997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

I would like to know what is wrong with Brembo GT ????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 01:09 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 997 GT3 RS/TT
you are absolutely right, brembo is **** !!!!!!!

btw who said you have to read this?????
Obviously you've had a very bad and frustrating experieince here - hope it gets resolved to your satisfaction. BTW, stock brakes are manufactured by Brembo for Porsche so at least they got it right for one set of products. I don't see Porsche changing OEM suppliers anytime soon so if you return to stock, you're still back with Brembos. Maybe try some other manufacturer like StopTech.

Old 12-06-2011, 01:13 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Karol there may be something with the braking pre-load theory that is incompatible with the new system. My advice to get you back on the road as quickly as possible would be to revert to the stock brake system. If you feel that system is inadequate then you could retain the stock calipers (you won't affect the braking pre-load) and upgrade to aftermarket floating or 2pc rotors from Brembo, Alcon, Performance Friction, Girodisc etc. Then also upgrade from the stock pads to a more performance oriented pad such as PFC-01 or Pagid Yellow.

While I don't have nearly the power your car has, my stock braking system has held up without fade in continuous >1 hr track laps in >105F Texas heat. I am even using the stock pads still, with the only mod being Motul RBF660 brake fluid. There is enough heat generated to melt the wheel balancing weights off the rims but the brakes are firm lap after lap

Old 12-06-2011, 01:15 PM
K24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond repute
Hi Karol,

I was thinking about those Brembo GT when my stock be dead, but I will perhap's choose the "Giro" rotors reading that, but "only" 350mm diameter in the rim...

PCCBs may be the best solution?

Old 12-06-2011, 01:28 PM
997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Obviously you've had a very bad and frustrating experieince here - hope it gets resolved to your satisfaction. BTW, stock brakes are manufactured by Brembo for Porsche so at least they got it right for one set of products. I don't see Porsche changing OEM suppliers anytime soon so if you return to stock, you're still back with Brembos. Maybe try some other manufacturer like StopTech.
sure I'm aware of this, but it's different brakes theory.
I mentioned many times that stock "brembos" are not so bad.

Old 12-06-2011, 01:32 PM
997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute997 GT3 RS/TT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by eclou
Karol there may be something with the braking pre-load theory that is incompatible with the new system. My advice to get you back on the road as quickly as possible would be to revert to the stock brake system. If you feel that system is inadequate then you could retain the stock calipers (you won't affect the braking pre-load) and upgrade to aftermarket floating or 2pc rotors from Brembo, Alcon, Performance Friction, Girodisc etc. Then also upgrade from the stock pads to a more performance oriented pad such as PFC-01 or Pagid Yellow.

While I don't have nearly the power your car has, my stock braking system has held up without fade in continuous >1 hr track laps in >105F Texas heat. I am even using the stock pads still, with the only mod being Motul RBF660 brake fluid. There is enough heat generated to melt the wheel balancing weights off the rims but the brakes are firm lap after lap
we already tested stock brakes....and they working like before.
regarding to upgrade, you are right this is what should I do from the begging.
My choice would be PF but it looks like there is no turbo discs.

Old 12-06-2011, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by K24F
Hi Karol,

I was thinking about those Brembo GT when my stock be dead, but I will perhap's choose the "Giro" rotors reading that, but "only" 350mm diameter in the rim...

PCCBs may be the best solution?

Pascal, you should stay a way from brembo GT !!!!

no idea about GIRO but can be worst than brembo GT?? Don't think so.

PCCB are fine, but you have to be careful, when stone stack between disc and pad than disc is gone.

Old 12-07-2011, 04:06 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 997 GT3 RS/TT
...and you are expert in which area?
both instructions are directly from manufacture document and both are different.....
I'm not an expert in any area regarding your car, this is why I'm not making suggestions on how to bed them in. I'm making suggestions to call the manufacturer. I'd have them email you directions directly that way you have it in writing on how exactly to bed them. When you talk to them on the phone, make sure you tell them the purpose and frequency of how often you'll be doing track days. I know this has left a sour taste in your mouth, but before you start telling people to stay away from the Brembo GT's (although you've already started telling people to), first burnish your new ones correctly and be sure you're working with the manufacturer on this. If you don't trust doing it yourself, then maybe contact a racing team that deals with these ALL the time and see if you can have them do it for you. I really hope you get this resolved to your satisfaction because these are known for being great break systems and it'd be nice to finally see you make a post about how as frustrating as it was to get it right, now that it's done right, WOW WHAT AMAZING BRAKES!!! I'd love to see you post something like that and end up happy in the end. Good luck!