997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 turbos with straight pipes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 06:44 PM
TAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond repute
997 turbos with straight pipes

Anyone switched their exhaust for some straight pipes/bypass pipes? Any regrets?
I currently have the fabspeed exhaust with hi-flo cats...have had the car for a year and a half...i think I need a little more sound.
If so, what pipes are you using? I don't think I would need to get my ecu reflashed (I currently have the evt775 package). I also thought about going catless but that might have to be after I try the straight pipes first and in case that is not enough...thanks for the input!!!!!!

Updated w/pics on page # 3 (work in progress)

Last edited by TAILWAG; 12-04-2011 at 02:35 PM. Reason: added pics to page 3
Old 11-26-2011, 09:04 PM
Porsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to behold
Tubi-Race Exhaust on my 997TT. Love it. Wish it was a little louder. But it sounds really good. Revving on a COLD Start really gets the neighbors peeking outside to see whats going on. LOL

Old 11-27-2011, 02:26 AM
hypers09 is infamous around these parts
I have BBI's straight pipes. I love the sound tone and loudness of the exhaust. I also had a great experience working with Betim and Joey I would recommend them anyway. Also, their work is incredible.

Old 11-27-2011, 02:40 AM
Banned
gt2urbo is infamous around these partsgt2urbo is infamous around these parts
i have bbi straight pipes(2 ft tubing from turbos) on my gt2 as well. love the sound. extremely loud, id also try out BBi catless x pipes.

Last edited by gt2urbo; 11-27-2011 at 02:50 AM.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:18 AM
vpmick is infamous around these partsvpmick is infamous around these parts
I have FVD Brombacher straight pipes and love them! They are pretty loud, but the car sounds awesome. Do be prepared for the sound...compared to stock or other exhausts they are much louder when you jump on it. Really cool "whistling" sound as turbos spool. Another great thing about them is the weight savings. Can't remember exactly how much, but somewhere around 45 lbs.

Old 11-27-2011, 08:55 AM
ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !
i used the AP straight pipe , they are good !! after , i ordered straight pipe from 911tuning.com !! they were high quality , very aggressive sound and forsure you will like the customer service from mark

you can see them

http://www.911tuning.com/997-Turbo/E...ips-p-111.html

Yousef

Old 11-27-2011, 09:57 PM
TAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks to everyone for the feedback!! After reading these posts and seeing some more videos, I am definitely going to do this. It is just a matter of deciding which set to go with. Since I already have the Fabspeed set up, I would think it would be best to go with the Fabspeeds that bolt on directly to my race-cats.

I think if I unbolt the muffler/exhaust off, that should give me a pretty good idea of what it will sound like. I will take it around the block to see and confirm - with that, I will then pull the trigger.

Do you guys think I will need to reflash the ECU if I am simply replacing the sport exhaust (after the race cats) for the race pipes?

Thanks!

Old 11-28-2011, 03:09 AM
1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all
It would be great of somebody would post a video example of the straight pipes. I'd really like to hear that.

Old 11-28-2011, 06:52 AM
I found a couple

Old 11-28-2011, 08:12 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Tailwag, the muffler bypass pipes will be an easy and simple bolt up upgrade that will improve the sound. You will not need to flash the ECU for this exhaust change unless you were looking for more power and improved engine response. PM Sent with information.
thanks,

Old 11-28-2011, 02:18 PM
Thanks to Alex and everyone else's feedback. I can't wait to get this done. I will post before and after videos...

We took the exhaust off to gauge sound and it is in fact, wicked. Early xmas present for me...

Old 11-28-2011, 02:31 PM
Banned
gt2urbo is infamous around these partsgt2urbo is infamous around these parts
a little confused i thought straight pipe had no cats . atleast mine dont. straight from turbos, u can see turbo wheel if u look down pipes.

Old 11-28-2011, 03:54 PM
porsche1099 is infamous around these parts
I just did Fabspeed's Supersport X-Pipe on my 997TT. The sound is incredible. It's an "in-between" solution if you want to nix the mufflers but don't want to do straight pipes. You keep your hf cats and trade in your mufflers for an x-pipe with some resonators. It's really the perfect balance for me as far as "loud". Fabspeed has a good vid of it.

Old 11-29-2011, 07:58 AM
Etchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond repute
I had the FVD straightpipes on my 996tt for 2 hours- incredibly loud and the exhaust smell was rough. Turbos sounded incredible... Just way too aggressive for street. Spent my time trying to find the sweet spot of not too loud ~3300rpm. Anything lower the car could rattle apart. Incredibly loud.
I've also had a Milltek Sport, and Switzer catless.

Good luck!

Old 11-29-2011, 10:31 AM
sniperm is infamous around these parts
does anyone have straight pipes all the way to the back? no muffler..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 turbos with straight pipes