997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Audi R8??????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 05:48 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Terminator
Yeah beautiful. Small, cramped. Slower. And when chicks ask you what you drive Porsche sounds much better than Audi! Much better chick magnet. Ha ha ha!
disagreed. chicks want to see and feel what u drive, until then it`s just talk.
after seeing and hearing the R8 there is only 1 reaction: "WOW!"

BINGO!

The biggest plus of the Porsche in this regard is the 2 back seats, thatīs space for at least 2 chicks!

P.S. A Porsche Turbo will always be faster until Audi puts a Turbo engine in the (next) R8.
Itīs the (Turbo-)Torque that matters (at the wheels), thatīs why the R8 even with more ponies is not even close in terms of acceleration.

Last edited by catchmyshadow; 12-04-2011 at 06:01 PM.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:53 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by catchmyshadow
disagreed. chicks want to see and feel what u drive, until then it`s just talk.
after seeing and hearing the R8 there is only 1 reaction: "WOW!"

BINGO!

The biggest plus of the Porsche in this regard is the 2 back seats, thatīs space for at least 2 chicks!

P.S. A Porsche Turbo will always be faster until Audi puts a Turbo engine in the (next) R8.
Itīs the (Turbo-)Torque that matters (at the wheels), thatīs why the R8 even with more ponies is not even close in terms of acceleration.
Personally i think if a man needs a special car to pull a decent woman then there are some serious issues but (i think) what terminator was referring to is how girls tend to be more fashion conscious when talking about their man amongst friends....you know....'girl talk'. And lets face it, put yourself in their shoes, who's going to sound better at morning coffee in the bragging stakes. There is always that ever presence of girl competiton if you know what i mean. Anyway i guess if your girl/wife was left saying how you drive an Audi (if asked, and that's bound to happen) she may be left holding the short stick in the conversation....a figure of speech (no flame please). For me i drive what i want and to hell with the girl talk but then i may be called chauvinistic for being so inconsiderate. i.e. even my wife has told me don't you dare swap that 911 for an Audi....are you crazy! So every once in a while i tease her with my next car. One day she may be surprised . But for now she's pretty safe..

And in so far as the Audi putting a turbocharger on its next R8 so it can keep up with TT and GTR, and other tuned ricers of far lesser value, i say so it should, as it needs to be able to keep up during in gear hauls where that turbo torque really takes charge. And on the back seat, its definitely better having one than not if only to have some extra air space in the cabin.
Oh well.... R8 i may own you one day and to hell with the misses but jeesh it's going to have to get rid of that stupid looking butt ugly face/grille first and turf out that ridiculous looking sleeping cushion stuck on the steering wheel and get rid of those stupid 4 **** rings and emboss R8 into the leather s/wheel hub....or something sensible like that. Also, drop the seat another few inches so i don't have to drive lying down in a bed. No wonder they have a puffy cushion on the steering wheel.

Last edited by speed21; 12-04-2011 at 08:17 PM.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:44 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
i didn`t want to mention the point, cause i think itīs common sense among the smart people on here that you should choose a car for yourself and not for others, but if others (chicks, wife, friends, children) like the choice as well, itīs a big additional plus and makes a car even more enjoyable.

P.S. Porsche is still a notch above Audi in terms of prestige BUT the R8 is something that stands out. Yes, it carries the 4 Rings as well but its Prestige and exclusivity is closer to Lamborghini than Audi. Even among the rich, the R8 enjoys a supercar status.

Old 12-04-2011, 08:50 PM
thackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to all
I agree with all the posts here, R8 looks great and sounds better. I would consider it, but a supercar with back seats suits my so much better for midrange overnight trips

Last edited by thackl; 12-04-2011 at 08:53 PM.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:56 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by thackl
I thought about a Z06 (still do). Great bang for the buck, easy to mod, looks and sounds mean. I finally got my wife to go for a test drive in one a few months ago and at the end she said "nice car, I'd rather you get a Porsche".
See there's that girl talk again . Terminator is right about women and Porsche's vs Audi vs Nissan...whatever. And there is nothing any guy can do about that. But for us chauvinist pigs we will continue to drive what we want. After all you could always tell them go marry a car.

Old 12-04-2011, 09:04 PM
thackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to all
Originally Posted by speed21
See there's that girl talk again . Terminator is right about women and Porsche's vs Audi vs Nissan...whatever. And there is nothing any guy can do about that. But for us chauvinist pigs we will continue to drive what we want. After all you could always tell them go marry a car.
Ha Ha, I tried to erase that and put it in the Corvette thread, but you were too quick. I prefer a 911 too and what she meant by "Porsche" is ANY p-car.... the badge. A used low mile Turbo is $30-40k more than a used Z06 and she is not happy I am spending this kind of $$ on a nearly 5yr old car... she's a psychiatrist and probably trying to have me committed as I type

Old 12-04-2011, 09:11 PM
Banned
Ha Ha, I tried to erase that and put it in the Corvette thread, but you were too quick. I prefer a 911 too and what she meant by "Porsche" is ANY p-car.... the badge. A used low mile Turbo is $30-40k more than a used Z06 and she is not happy I am spending this kind of $$ on a nearly 5yr old car... she's a psychiatrist and probably trying to have me committed as I type
Haha...sorry. It's quick or the dead round here sometimes. But i still reckon a guy has got to do what a guy wants and when it comes to his drive it's a personal thing. And women have a problem understanding that sometimes.

Old 12-04-2011, 09:22 PM
Haha...sorry. It's quick or the dead round here sometimes. But i still reckon a guy has got to do what a guy wants and when it comes to his drive it's a personal thing. And women have a problem understanding that sometimes.
You should see the shoe and purse rack I had built for her... now any man who can understand her closet deserves two Porsches

Old 12-04-2011, 10:02 PM
Banned
You should see the shoe and purse rack I had built for her... now any man who can understand her closet deserves two Porsches
No kidding! I swear if i upsize our abode it'll be purely to provide more space for my wife's shoes and handbags and clothing. It really is way way beyond a joke.. Speaking of closets that's exactly what's happening today at my home. I have tradesman doing interior refits in all her wardrobes to try fit all her stuff....it's just unbelievable!!!!!

Old 12-04-2011, 11:04 PM
Panguard is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by godspeed521
Read the same article. The GMG offering is a great choice along with the Stasis supercharger.

But what's amazing is that despite the GMG's TT upgrade, the bone stock Turbo S can still beat it by .8 seconds to 60, and at least .6 seconds in the 1/4 mile.. all without any warranty issues. With a modest GIAC tune of the ECU, the Turbo S will be even faster..

It's obviously not just about which car is faster in a straight line when making a decision, but it's a big part of 'performance'. To that end, it's hard to beat a Turbo S.
I agree.. the Turbo is an amazing machine. I'd be happy with either.

From what I read the higher stages for that R8 package would increase horsepower along with torque but it's only a matter of time. But like you said, a TTS with a GIAC tune would be even faster as well so go figure.

Old 12-05-2011, 07:00 AM
bryansdc is infamous around these parts
Doesn't anyone think the interior of the R8 blows the Porsche away.I test drove one today and really loved the interior!...Yes the car is not as fast as the TTS but the exhaust and interior almost makes it a equalizer...

Old 12-05-2011, 08:00 AM
GAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Fabryce@GMGRacing
Fabryce, do you have any rear shots of the turbo setup on this car with the rear bumper removed?

Old 12-05-2011, 08:43 AM
TAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond repute
Personally i think if a man needs a special car to pull a decent woman then there are some serious issues but (i think) what terminator was referring to is how girls tend to be more fashion conscious when talking about their man amongst friends....you know....'girl talk'. And lets face it, put yourself in their shoes, who's going to sound better at morning coffee in the bragging stakes. There is always that ever presence of girl competiton if you know what i mean. Anyway i guess if your girl/wife was left saying how you drive an Audi (if asked, and that's bound to happen) she may be left holding the short stick in the conversation....a figure of speech (no flame please). For me i drive what i want and to hell with the girl talk but then i may be called chauvinistic for being so inconsiderate. i.e. even my wife has told me don't you dare swap that 911 for an Audi....are you crazy! So every once in a while i tease her with my next car. One day she may be surprised . But for now she's pretty safe..

And in so far as the Audi putting a turbocharger on its next R8 so it can keep up with TT and GTR, and other tuned ricers of far lesser value, i say so it should, as it needs to be able to keep up during in gear hauls where that turbo torque really takes charge. And on the back seat, its definitely better having one than not if only to have some extra air space in the cabin.
Oh well.... R8 i may own you one day and to hell with the misses but jeesh it's going to have to get rid of that stupid looking butt ugly face/grille first and turf out that ridiculous looking sleeping cushion stuck on the steering wheel and get rid of those stupid 4 **** rings and emboss R8 into the leather s/wheel hub....or something sensible like that. Also, drop the seat another few inches so i don't have to drive lying down in a bed. No wonder they have a puffy cushion on the steering wheel.
hilar ious

Old 12-05-2011, 11:17 AM
godspeed521 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by bryansdc
Doesn't anyone think the interior of the R8 blows the Porsche away.I test drove one today and really loved the interior!...Yes the car is not as fast as the TTS but the exhaust and interior almost makes it a equalizer...
Sounds like you've made up your mind. You should go for it.

Old 12-05-2011, 11:24 AM
Bluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud of
I think the interior is worse. The nav is horrible, A/C sucks, car is always hot, stereo sucks too. Dated interior, much prefer the TTS interior.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Audi R8??????