997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Does Carrera Red leather transfer color?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 02:37 PM
arash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by number 3
I think that I'm going into uncharted territory here but, I've recently started spritzing the interior with cologne, something woody and spicy like "Hanae Mori".
But the new car smell! The smelllll! What have you done!?!

Old 12-09-2011, 02:58 PM
number 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to behold
I know, I know. At the moment I'm overcome with shame, guilt, and grey goose.

Old 12-09-2011, 03:08 PM
Former Vendor
SpoolnV8 is infamous around these parts
This is exact reason why I wear red pants wherever I go

Old 12-09-2011, 07:20 PM
MK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by arash
Mamnoon, Ari.

For now though, the dream car floats on the cold, dark sea. I can't wait until it gets here; first order of business will be figuring out how to keep the deviated white stitching clean.

If I wanted to really be true to my Iranian OCD-clean roots though, I'd cover everything inside in plastic!

I'm sure it will all wear off after the first track day... I hope.
Haha!! I'm Persian too so that made me crack up Congrats!! Out of curiousity, I recall you were looking for used 997's just a while back with DME and price questions for the forum. What happened that made you change your mind to a new TTS? Well I guess I know why That car is ridiculous!
Mobarak

Old 12-09-2011, 10:33 PM
C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
On my past m5 the red on the center console rubbed off a little when I was cleaning it with lexol cleaner. Never on any clothes though.

Ps white/red is the best color combo IMHO, just never really liked how Porsche always came with a red dash and door panels.

Old 12-10-2011, 12:55 AM
arash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by MK23
Out of curiousity, I recall you were looking for used 997's just a while back with DME and price questions for the forum. What happened that made you change your mind to a new TTS? Well I guess I know why That car is ridiculous!
Mobarak
Wow, you have a super good memory! Myself, I can barely remember the events of today!

Anyway, yes, I spent several months looking for a white on red TT, 2007-2009 with low miles. I ended up going through two not-so-great close-call experiences. Both were really painful, because as fans of this sort of color theme surely know, it's uncommon and finds are few and far-between.

1) The first car, in Ohio, had super-low miles, clean, and well-equipped. I was ready to wire the money upon a successful PPI, and then I got the DME. Overrevs in ALL ranges.

2) The second car, here in the SF Bay Area, was being sold used by a Porsche dealership, and again, super clean, very low miles. Went and test drove it and everything was perfect. It passed DME with flying colors, and the dealer even gave me a good price after some lengthy negotiations. I left the dealership on Saturday, agreeing to come Monday afternoon with a cashier's check in hand. Monday morning came around, and I got a call from the dealer. He'd sold it out from under me to another party. I was pretty furious.

At that point I soured on the whole buying-a-used-Turbo dream, and used the money for a down payment on a house.

Then something wonderful happened a couple months later. My business hit an epic upturn. So I vacillated for about a month and eventually did what I had really wanted (but couldn't safely afford) all along, and configured a brand new Turbo S. It took a little bit of hunting to find a changeable allocation on a coupe at a dealer that was willing to give a good price, but I eventually found an excellent October build slot. I knew I'd be keeping this car for a long time, so I didn't hold back on the options, and ended up with this build after a lot of knowledge gained from this very board (thanks!)

BASE 911 Turbo S
B4 Carrara White
B4 Carrara White
07 Natural Leather in Carrera Red
686 SiriusXM(TM) Sat Radio Tuner
342 Heated Seats (Front)
635 ParkAssist System (Rear)
XSC Porsche Crest Emboss Headrest
XFJ Instrument Dials Carrara White
XSA Sport Seat Backrests ExtColor
XES PreparIlluminatDoorSillGuards
09991 Excl Options Dev Stitching
24905 Rear Side Panel Dev.Stitching
24904 Dev.Stitching Side Centr Cnsl
24903 Stch-Dr Hdl&StrgComLid DevThrd
24902 Door Stitching in Dev. Color
24901 Dashboard Stitching Dev. Color
24891 Stitch-Front/RearSeatDevThread
671 Voice Control
641 Electronic Logbook
CFP Handbrake Alum w Dev Stitching
XWU PDK Gate Surround in Leather
XTV Door Finishers in Leather
XME Center Console Paint Ext Color
998 Natural Leather Interior
XUV Logo on Center Console
XXB DoorEntryGuardStainSteel-Illum

The stitching is deviated white, and I've also deviated the model lettering on the tail to Guards Red. I'm also considering doing a custom guards red Turbo S decal on the lower front edges of the doors like the GT2RS/Carrera GTS. I guess I'll have to figure this out before I get the doors wrapped.

Anyway, long story short, car was ordered in September, and... the wait will be over soon. Been wanting this car since I was 10.

Old 12-10-2011, 01:05 AM
Originally Posted by C4SxM5
On my past m5 the red on the center console rubbed off a little when I was cleaning it with lexol cleaner. Never on any clothes though.

Ps white/red is the best color combo IMHO, just never really liked how Porsche always came with a red dash and door panels.
Porsche can change the color of anything if you pay enough. I've seen folks do black dash with red everything-else, and if you deviate the carpets to black too you'll end up with a lot less red, somewhat like on a BMW. Can't get enough of the red myself, though, I actually enjoy that Porsche keeps the color consistent all over the interior with a only a few bits of trim.

Old 12-12-2011, 12:41 PM
MK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud of
Wow, you have a super good memory! Myself, I can barely remember the events of today!

Anyway, yes, I spent several months looking for a white on red TT, 2007-2009 with low miles. I ended up going through two not-so-great close-call experiences. Both were really painful, because as fans of this sort of color theme surely know, it's uncommon and finds are few and far-between.

1) The first car, in Ohio, had super-low miles, clean, and well-equipped. I was ready to wire the money upon a successful PPI, and then I got the DME. Overrevs in ALL ranges.

2) The second car, here in the SF Bay Area, was being sold used by a Porsche dealership, and again, super clean, very low miles. Went and test drove it and everything was perfect. It passed DME with flying colors, and the dealer even gave me a good price after some lengthy negotiations. I left the dealership on Saturday, agreeing to come Monday afternoon with a cashier's check in hand. Monday morning came around, and I got a call from the dealer. He'd sold it out from under me to another party. I was pretty furious.

At that point I soured on the whole buying-a-used-Turbo dream, and used the money for a down payment on a house.

Then something wonderful happened a couple months later. My business hit an epic upturn. So I vacillated for about a month and eventually did what I had really wanted (but couldn't safely afford) all along, and configured a brand new Turbo S. It took a little bit of hunting to find a changeable allocation on a coupe at a dealer that was willing to give a good price, but I eventually found an excellent October build slot. I knew I'd be keeping this car for a long time, so I didn't hold back on the options, and ended up with this build after a lot of knowledge gained from this very board (thanks!)

BASE 911 Turbo S
B4 Carrara White
B4 Carrara White
07 Natural Leather in Carrera Red
686 SiriusXM(TM) Sat Radio Tuner
342 Heated Seats (Front)
635 ParkAssist System (Rear)
XSC Porsche Crest Emboss Headrest
XFJ Instrument Dials Carrara White
XSA Sport Seat Backrests ExtColor
XES PreparIlluminatDoorSillGuards
09991 Excl Options Dev Stitching
24905 Rear Side Panel Dev.Stitching
24904 Dev.Stitching Side Centr Cnsl
24903 Stch-Dr Hdl&StrgComLid DevThrd
24902 Door Stitching in Dev. Color
24901 Dashboard Stitching Dev. Color
24891 Stitch-Front/RearSeatDevThread
671 Voice Control
641 Electronic Logbook
CFP Handbrake Alum w Dev Stitching
XWU PDK Gate Surround in Leather
XTV Door Finishers in Leather
XME Center Console Paint Ext Color
998 Natural Leather Interior
XUV Logo on Center Console
XXB DoorEntryGuardStainSteel-Illum

The stitching is deviated white, and I've also deviated the model lettering on the tail to Guards Red. I'm also considering doing a custom guards red Turbo S decal on the lower front edges of the doors like the GT2RS/Carrera GTS. I guess I'll have to figure this out before I get the doors wrapped.

Anyway, long story short, car was ordered in September, and... the wait will be over soon. Been wanting this car since I was 10.
Well how many "arash"s do you find on this forum Well that sounds like quite a story and congrats on the good fortune at work! I love the TTS and hope to upgrade in a couple of years from my 997TT tip. But I just can't imagine Porsche making an even faster turbo or turbo s with the new ones that will come out in a few years, so maybe the current TTS will become a collector's item? Good luck and post some pics when you get it!

Old 12-12-2011, 02:00 PM
JSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud of
Mamnoon, Ari.

For now though, the dream car floats on the cold, dark sea. I can't wait until it gets here; first order of business will be figuring out how to keep the deviated white stitching clean.

If I wanted to really be true to my Iranian OCD-clean roots though, I'd cover everything inside in plastic!

I'm sure it will all wear off after the first track day... I hope.
3M scotch guard applied with a QTip would be my suggestion!

Old 12-12-2011, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by JSF721
3M scotch guard applied with a QTip would be my suggestion!
That's a good idea. The Serafil thread is made from polyester so it should be pretty stain-resistant already, but Scotchgard will likely render it immune!

I'm mostly worried about high-traffic skin-contact areas like the handbrake stitching.

Old 12-21-2011, 12:40 AM
Boat just docked. Exciting!

Old 12-21-2011, 06:28 AM
Weebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud of
Boat just docked. Exciting!

Sweet! Enjoy those first few "bonding" drives together!

Can't wait to see some good pics of that color combo!

Old 12-21-2011, 06:35 AM
carl111 is infamous around these parts
Hi, congrats, here is mine!

Old 12-21-2011, 06:37 AM
carl111 is infamous around these parts
Sorry, no issues what so ever!

Attached Images  
Old 12-21-2011, 08:05 AM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
go order an exclusive aluminum PDK shifter with black leather - 2 things - it will look cool with the black PCM, & it will not show all the dirt that can build up on those light coloured shift *****.

i love deviated stiching

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.