997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Does Carrera Red leather transfer color?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 04:13 PM
arash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to behold
Does Carrera Red leather transfer color?

I'm expecting delivery of my white-on-red TTS in a few weeks, and I'm curious to know from those of you that have the red interior, have you experienced color transfer onto your light-colored pants?

My only other experience with brightly-colored aniline-dyed natural leather is the iPad 2's red Smart Cover which bled a little when new, and I don't make nearly as much contact with that as I will with my seats.

Old 12-08-2011, 04:16 PM
cm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by arash
I'm expecting delivery of my white-on-red TTS in a few weeks, and I'm curious to know from those of you that have the red interior, have you experienced color transfer onto your light-colored pants?

My only other experience with brightly-colored aniline-dyed natural leather is the iPad 2's red Smart Cover which bled a little when new, and I don't make nearly as much contact with that as I will with my seats.
I have the red interior and have had no problems

Old 12-08-2011, 04:31 PM
arash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to behold
Good. My slacks will be pleased.

Old 12-08-2011, 09:23 PM
Weebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud ofWeebs has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by cm09578
I have the red interior and have had no problems
Same here. No issues at all.

Old 12-09-2011, 02:01 AM
tphss is a glorious beacon of lighttphss is a glorious beacon of lighttphss is a glorious beacon of lighttphss is a glorious beacon of lighttphss is a glorious beacon of light
I have red interior in my 996TT and also no problems.
Usually it's the other way around, jeans especially could leave color stains on leather. It's more common on gray and tan leather.

For example in the 335i the interior is tan and the dealer offered (and I took) an option of special coating (guaranteed for 3 years I believe) that the leather won't be stained. So far so good.

Oh and, congratulations on the new car!!

Old 12-09-2011, 02:23 AM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
While 911 turbos have always been some of the fastest cars to 60 and in the 1/4 mile, you can't argue with the physics of a rear engined car in this respect, the PDK TurboS Porsche has definitively cornered the drag racing market.

I think a sub 3 sec 60 has to be on the bucket list!! Congrats on the car man!

Mobarak Basheh!

Old 12-09-2011, 03:47 AM
Mamnoon, Ari.

For now though, the dream car floats on the cold, dark sea. I can't wait until it gets here; first order of business will be figuring out how to keep the deviated white stitching clean.

If I wanted to really be true to my Iranian OCD-clean roots though, I'd cover everything inside in plastic!

I'm sure it will all wear off after the first track day... I hope.

Old 12-09-2011, 05:07 AM
Gerardo is infamous around these partsGerardo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Weebs
Same here. No issues at all.
Same. No problems.

Old 12-09-2011, 08:10 AM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
Congrats!

Old 12-09-2011, 09:04 AM
number 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to behold
Never any problem. The blue dye from jeans requires some occasional cleaning. Mild detergent on a cloth gets rid of it. I use the leather wipes every couple of months and the interior is is great condition.

Old 12-09-2011, 01:32 PM
Originally Posted by number 3
I use the leather wipes every couple of months and the interior is is great condition.
Which wipes do you prefer?

Old 12-09-2011, 01:47 PM
512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of
Congrats man, now if the roof was green you'd have yourself the flag. Cheers.

Old 12-09-2011, 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by 512bb
Congrats man, now if the roof was green you'd have yourself the flag. Cheers.
Hadn't really realized that, red and white have always been my favorite colorway on the classics.

Last edited by arash; 12-09-2011 at 02:17 PM.
Old 12-09-2011, 02:26 PM
AlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to all
Originally Posted by arash
Which wipes do you prefer?
Just use Sonax leather foam. Amazing stuff.

Old 12-09-2011, 02:34 PM
number 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to behold
Weiman's leather wipes. One wipe is good for the entire interior and enough left over to do your shoes & boots.

I think that I'm going into uncharted territory here but, I've recently started spritzing the interior with cologne, something woody and spicy like "Hanae Mori".

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.