997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Sneak peak of my new coolers!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 09:24 AM
Miguel-H is infamous around these parts
If you ever need a bone stock car to fit and data-log them on you know where to call

Old 01-11-2012, 09:35 AM
GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Miguel-H
If you ever need a bone stock car to fit and data-log them on you know where to call
Why thankyou sir

Old 03-07-2012, 01:09 PM
GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !
Round 2

Here are some new pics of my prototype coolers.

Basically when they were first created I had the inlets and outlets that connect to the hoses made in 70mm so I had to make new hoses in 70mm which became a pain for me as it was going to take a while to get right as I went through 2 sets of hoses and it was taking too long for my liking!

In the end I had the inlets and outlets redone and now they are plug and play and connect with the stock hoses with no problems so I am over the moon.

So now that is out of the way It's a case of checking if they fit in the car with the factory hoses connected which they should fingers crossed!

This means it's time for some back to back testing against the stock coolers.

I think the connections look amazing, they are so well made and the company that has made them have been so helpful!!!!

Old 03-07-2012, 01:36 PM
They look the business Nick, can't wait to see how they'll perform. Have you figured out what direction your are going with the mounting stubs yet:- machine for clips or tap and bolt?

Old 03-07-2012, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by Miguel-H
They look the business Nick, can't wait to see how they'll perform. Have you figured out what direction your are going with the mounting stubs yet:- machine for clips or tap and bolt?
What I and the manufacturers have decided to do is leave them how they are for now!

The reason being that there is some data he wants me to collect to fine tune these cores by changing the internal fin design.

Once we are both happy with the cores he will then finish off the the mounting stubs and machine them for the clips etc....etc...

I could even have the end tanks made more round and beaten into shape with a high mirror polished finish but again this all adds to the cost and it's not like they are on display or will benefit from extra hp!

Old 03-07-2012, 02:27 PM
Sounds promising. Looking forward to seeing the results. :thumbs:

Old 03-07-2012, 02:41 PM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
Nice coolers. Really looking good bud. Congrats as I know you have been waiting awhile. Looking forward to hearing how they worked out for you. Good luck

Old 03-07-2012, 02:56 PM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
Great looking car. And friends with equally good tastes. Was that at an airstrip? How fast did you go?

Old 03-07-2012, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by PT Doc
Great looking car. And friends with equally good tastes. Was that at an airstrip? How fast did you go?

It was an airstrip and I did 193mph on the GPS which is not bad.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

It has been a test of patients and the thing is I hope the test of patients has come to an end so I can test the coolers

Old 11-14-2012, 09:41 AM
I'm back and the coolers are finally fitted after a few little tweaks to the end tanks to get them to fit!

Old 11-14-2012, 09:55 AM
Here's some result I have lots of logs but I though I would just post the result's that mean something.

Test has been done on the same day within the space of 5hrs

Stock coolers.

<OEngine speed/ Intake Temp/Ambient temp/Vehicle speed
6226.5 / 44c / 11.3c / 237.4kmh

<OAerospace coolers.

<OEngine speed/ Intake Temp/Ambient temp/Vehicle speed<O</O
6377.5 / 29c / 13.5c / 237.4kmh
<O6476.5 / 37c / 14.3c / 300.24kmh<O</O

Old 11-14-2012, 12:32 PM

Old 11-14-2012, 12:34 PM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
Well done Nick!! Great results!! Cheers! Rhonda

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 11-14-2012, 02:29 PM

Old 11-14-2012, 03:15 PM
Originally Posted by Rhonda@FVD
Well done Nick!! Great results!! Cheers! Rhonda

Thanks Rhonda.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sneak peak of my new coolers!