997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Sneak peak of my new coolers!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 03:56 PM
earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GTRNICK
Here's some result I have lots of logs but I though I would just post the result's that mean something.

Test has been done on the same day within the space of 5hrs

Stock coolers.

<OEngine speed/ Intake Temp/Ambient temp/Vehicle speed
6226.5 / 44c / 11.3c / 237.4kmh

<OAerospace coolers.

<OEngine speed/ Intake Temp/Ambient temp/Vehicle speed<O</O
6377.5 / 29c / 13.5c / 237.4kmh
<O6476.5 / 37c / 14.3c / 300.24kmh<O</O
Looking good Nick, 23C over ambient on an 14C day is very good on a pull to 300kph. What boost level & compressor? Did you seek a peak in temps ~270kph then a drop off up to 300? -seems to be a trend with the denser coolers.

Last edited by earl3; 11-14-2012 at 04:22 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:12 PM
GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by earl3
Looking good Nick, 23C over ambient on an 11C day is very good on a pull to 300kph. What boost level & compressor? Did you seek a peak in temps ~270kph then a drop off up to 300? -seems to be a trend with the denser coolers.

I'm running stock turbo's, with FVD re-map and other mods.

Heres a screen shot.

I do have a log of before and after taken from durametrics.

Last edited by GTRNICK; 11-14-2012 at 04:16 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:13 PM
skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !
Really great thread...Well done...
as a comment i would like to add that i just read your thread and really liked what you did...excellent job...On your first page i thought you would use oem plastic and tanks with your core...did you ever thought of that?you could have lowered iat even more...
But even with alu end tanks you managed to lower iat as gt2rs ics Vs 997,1 ics...and this shows you used excellent core...

Old 11-15-2012, 12:42 PM
GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by skandalis447
Really great thread...Well done...
as a comment i would like to add that i just read your thread and really liked what you did...excellent job...On your first page i thought you would use oem plastic and tanks with your core...did you ever thought of that?you could have lowered iat even more...
But even with alu end tanks you managed to lower iat as gt2rs ics Vs 997,1 ics...and this shows you used excellent core...
Thank you for the kind words it has been a test of patients.

The cores I have are the very best out there!

There is no better!

Old 11-15-2012, 02:53 PM
Here is a before and after of the stock core vs aerospace core.

Stock

Aerospace

Old 11-16-2012, 11:20 AM
Here is 2 logs from the same gear.
I just went through the entire logs to find something suitable.

Stock core

Aerospace core

Old 11-18-2012, 01:57 PM
dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !
nicely done Nick, lets see this into a full product development!
+rep

Old 11-18-2012, 02:30 PM
strato58 is infamous around these parts
Im sure these are the very best available...that being said I just ordered the 997.2 coolers..I think those will suffice for my street use and your coolers will be for the very hard core highest hp cars...lets say over 650 hp. I can only assume with all the work, testing and research these will have to sell well above the $990 i just paid for the 997.2 coolers. Good luck but its almost like spinning your wheels due to the availability of the super cheap and effective 997.2 coolers...can you sell enough of these to make it worth your while? I hope you do based on your hard work and efforts.

Old 11-18-2012, 03:11 PM
Originally Posted by dianic
nicely done Nick, lets see this into a full product development!
+rep
Thanks Nick for the kind words lets see what happens

Old 11-18-2012, 03:13 PM
Originally Posted by strato58
Im sure these are the very best available...that being said I just ordered the 997.2 coolers..I think those will suffice for my street use and your coolers will be for the very hard core highest hp cars...lets say over 650 hp. I can only assume with all the work, testing and research these will have to sell well above the $990 i just paid for the 997.2 coolers. Good luck but its almost like spinning your wheels due to the availability of the super cheap and effective 997.2 coolers...can you sell enough of these to make it worth your while? I hope you do based on your hard work and efforts.
I agree with you when it comes to the 997.2 coolers they are a good price for what you get nothing comes close!

Old 11-18-2012, 03:15 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
+1 rep for DIY product development. Nice work.

Old 11-18-2012, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by bbywu
+1 rep for DIY product development. Nice work.
Thank you sir

Old 11-18-2012, 05:45 PM
shtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by strato58
I think there will be people willing to pay more for the best, or for a superior product. Your intercoolers might turn out to be very popular for track cars too, since on the track they are pushed to the limit, so the limit needs to be raised.

Old 11-19-2012, 09:50 AM
skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !
i am almost sure your core is better than GT2RS core (even though thermal efficiency of it is great) I wonder how would it be to combine gt2rs end tanks with your core...To take advantage of plastic end tanks...
On the other hand it would be awesome to have a test car with your IC at left side and GT2RS ic on right side...Up to my knowledge that would be the toughest test to pass...Once again bravo for your work...you manage to compete the most thermal efficient ic...

Old 11-19-2012, 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by skandalis447
i am almost sure your core is better than GT2RS core (even though thermal efficiency of it is great) I wonder how would it be to combine gt2rs end tanks with your core...To take advantage of plastic end tanks...
On the other hand it would be awesome to have a test car with your IC at left side and GT2RS ic on right side...Up to my knowledge that would be the toughest test to pass...Once again bravo for your work...you manage to compete the most thermal efficient ic...

Thankyou bro I hope they are the most thermal efficient IC but I still have alot of testing to do epsecially when the warmer weather kicks in next year.

I think it would be good to test them against the GT2RS coolers but I think we both know what the outcome will be if we go by your logs!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sneak peak of my new coolers!