997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

battery maintainer for 997.1 turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 07:58 PM
spooling is infamous around these parts
Thank you

Old 12-13-2011, 08:08 PM
quick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by jakeskiny
I have this one... mine turns off after a few days so it should be fine if you leave it for a few weeks. I'm not sure if it ever turns on again if the battery starts losing charge. Mine has never automatically turned on again after it automatically turns off. I suspect that it does not have a floating charge mechanism like the other charger that you were looking at.
Yes it does turn off after few days but any time i have cranked the car ( 3-4 weeks ) it has always fired right up

Old 12-13-2011, 08:22 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
That's the unit I use as well. I plug it in as soon as I park it because I never know the next time I'll get to drive the car. It will turn off itself when the charge is full. You may notice the light go on randomly after a full charge; car obviously draws some power even when parked which will trigger the charger. One tip: lock the doors after you plug it in. Car will draw more power with the doors unlocked (not sure why??).

Old 12-14-2011, 06:40 AM
Slik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond repute
I use the Battery Manager IV from Griot's Garage. I know it's probably made by one of the "name" manufacturers, but I buy from Griot's because of the lifetime guarantee that they put on what they sell. This particular unit not only charges and maintains, but it has a switch that allows charging of both standard lead acid batteries or the newer gel-type batteries. It also comes with a cigarette lighter adapter. Great unit for the price. On sale now! http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/...ks&from=Search

The have some more sophisticated units, but this one does the job for me.

Old 12-14-2011, 07:02 AM
shtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by spooling
what is the difference between this maintainer
http://www.suncoastparts.com/product//98061198100.html

and this one
http://www.suncoastparts.com/product//95504490054.html

I like the idea of plugging it into the lighter socket. The car will be sitting for a few weeks between drives.

thanks!
I have the Porsche charger and it works great for me. My car sits for two months at a time while I am on work trips. I think the second link is a newer fancier version, but the less expensive one works just fine. I have been very pleased with mine.