997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Couple of 2012 997.2 turbo s mod questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 12:08 AM
gkviper192 is infamous around these parts
Couple of 2012 997.2 turbo s mod questions

Hey guys new guy here.

I have a 2012 997.2 Turbo S.

I want to look into getting some more power out of this car.

Frist and most importantly, who can I go to, to get the best tune for my car? I will probably be adding full exhaust and intakes along with the tune when I do it. Who does the best tuning?

Thank you,
Greg

Old 12-17-2011, 01:26 AM
godspeed521 is infamous around these parts
Plenty of great tuners here in my neck of the woods (S. CA), not sure about PA. Besides the full exhaust setup including headers and an ECU, I'm not sure it's necessary to do anything more. If you were a 'tuning junkie' should have went with a 997.1 TT. Those motors are proven to handle more power and are not limited by the PDK tranny.

Old 12-17-2011, 08:21 AM
Jeff C is a glorious beacon of lightJeff C is a glorious beacon of lightJeff C is a glorious beacon of lightJeff C is a glorious beacon of lightJeff C is a glorious beacon of light
Most would tell you to drive the car for a while, get to know it and then go for the mods.
Turbo S pretty spectacular as is. Put a few thousand miles on it. Good Luck.

Old 12-17-2011, 09:39 AM
Bhud43 is infamous around these parts
Try this: http://www.roogio.com/700hp-power-ki...-for-0-100kmh/

That's the most powerful kit I've found so far

Old 12-17-2011, 09:39 AM
GAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to behold
My first "mod" would be to head to Pocono or any of the other 3-4 great road courses you have in PA and sign up for some performance driving/racing classes (assuming you haven't already). Learn to maximize what you've already got, which is SUBSTANTIAL. Then worry about performance mods

Old 12-17-2011, 09:40 AM
TAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond repute
so many things to do...but it all depends on what you want out of the car. You have a spectacular car right out of the box. I would start with the basics....probably an exhaust and a tune...then go from there.

Old 12-17-2011, 08:29 PM
gerbs is a jewel in the roughgerbs is a jewel in the roughgerbs is a jewel in the roughgerbs is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by GAM3OVR
My first "mod" would be to head to Pocono or any of the other 3-4 great road courses you have in PA and sign up for some performance driving/racing classes (assuming you haven't already). Learn to maximize what you've already got, which is SUBSTANTIAL. Then worry about performance mods
+1 Well said.

Old 12-17-2011, 08:39 PM
frankie997 is infamous around these parts
Check out Fab Speed. They are local
good luck with your new whip!
http://www.fabspeed.com/

Old 12-17-2011, 09:50 PM
LFC911Kop2 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by gkviper192
Hey guys new guy here.

Frist and most importantly, who can I go to, to get the best tune for my car? I will probably be adding full exhaust and intakes along with the tune when I do it. Who does the best tuning?

Thank you,
Greg
As has been said, your 2012 turbo S is already incredible with amazing speed and power. Have you put many miles on it yet? Are you trying to get a sub 2 second 0-60? :-). It would be great to see some pics of your car! Congrats on your new turbo s.

Old 12-17-2011, 11:23 PM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !
It's from my understanding that you are basically limited to exhaust, intake, and a tune in the PDK cars. This should yield right around 530-550 whp.

So you can make these cars prety quick, but nit outrageously fast or anything.

Old 12-18-2011, 12:41 AM
Boca is infamous around these partsBoca is infamous around these parts
Call Neil at Switzer

Old 12-18-2011, 07:05 PM
DJ23 is a jewel in the roughDJ23 is a jewel in the roughDJ23 is a jewel in the rough
Hey guys new guy here.

Thank you,
Greg
Drive her as is. Stock Turbo.2 has all the power you need. Change the exhaust. I think that's worth it, but nothing more. Enjoy.

Jay

Old 12-19-2011, 04:53 AM
S4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really nice
Check out : www.awetuning.com
They are local as well.

Old 12-19-2011, 06:17 PM
jwl747 is infamous around these parts
IPD Plenum and Fabspeed Kit on 2011 Turbo PDK

I have added the fabspeed Performance kit to my 2011 PDK Turbo, I included Headers and EVOMS ECU tune plus Billet Diverter valves, this seems to give a great deal more torque as well as earlier Turbo spin up to yield a far more tractable user friendly motor. This week I added the IPD Plenum and more free flowing IPD Y pipe, this further enhanced the Torque and again seemed to give gains in Turbo Spin up.
I am very happy with these mods and would recommend this setup to anyone as a fairly moderate tune with significant performance gains with limited expenditure.
Mike at IPD was very helpful.http://www.ipdplenums.com/index.php?...d=43&Itemid=60
I also wish to recommend Alex at Fabspeed, he was extreemly helpfull and I believe the products they offer are of high quality and offer tremendous gains in HP and Torque, the bang for your buck is hard to beat. http://www.fabspeed.com/997_TwinTurbo.html

Last edited by jwl747; 12-21-2011 at 12:00 AM.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:58 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Hey guys new guy here.

Thank you,
Greg
Hey Greg, welcome to 6speed. This place is filled with great members and plenty information which can help you make a good decision on performance, suspension, and much more for your car. We have some great options for your car to improve the power, sound, response and overall feel of the car. Since you are in the PA area, it would be great to meet with you and give you a full tour of the facility and go over the options available for your car. You can PM or email me with any questions you have or give me a call if you need anything.

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'm glad you are enjoying the upgrades.

I always recommend going with EVOMS for the tuning side of these cars. We have been using them for a few years now and they are producing the biggest and most reliable power gains for the Turbo cars.

Here is a video of our Supersport Exhaust and Air Intake on the car. We also have other sound options if you are looking for something else.

Last edited by Fabspeed Motorsport; 12-20-2011 at 09:00 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Couple of 2012 997.2 turbo s mod questions