997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

EP-1 + Dec28= Porsche Symphony + Big Smile

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 11:37 AM
skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !
By the use of the tools Stef provides,it is easy to unistall OEM exhaust and install europipe...without removing ICs...

Old 12-31-2011, 06:04 PM
avh128996tt is a name known to allavh128996tt is a name known to allavh128996tt is a name known to allavh128996tt is a name known to allavh128996tt is a name known to allavh128996tt is a name known to all
skandalis , the tools Stef provided will do the job . Also you will need 16mm socket , 8mm wrench,13 mm socket ,5mm allen , flat screw driver, flash light +Patience . You do not need to remove the ICs to do the the exhaust system . But you definitely need to remove the ICs if you are doing the spark plugs. I hope that helps

Old 12-31-2011, 08:23 PM
Trturbo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by avh128996tt
skandalis , the tools Stef provided will do the job . Also you will need 16mm socket , 8mm wrench,13 mm socket ,5mm allen , flat screw driver, flash light +Patience . You do not need to remove the ICs to do the the exhaust system . But you definitely need to remove the ICs if you are doing the spark plugs. I hope that helps
I have had my EP-1 for about 3 months and love it more every day. If you think it sounds great, wait until you feel the turbos kick in sooner as performance is raised to another level. A perfect fit for this car.

Old 01-01-2012, 03:01 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
There are two parts to the Europipe story and both are good. 1 is the install, 2 is the end result. Regarding 1, well i can only say from my own experience the install of this system is a complete utter walk in the park, in fact even novel to the point of being a very enjoyable and interesting exercise when you see how everything fits up so perfectly, and how the special tools make even those impossible to get to bolts do-able. You definitely don't need to remove the ic's. Removing the rear bar and support definitely makes the exercise easier though. I mean why punish yourself when it's so easy to take the bar and support off. Mind you I'm spoilt having a proper hoist so that does make the install a real kick back, relax and watch how it all unfolds affair. Doing any job like this on your back is not for everyone. Regarding 2. For the sake of non EP owners i won't rub it in as it's a well known fact by those in the know that you simply can't get a better system for this car. OP congrats and enjoy.

Old 01-01-2012, 04:04 PM
skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !
Stef,I have a question for you...i ve run my car with several exhaust systems for two years now...Occasionally i ve done 10-15 brake boosting starts from a standstill...with every setup,max boost raised was 0,8bar in brake boosting...and that includes decat setup...with the use of your EP2 exhaust, boost during brake boosting raised to 1,0bar...and let me achieve 2,89 for 0-100km time...How can you explain the difference?

Old 01-01-2012, 10:29 PM
otoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud of
The cat's are huge. I'm sure they tried many different diameters and lengths before picking what they did. They also use some of the best in the world, if not the best, HJS. They add a separate heat shield to keep engine compartment temps down along with other benefits. I think only other company that uses them (HJS) from my limited research is Fabspeed. The style that Fabspeed uses are 550.00+ per Cat retail. Kind of puts the cost of some of the quality systems in perspective when the Cats alone are a grand plus for two.

Very beautiful exhaust BTW.

Old 01-01-2012, 10:32 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by otoppero
The cat's are huge. I'm sure they tried many different diameters and lengths before picking what they did. They also use some of the best in the world, if not the best, HJS. They add a separate heat shield to keep engine compartment temps down along with other benefits. I think only other company that uses them (HJS) from my limited research is Fabspeed. The style that Fabspeed uses are 550.00+ per Cat retail. Kind of puts the cost of some of the quality systems in perspective when the Cats alone are a grand plus for two.

Very beautiful exhaust BTW.
Europipe uses Emitec cats, not HJS.

Old 01-02-2012, 07:07 AM
Former Vendor
stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by skandalis447
Stef,I have a question for you...i ve run my car with several exhaust systems for two years now...Occasionally i ve done 10-15 brake boosting starts from a standstill...with every setup,max boost raised was 0,8bar in brake boosting...and that includes decat setup...with the use of your EP2 exhaust, boost during brake boosting raised to 1,0bar...and let me achieve 2,89 for 0-100km time...How can you explain the difference?

I have no idea but I will ask my mother as she knows all about brake boosting...

Old 01-02-2012, 08:14 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by stef@europipe
I have no idea but I will ask my mother as she knows all about brake boosting...
lol!

Old 01-02-2012, 10:43 AM
Turbo Kyle is infamous around these parts
I have been poking around in the 997 arena. It looks like EuroPipe gets it done the right way. AWD hit the nail on the head, "Wall Art". Nice looking equipment, Sir!

Old 01-02-2012, 04:14 PM
avh128996tt is a name known to allavh128996tt is a name known to allavh128996tt is a name known to allavh128996tt is a name known to allavh128996tt is a name known to allavh128996tt is a name known to all
LOL

Old 01-03-2012, 12:36 AM
otoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud of
After reading to make sure I was not crazy I found this again from Emitec's website;

Emitec is the world leading manufacturer of metal catalyst substrates. We perfected the design of metallic catalytic converter supports by introducing proprietary brazing technologies, new foil winding patterns, and a number of other developments. Since 1986 a growing number of automakers in Europe and in the U.S. have been using our substrates for catalytic converters in mass-produced cars. Other applications of Emitec metal catalyst substrates include pollution control from diesel engines, motorcycles, and small utility engines.

I can't find a single "Emitec" brand cat. Just Emitec filled cats. I'm pretty sure they use a custom HJS/Emitec filled cat.

Also found this here on 6speed;

I do on mine...but I have nothing to compare it to - never heard the Tubi but have read lots of good things about it. The engineering on the Europipe is outstanding - big 76mm outlets and 100 cell HJS/Emitek cats. Fits perfectly, sounds and performs great, no CEL's. Only drawback is that because of the 76mm outlet you have to use a modified OEM oval tip that EP supplies. Check out their website - they're a board sponsor over on the right side banner. Email Stef and you'll get lots of info.

Old 01-03-2012, 01:16 PM
Former Vendor
stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Turbo Kyle
I have been poking around in the 997 arena. It looks like EuroPipe gets it done the right way. AWD hit the nail on the head, "Wall Art". Nice looking equipment, Sir!

Thank you Sir and welcome on 6speedonline!

Old 01-03-2012, 04:28 PM
Stef,seriously I believe that decreased backpressure of your system achieves 1bar at brake boosting...everything else had lower brake boosting pressure...

Old 01-03-2012, 08:24 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by otoppero
After reading to make sure I was not crazy I found this again from Emitec's website;

Emitec is the world leading manufacturer of metal catalyst substrates. We perfected the design of metallic catalytic converter supports by introducing proprietary brazing technologies, new foil winding patterns, and a number of other developments. Since 1986 a growing number of automakers in Europe and in the U.S. have been using our substrates for catalytic converters in mass-produced cars. Other applications of Emitec metal catalyst substrates include pollution control from diesel engines, motorcycles, and small utility engines.

I can't find a single "Emitec" brand cat. Just Emitec filled cats. I'm pretty sure they use a custom HJS/Emitec filled cat.

Also found this here on 6speed;

I do on mine...but I have nothing to compare it to - never heard the Tubi but have read lots of good things about it. The engineering on the Europipe is outstanding - big 76mm outlets and 100 cell HJS/Emitek cats. Fits perfectly, sounds and performs great, no CEL's. Only drawback is that because of the 76mm outlet you have to use a modified OEM oval tip that EP supplies. Check out their website - they're a board sponsor over on the right side banner. Email Stef and you'll get lots of info.
Email Stef - he'll tell you the cats are Emitec, not HJS.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: EP-1 + Dec28= Porsche Symphony + Big Smile