997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

EP-1 + Dec28= Porsche Symphony + Big Smile

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 03:05 AM
otoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud of
I figured from Emitec's website that they only make they foil filling of the cats. I guess I assumed incorrectly, and my apologies for posting incorrect info. If HJS is a cat company and Emitec is a cat company how can you have a HJS cat with Emitec? I keep reading that HJS uses Emitec cores is this also incorrect? Would they not be competing? Not trying to beat a dead horse, just trying to figure out what I see on each of their websites.

Thanks for pointing out my error, honestly. Even though I don't like being wrong I would like it more to understand why I was.

Old 01-04-2012, 04:35 AM
Tiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by skandalis447
Stef,seriously I believe that decreased backpressure of your system achieves 1bar at brake boosting...everything else had lower brake boosting pressure...
If your theory is correct then straight pipes (cats and muffler bypass) will provide the best brake boosting...

Old 01-04-2012, 05:06 AM
skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !
I ve tried catless and result was 0,8bar...

Old 01-04-2012, 06:00 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by otoppero
I figured from Emitec's website that they only make they foil filling of the cats. I guess I assumed incorrectly, and my apologies for posting incorrect info. If HJS is a cat company and Emitec is a cat company how can you have a HJS cat with Emitec? I keep reading that HJS uses Emitec cores is this also incorrect? Would they not be competing? Not trying to beat a dead horse, just trying to figure out what I see on each of their websites.

Thanks for pointing out my error, honestly. Even though I don't like being wrong I would like it more to understand why I was.
from the Europipe website:

"The stock 997.1 Turbo exhaust uses ø 118mm 600 cpsi catalytic convertors (cells per square inch)
Our 997.1 Turbo sport exhaust comes with less restrictive ø 153mm Emitec 100 cpsi sport cats."

Attached Images  
Old 01-04-2012, 07:03 AM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Everything I did on my car I have to say the Europipe was one of the best and most enjoyed, love the sound - backpressure popping and gurgling beats any aftermarket sound system I know of...

Old 01-04-2012, 01:07 PM
Former Vendor
stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tiago
If your theory is correct then straight pipes (cats and muffler bypass) will provide the best brake boosting...
Our stage 2 exhaust with 100 cell cats has 0.12 Bar maximum backpressure, and without cats 0.12 Bar as well.

Originally Posted by skandalis447
I ve tried catless and result was 0,8bar...
With lower backpressure your turbochargers will spin faster and generate higher boost, that is correct.
At what rpm do you typically launch?

Old 01-05-2012, 01:00 AM
skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !
Stef,it ia brake launch,so the car starts at around 2,5krpm...

Old 03-10-2012, 01:01 PM
Jake's Oy is infamous around these partsJake's Oy is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Jake's Oy
Is there a walk through? I am fairly mechanically inclined and was considering installing myself. I swore off doing exhausts a long time ago because usually the old one is rusted and you have to fight it or cut it. Then when you line it up you have to fight with clamps and hangers to keep it from rubbing on the car which is a huge pita

But the porsche exhaust is so short I was wondering if it would be an easy install

What kind of struggles did you have?
Well its been some months later and I tackled it myself. It wasn't as easy as I thought it was going to be, but I am glad I did it as learned a lot about my car

I'd like to thank Stef for all of the email correspondence that I have had with him. He was very helpful and always responded promptly and offered to call me several times, but I didn't want him to call long distance :P Excellent customer service ^_^b

Here is a vid I took after I got I got all the important parts back together and started it up for the first time.

Its not as loud as that now with the bumper skin and associated parts all buttoned up. The europipe 1 is very nice. While driving the car with the windows up and music on in a reserved manner I can hardly tell it has an aftermarket exhaust. But if I get on it aggressively it turns into a different animal. Very nice product

Originally Posted by TT.BRN
Getting the stock system off was the biggest struggle .. Next was tightening the top nuts ... I did not remove the intercoolers, would've had an easier time if I did ....
I had the same issues, but again it was a learning experience. If I had to do it again I'd cut the time in half and not scrape up my knuckles as much ^_^;

Old 03-10-2012, 02:53 PM
avh128996tt is a name known to allavh128996tt is a name known to allavh128996tt is a name known to allavh128996tt is a name known to allavh128996tt is a name known to allavh128996tt is a name known to all
Sorry guys I had many misfortunes last 3 months( two death -one in the family ,and the other my friend) and that is why i was not feeling good to write about the EP-1 after installation. The installation is very straight forward and easy (Stef provided pictures and necessary tools for removal and installation) . I decided to replace the spark plugs the same time ( what a pain in the **** ) of the exhaust replacement . I took the ICs out the driver side turbo out so i can replace the plugs . Well after replacing plugs and exhaust system , I started the car -it sounded exactly in the video above post by jake's oy- and let it idle for 10 minutes . After the idle I took her for a ride but unfortunatly my car will not go over 5k RPM in 1st and 2nd , also 3rd 4th 5th and 6th gears my car will not even go over 4k RPM. To make story short I kept popping ICs hoses no mater what i do , and then finally the check engine light came on with 3 trouble codes . Then death came to my friend , and after that i got sick for a week. Back to my car. I took the EP-1 out and installed my OEM exhaust system back in order figure out that EP-1 is not at fault , sure enough the same problems appeared . i reset the codes with durametric but no luck , I kept getting the ICs or the y pipe hoses popping out . So I started to look into the turbos , and sure enough the rod on the driver side turbo to the actuator was unattached . I secured it and reseted the code with durametric . Took her for a ride and the car ran smooth like a butter , I knew that i nailed the problem -no more check engine light). over a month passed and i still have to replace the OEM exhaust with the EP-1 . Well i got sick again . Finally I put the EP-1 the second time and halleluja it sounded like a symphony . A death in the family happened and I did not feel like writting anything. meanwhile Stef@Europipe emailed me several times and offered me a help and advise(thank u Stef . You are professional and gentelman) . On and On I have driven the 997tt about 30 miles in the last 2 months . Here is my take on the exhaust.
1.EP_1 exhaust sytem is more suited for Porsche cars than the OEM exhaust.
2.The sound is just like Stef described it to me before the purchase . No loud drone inside the car, but a great Porsche symphony of sound .
3.I know it has been said many time on our forum , however, I will say it once again ; nothing on the web does this exhaust justice . Nothing, period. And unless you hear this sytem in person, next to other exhaust brands, you will not get a true picture on how refined this EP system sounds. It is truly above anything I have heard ( for me personally this is what I was looking for .And I know that the exhaust notes is extremely personal taste for each person).
4. When cold the exhaust sound very low base rumble and quiet loud (my wife has not complained yet).
5.when warm it sounds a loud , and it gets louder and throatier when you step on the gas .
6.when at normal tempreature , it sounds like melody and symphonious.
7.Drive it normal , and it sounds very polite and clear sound.
8.Push the car hard WOT throttle , and the EP_1 sounds OMG. For me it is the best symphony on four wheels PERIOD.
9. I am 100% please and satisfied with the sound , service , help and above all with this product.
10.I believe the car now sounds like Porsche TT . Very pleasant to the ears . Truly this system suites the 977TT
NOTE:This is my honest opinon of the system .You might like somthing else ,and please to not judge me if you buy this system and you do not like it. But truly it is the best of the best.
Also I added BMC filter from Vividracing (DRL and rear Carbon fiber wing are comming soon )

Old 03-12-2012, 06:19 AM
Former Vendor
stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jake's Oy
Well its been some months later and I tackled it myself. It wasn't as easy as I thought it was going to be, but I am glad I did it as learned a lot about my car

I'd like to thank Stef for all of the email correspondence that I have had with him. He was very helpful and always responded promptly and offered to call me several times, but I didn't want him to call long distance :P Excellent customer service ^_^b

Here is a vid I took after I got I got all the important parts back together and started it up for the first time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZN05...layer_embedded

Its not as loud as that now with the bumper skin and associated parts all buttoned up. The europipe 1 is very nice. While driving the car with the windows up and music on in a reserved manner I can hardly tell it has an aftermarket exhaust. But if I get on it aggressively it turns into a different animal. Very nice product

I had the same issues, but again it was a learning experience. If I had to do it again I'd cut the time in half and not scrape up my knuckles as much ^_^;
Nice video Adam and welcome to the EP club.

Old 03-12-2012, 06:21 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by avh128996tt
Sorry guys I had many misfortunes last 3 months( two death -one in the family ,and the other my friend) and that is why i was not feeling good to write about the EP-1 after installation. The installation is very straight forward and easy (Stef provided pictures and necessary tools for removal and installation) . I decided to replace the spark plugs the same time ( what a pain in the **** ) of the exhaust replacement . I took the ICs out the driver side turbo out so i can replace the plugs . Well after replacing plugs and exhaust system , I started the car -it sounded exactly in the video above post by jake's oy- and let it idle for 10 minutes . After the idle I took her for a ride but unfortunatly my car will not go over 5k RPM in 1st and 2nd , also 3rd 4th 5th and 6th gears my car will not even go over 4k RPM. To make story short I kept popping ICs hoses no mater what i do , and then finally the check engine light came on with 3 trouble codes . Then death came to my friend , and after that i got sick for a week. Back to my car. I took the EP-1 out and installed my OEM exhaust system back in order figure out that EP-1 is not at fault , sure enough the same problems appeared . i reset the codes with durametric but no luck , I kept getting the ICs or the y pipe hoses popping out . So I started to look into the turbos , and sure enough the rod on the driver side turbo to the actuator was unattached . I secured it and reseted the code with durametric . Took her for a ride and the car ran smooth like a butter , I knew that i nailed the problem -no more check engine light). over a month passed and i still have to replace the OEM exhaust with the EP-1 . Well i got sick again . Finally I put the EP-1 the second time and halleluja it sounded like a symphony . A death in the family happened and I did not feel like writting anything. meanwhile Stef@Europipe emailed me several times and offered me a help and advise(thank u Stef . You are professional and gentelman) . On and On I have driven the 997tt about 30 miles in the last 2 months . Here is my take on the exhaust.
1.EP_1 exhaust sytem is more suited for Porsche cars than the OEM exhaust.
2.The sound is just like Stef described it to me before the purchase . No loud drone inside the car, but a great Porsche symphony of sound .
3.I know it has been said many time on our forum , however, I will say it once again ; nothing on the web does this exhaust justice . Nothing, period. And unless you hear this sytem in person, next to other exhaust brands, you will not get a true picture on how refined this EP system sounds. It is truly above anything I have heard ( for me personally this is what I was looking for .And I know that the exhaust notes is extremely personal taste for each person).
4. When cold the exhaust sound very low base rumble and quiet loud (my wife has not complained yet).
5.when warm it sounds a loud , and it gets louder and throatier when you step on the gas .
6.when at normal tempreature , it sounds like melody and symphonious.
7.Drive it normal , and it sounds very polite and clear sound.
8.Push the car hard WOT throttle , and the EP_1 sounds OMG. For me it is the best symphony on four wheels PERIOD.
9. I am 100% please and satisfied with the sound , service , help and above all with this product.
10.I believe the car now sounds like Porsche TT . Very pleasant to the ears . Truly this system suites the 977TT
NOTE:This is my honest opinon of the system .You might like somthing else ,and please to not judge me if you buy this system and you do not like it. But truly it is the best of the best.
Also I added BMC filter from Vividracing (DRL and rear Carbon fiber wing are comming soon )

Hi Armen, I wasn't aware that you had such a hard time. I'm sure the Turbo can be an antidote so it's nice to hear that the new exhaust meets your expectations.
Thanks for the write-up

Cheers from Belgium !

Old 03-12-2012, 05:42 PM
avh128996tt is a name known to allavh128996tt is a name known to allavh128996tt is a name known to allavh128996tt is a name known to allavh128996tt is a name known to allavh128996tt is a name known to all
You are very welcome Stef , and thank you for everything.