997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Looking for Europipe owners within 200 miels of Cincinnati,OH

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 10:56 AM
C2SNerves is infamous around these partsC2SNerves is infamous around these parts
I've had my europipe on my 997.2tt for almost a year now. I'm still excited About it and look forward to kick starting every morning. I love how grouchy it sounds while warming up.

Stef...hats down!

Old 01-28-2012, 02:01 PM
zippsub9 has much to be proud ofzippsub9 has much to be proud ofzippsub9 has much to be proud ofzippsub9 has much to be proud ofzippsub9 has much to be proud ofzippsub9 has much to be proud ofzippsub9 has much to be proud ofzippsub9 has much to be proud ofzippsub9 has much to be proud ofzippsub9 has much to be proud of
I am absolutely intrigued by this system. I am working to save up money for one now, but not 100% on stage 1 or 2. I have a 997 TT 07. I am going to be in Germany in February for a week. Any possibility of purchasing there and avoiding taxes or fees? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Old 01-28-2012, 02:04 PM
dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !
On the contrary buying local means forking up nice VAT. At 20% or so. Of course you can detax on the way out and get it back I guess.

Old 01-30-2012, 01:36 AM
Former Vendor
stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by zippsub9
I am absolutely intrigued by this system. I am working to save up money for one now, but not 100% on stage 1 or 2. I have a 997 TT 07. I am going to be in Germany in February for a week. Any possibility of purchasing there and avoiding taxes or fees? Thanks in advance for any advice.
We have to add 21% Belgian sales tax within the European Community and our government will throw most of the 21% in a bottomless hole.

If we ship to non-EU countries then there is no Belgian sales tax to be paid.
Most U.S. states charge 2.5% duty on imported car parts but you don't have to pay sales tax.

Feel free for a visit to our shop, we are 2 hours from the German border. You can test drive our 997.1 Turbo with the stage 1 / stage 2 exhaust.

Old 01-30-2012, 01:42 AM
Former Vendor
stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by C2SNerves
I've had my europipe on my 997.2tt for almost a year now. I'm still excited About it and look forward to kick starting every morning. I love how grouchy it sounds while warming up.

Stef...hats down!
Thank you Nerves, that's the spirit !

Old 01-30-2012, 10:14 AM
jmw911 is a name known to alljmw911 is a name known to alljmw911 is a name known to alljmw911 is a name known to alljmw911 is a name known to alljmw911 is a name known to all
Only a few more hours until I get to hear the exhaust.

Old 01-30-2012, 02:28 PM
TurninConcepts has a spectacular aura aboutTurninConcepts has a spectacular aura about
Exhaust is installed and I have to admit that I love the sound. Perfect for a daily driven car in that it is drone free when cruising, but pretty throaty under acceleration. Install was pretty easy as well taking just about 3 hours to complete.

Old 01-30-2012, 03:29 PM
GAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to behold
[QUOTE=stef@europipe;3441168]We have to add 21% Belgian sales tax within the European Community and our government will throw most of the 21% in a bottomless hole.

If we ship to non-EU countries then there is no Belgian sales tax to be paid.
Most U.S. states charge 2.5% duty on imported car parts but you don't have to pay sales tax.

Feel free for a visit to our shop, we are 2 hours from the German border. You can test drive our 997.1 Turbo with the stage 1 / stage 2 exhaust.

Stef,

Does your design eliminate the "hot spot" that Shark Werks has observed on the factory exhaust?

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-s-models.html

Our straight-through design improves upon the factory stock center muffler, which has no separation of exhaust gas pulses (as you can see from the hot spot in the middle of your factory unit if you examine it from outside).

Old 01-30-2012, 03:47 PM
superthinh is a jewel in the roughsuperthinh is a jewel in the roughsuperthinh is a jewel in the roughsuperthinh is a jewel in the rough
NICE. Can't wait to see/hear it in person.

Old 01-30-2012, 04:38 PM
jmw911 is a name known to alljmw911 is a name known to alljmw911 is a name known to alljmw911 is a name known to alljmw911 is a name known to alljmw911 is a name known to all
Initial imprerssions are very good. Drove it around for a few hours. Cabin noise is not loud at all and no drone. Seems to be the perfect exhaust for me. Thanks again to the guys at Turn In Concepts for a another good install job and great service. And thanks again to Stef at Europipe for great servive and a great product. I am enjoying my car much more already.

Old 01-30-2012, 04:43 PM
I did try to let my wife drive it so I could hear it from behind but she just took off and I couldn't catch her again until I got home. Guess I should have gave her better instructions. Will have to let a friend do it next time. She enjoyed it though and likes the exhaust as well. And that is saying something because she could care less about car noise.

Old 01-30-2012, 05:20 PM
Steverin06 is infamous around these partsSteverin06 is infamous around these partsSteverin06 is infamous around these partsSteverin06 is infamous around these partsSteverin06 is infamous around these partsSteverin06 is infamous around these parts
I am in the exact situation as you with an exhaust. I have a new to me daily driven 997tt and looking for an exhaust that is no louder than stock @70-75mph. When you say no drone, did you try it at highway speeds? How much louder is it than stock under accel?

Can anyone comment on the droning difference between stage 1 and 2 on the highway? I can take a little more noise if the stage 2 produces noticeable more power. Thanks.

Old 01-31-2012, 08:55 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by jmw911
Initial imprerssions are very good. Drove it around for a few hours. Cabin noise is not loud at all and no drone. Seems to be the perfect exhaust for me. Thanks again to the guys at Turn In Concepts for a another good install job and great service. And thanks again to Stef at Europipe for great servive and a great product. I am enjoying my car much more already.

My pleasure John, it will take a while until you're used to the new tones.

Remember, the more boost you'll make the louder the turbo whistle.

Old 01-31-2012, 09:00 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by GAM3OVR

Stef,

Does your design eliminate the "hot spot" that Shark Werks has observed on the factory exhaust?

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-s-models.html

The factory exhaust is actually very free flowing, it's the same design with the same size 65mm tubes as the the 997 GT2RS muffler. No need to eliminate a hot spot on these, that's just an area where the exhaust gasses make contact with the outer muffler shell. Both sides merge in the middle for a nicer tone, otherwise you'll get the 3 + 3 tractor sound at idle.

Old 01-31-2012, 09:54 AM
Started it up cold this morning. WOW! what a great sound.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Looking for Europipe owners within 200 miels of Cincinnati,OH