997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Sharkwerks Exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 09:45 PM
jetdriver21 is infamous around these parts
Will this application work for other 911 models?

Old 02-04-2012, 01:09 PM
OneBadGTR is a jewel in the roughOneBadGTR is a jewel in the roughOneBadGTR is a jewel in the roughOneBadGTR is a jewel in the rough
Placed the order yesterday. Thanks again Alex.

Old 02-04-2012, 04:32 PM
camdon has a brilliant futurecamdon has a brilliant futurecamdon has a brilliant futurecamdon has a brilliant futurecamdon has a brilliant futurecamdon has a brilliant futurecamdon has a brilliant futurecamdon has a brilliant futurecamdon has a brilliant futurecamdon has a brilliant futurecamdon has a brilliant future
Can't wait until my new car shows up. This exhaust is definitely going on along with other goodies from them.

Sharkwerks is the way to go!!!

We are going to break some more records soon

Old 02-04-2012, 04:35 PM
TT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud of
I'm installing the bad boy tomorrow with a friend. I'll take some pics

Old 02-06-2012, 08:59 AM
OneBadGTR is a jewel in the roughOneBadGTR is a jewel in the roughOneBadGTR is a jewel in the roughOneBadGTR is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by TT Chris
I'm installing the bad boy tomorrow with a friend. I'll take some pics
How'd the install go?

Old 02-06-2012, 05:57 PM
TT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud of
Vrooooooom

Originally Posted by OneBadGTR
How'd the install go?
Install with the help of my friend was a piece of cake. Except that the 12mm nuts holding the cat to the turbo were soooooo tight. Another issue is that the OEM tips come with a round "flange/ring" that goes over the exhaust tail pipe and sandwiches the tips to it. I could not get it back on because the sharkwerks tail pipe seems to be just a bit thicker? Thus we did not reinstall with the metal ring so the tips are a bit loose. I called Dan & James and they were extremely helpful. I will try to give it another go this week

Spent total of 6 hours. 3 hours on exhaust and 3 hours on the tips

Even without 200 cell cats this exhaust screams on the outside. It is quite mellow in the cabin with windows up which, is great.

Here's a quick vid I took on my blackberry last night with my buddy driving. Doesn't do this badboy much justice as my camera phone sucks. I'm also standing in the middle of nowhere and its 4 degrees Celsius.

I'll do a better review later.

Last edited by TT Chris; 02-06-2012 at 06:25 PM.
Old 02-08-2012, 04:08 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jetdriver21
Will this application work for other 911 models?
Sadly not no
Originally Posted by OneBadGTR
Placed the order yesterday. Thanks again Alex.
Danke!
Originally Posted by TT Chris
Install with the help of my friend was a piece of cake. Except that the 12mm nuts holding the cat to the turbo were soooooo tight. Another issue is that the OEM tips come with a round "flange/ring" that goes over the exhaust tail pipe and sandwiches the tips to it. I could not get it back on because the sharkwerks tail pipe seems to be just a bit thicker? Thus we did not reinstall with the metal ring so the tips are a bit loose. I called Dan & James and they were extremely helpful. I will try to give it another go this week

Spent total of 6 hours. 3 hours on exhaust and 3 hours on the tips

Even without 200 cell cats this exhaust screams on the outside. It is quite mellow in the cabin with windows up which, is great.

Here's a quick vid I took on my blackberry last night with my buddy driving. Doesn't do this badboy much justice as my camera phone sucks. I'm also standing in the middle of nowhere and its 4 degrees Celsius.

I'll do a better review later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ-Md...gRpv5pqcHDA7qZ
Sounds mean mate! Nice one... on the tips sorry it can be a lil' tricky to get them on. The reason we had that ring on there is because we've seen tips come off when fitting too loosely so we were worried about that Next time you take a peak give us a call and we'll give you an idea or two

Old 02-08-2012, 04:19 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Here's a sweet 2011 Turbo with the factory Aerokit that we did yesterday also with our exhaust:

In she comes with the big tail:

The aerokit lip is a bit more aggressive:

The interior is pretty trick with white stitching:

Off comes the bumper:

Factory exhaust:

On goes our exhaust:

No more vacuum sound:

Iron-man James putting things back together again:

Ready to go home:

Old 02-08-2012, 05:46 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Sounds good on the clips Alex. What about power? Does the butt dyno feel any positive change?

Old 02-08-2012, 10:23 PM
mozhacker is infamous around these parts
Just ordered mine over the phone! Driving up to sharkwerks in couple weeks to get installed there too.
(for my '12 997.2 TT, just past break in but stock sound was driving me crazy)

What sold me was:
a) really wanted to stay with factory cats, don't want loss of power but I'm happy stock power for now, just want the sound,

b) board sponsor and presence here (4th pcar since joining 6speed and imo can't go too wrong buying from the community)

c) am in socal but norcal not that far away and have office there anyways I visit time to time

Can't wait. Will post some clips once done.

Old 02-10-2012, 11:11 AM
Originally Posted by speed21
Sounds good on the clips Alex. What about power? Does the butt dyno feel any positive change?
Thanks mate! You can physically tell that the spool up is improved / lag reduced. Can you tell the additional 15hp or so? It's hard to notice that sort of change on cars with 480-500plus I suppose Here's a dyno from outside the US on 93 and a non S to give you a rough idea/estimate.
Originally Posted by mozhacker
Just ordered mine over the phone! Driving up to sharkwerks in couple weeks to get installed there too.
(for my '12 997.2 TT, just past break in but stock sound was driving me crazy)

What sold me was:
a) really wanted to stay with factory cats, don't want loss of power but I'm happy stock power for now, just want the sound,

b) board sponsor and presence here (4th pcar since joining 6speed and imo can't go too wrong buying from the community)

c) am in socal but norcal not that far away and have office there anyways I visit time to time

Can't wait. Will post some clips once done.
Aw thanks for the kind words and for coming up! Looking forward to meeting up We'll make sure to tell you the "fun" route home:P

Attached Images