997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Other drivers ??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 07:45 PM
MJA
MJA is just really niceMJA is just really niceMJA is just really niceMJA is just really niceMJA is just really nice
Other drivers ??

Is it just me or the area I live in " Seattle" but other drivers seem to always want to race or speed up. Now if it was worth it of course I would defend the Turbo but when its. Mini Vans, Work Trucks, Punk kids in ricers or just beater cars its very funny. The best one is when the guy is driving and his womam is looking and then he speeds up.

By no means do I think I am better than others because of what I drive and I am a humble person but its just a funny thing to me.

Now cars I have destroyed are New WRX, Newer M3, Newer AMG benz.

Does this happen to others is my question..

Old 01-21-2012, 08:55 PM
jmw911 is a name known to alljmw911 is a name known to alljmw911 is a name known to alljmw911 is a name known to alljmw911 is a name known to alljmw911 is a name known to all
Happens to me alot. And all of them have been cars that don't stand a chance. Depends on what is trying to get with me. Most of the time I just let them blow on by. Sometimes I have to get down, cause I'm like a greyhound dog chasing the rabbit at the track. Once I see something going fast I have to chase it. It is funny the type of cars that will want to race with me or either encourage me to go fast. I think they just want to see our cars in action.

Old 01-21-2012, 08:57 PM
cm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond repute
I had a civic si try to race me yesterday. I just acted like I didn't see him.

Old 01-21-2012, 09:02 PM
tmracer22 is infamous around these parts
I was one of those guys always trying to see what a porsche can do. Now I have one so I know!!!

Old 01-22-2012, 12:49 AM
AlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to all
I live in Seattle and this rarely happens to me. Probably because I'm already moving too fast

Old 01-22-2012, 06:29 AM
number 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to behold
Around here for some reason it's mostly PU trucks and they're always the first to fade in the rear view mirror.

Most serious challenges are AMGs and modded Mercs. I'm not the fastest driver and although never passed by one they do the best job keeping up.

Old 01-22-2012, 06:36 AM
996TTFred is infamous around these parts
My Turbo wasn't off the Reliable truck for 15 minutes when some guys in an old Mustang wanted to run. I didn't pay any attention to them two years ago and still don't. You are right though, its everything from beaters and beyond that want to see what the Turbo can do.

Old 01-22-2012, 06:59 AM
pretzel is infamous around these parts
I am up in the great white north and driving the TT Cab through the winter. The worst around here are the SUVs that blast past and then tuck in front and slow down! Still happens at -30.

Old 01-22-2012, 08:41 AM
TorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud ofTorqueChap has much to be proud of
Had a schmuck in a beat up Maxima try to race me when I was out in my TechArt Turbo yesterday. When I ignored him he got in front of me and brake checked me for a mile. Haters will hate lol

Old 01-22-2012, 08:56 AM
VailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond repute
+1 Haters will hate. I even got the finger from a PU when I did'nt speed up.

Old 01-22-2012, 08:57 AM
thackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to allthackl is a name known to all
There is also a lot of performance to be had for under $50k these days. I get kids around here with 5.0's, SS's and STI's who probably just want to see how their rides measure up to a $150k Porsche. Depending on location and conditions, I'll give them an occ run. As far as I know, I'm the only 997tt in this mid sized west TX city. I did have a CTS-V give me a surprise the other night. Wasn't expecting a race... he floored it about 15ft out of the stop light and wasn't able to catch and pass until 4th gear (think he had some bolt-ons). Very impressed by the caddy... wish they weren't so fuggly

Old 01-22-2012, 08:58 AM
llngoc is infamous around these parts
On my way back from LA after I picked up my car. I was "challenged" by numerous SUVs/mini-van and even an LS460. They would speed up and park at my rear and as I sped up, they would try to pass me on the right. Or if I change to the slow lane to let them pass, they'd change lane and park at my rear again. I recalled the Lexus especially well as he tried this on me a few times and I finally got sicked of it and stepped on the gas for a stretch and got rid of him in a rush.

The worst part is that I noticed that there are a lot of losers out there who literally would try to ram you off the road. There was a mini-van just a few weeks ago which tried to ram me off a merge-ramp even though I had enough room to merge; he just had to speed up and close the gap for me. And another day another pickup truck literally change lane into me from the right lane trying to pass me and I had to brake hard to avoid a collision and I was driving at constant speed at the limit. Not sure if it is the Porsche or the world is just full of jacka$$ but I seldom get this in my beater minivan.

Originally Posted by MJA
Is it just me or the area I live in " Seattle" but other drivers seem to always want to race or speed up. Now if it was worth it of course I would defend the Turbo but when its. Mini Vans, Work Trucks, Punk kids in ricers or just beater cars its very funny. The best one is when the guy is driving and his womam is looking and then he speeds up.

By no means do I think I am better than others because of what I drive and I am a humble person but its just a funny thing to me.

Now cars I have destroyed are New WRX, Newer M3, Newer AMG benz.

Does this happen to others is my question..

Old 01-22-2012, 10:08 AM
eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !
I just smile and wave as they speed away

Old 01-22-2012, 10:36 AM
GAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to behold
Easy math for me:

1. Engage with the lesser opponent and risk a ticket (hundreds of dollars), a wreck (thousands), or worse.

2. Let them keep rolling by as I smile and wave. It's free entertainment and they get to keep wondering exactly how it would feel to have their a** spanked by a beautiful Porsche 911

Old 01-22-2012, 01:22 PM
farfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond repute
TT Locks

Originally Posted by pretzel
I am up in the great white north and driving the TT Cab through the winter. The worst around here are the SUVs that blast past and then tuck in front and slow down! Still happens at -30.
Same thing happens in Montreal.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Other drivers ??