997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

How to activiate siri just by dialing a number (via bluetooth)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 10:56 AM
slee1812 is infamous around these parts
ok. Its working now. Thanks for all of your help.

Old 10-02-2014, 09:35 PM
Is it possible to use an easier phone number to trigger Siri (such as just #)? Does it have to start *# and end #*?

Old 10-03-2014, 07:02 AM
IvanRaide is a splendid one to beholdIvanRaide is a splendid one to beholdIvanRaide is a splendid one to beholdIvanRaide is a splendid one to beholdIvanRaide is a splendid one to beholdIvanRaide is a splendid one to beholdIvanRaide is a splendid one to behold
Changing the number, absolutely. You would change the SQL statement were it queries for the number to whatever number you want, BUT .... you have to pick a number the phone that will dial (and you probably want a number that will not actually connect to anywhere)

What do I mean by that ... try to dial just a # and (depending on your phone provider) you will get an error. This did not write a record to recent calls, and therefore you could not use this to dial SIRI. So you need enough of a number that the phone will dial it, and then it needs to terminate quickly.

Old 10-06-2014, 08:06 PM
Thanks. For now, I will leave as is.

Old 11-06-2014, 08:30 PM
I updated to ios 8 and am trying to reinstall. I believe that the plist file needs to be put in library/launchdaemons directory rather than system/library/launchdaemons. Note I am also using the activator send libactivator.system.virtual-assistant command in the sh file so I do not have terminal activator installed.

Everything seems to work fine, however, siri is not activated when I call the number. Any ideas?

Note: If the plist file is in system/library/launchdaemons directory, I receive the following error when I run the launchclt command:

The specified service path was not in the service cache

Last edited by slee1812; 11-07-2014 at 11:23 PM.
Old 12-02-2014, 07:01 PM
IvanRaide is a splendid one to beholdIvanRaide is a splendid one to beholdIvanRaide is a splendid one to beholdIvanRaide is a splendid one to beholdIvanRaide is a splendid one to beholdIvanRaide is a splendid one to beholdIvanRaide is a splendid one to behold
First off you are right, Apple moved the root level launchdaemons to /Library/LaunchDaemons, so that part is right. The problem is they decided to change everything else as well. Ironically I just fixed this today (hopefully) which is why I looked here to see if anyone noticed it.

You have to change a couple of things.

First your sql db needs to point to a different location, so your lines should look something like this...

n=`sqlite3 /private/var/mobile/Library/CallHistoryDB/CallHistory.storedata '.read /usr/bin/idlewhile/VoiceDialer/BluetoothQuery'`;

(note I changed the directory to VoiceDialier, but fix that accordingly).

So its a different db, and of course a different query. This is literally just hours old, so I hope I got all the epoch settings right, but your query commands should look like this...

Code:
select max(Z_PK) from ZCALLRECORD where ZADDRESS="*#611#*" and CAST(strftime('%s','now','localtime')-strftime('%s',ZDATE,'unixepoch', '+31 years','localtime') as integer) < 6;
where *#611#* is the numbers you want.

Note: I never got an email about this thread changing, so for anyone looking specifically for help, it might work better to PM me to trigger me to the fact that something changed.

Last edited by IvanRaide; 12-02-2014 at 07:10 PM.
Old 12-03-2014, 11:28 AM
First, you dont need to use terminal activator anymore (I'm not even sure if its supported on iOS8?) Make sure to read all of these pages since a bunch of troubling shooting tips, (and fixes) have been posted. That all said you should replace the terminal activitor lines with
activator send libactivator.system.virtual-assistant
This will allow activator to call SIRI directly.

Terminal Activator used to have the notify_post in the wrong spot, so that could be your problem, but I would suggest you run the script in a bash window before running it as the daemon and then you can see errors, write ECHO statements to see where you are in the code, etc,etc,etc general debugging *but the script is very simple so not too daunting*

Once the script is running solid then you can leave it triggered in the daemon

Old 12-08-2014, 08:07 PM
Siri Activator IOS 8

Thanks. I now have it working under IOS 8. I have attached the updated files for IOS 8 including updated installation instructions.

Attached Files
File Type: zip
siri activator ios8.zip (2.4 KB, 56 views)

Last edited by slee1812; 12-30-2014 at 05:39 PM.
Old 12-11-2014, 08:06 AM
If you're running iOS6 make sure to use the older files, these new changes are for iOS8 only. Read all the pages for debugging steps, but I would recommend removing Terminal Activiator and just going with the activator command directly...

Old 07-07-2015, 06:25 AM
ale.87 is infamous around these parts
hi everyone and thank you for this script.
i use it from ios 6 and it's saved my life sometimes

I have set up the ios 8 siri activator update but if i respring device or free the ram, script stop to work and the only way to make it work again is restart the device.
have you found the same problem?
solutions?
tks

Old 07-07-2015, 07:11 AM
I do not have that problem. On a respring they stay running, and even when using KillBackground it would not close daemons? What are you using to "free memory"

I have the launchdaemon plists set to this currently, notice the keep alive entry, etc. Another thing is to see if they are running or not, run from shell, (replace idlewhile with whatever you have) ps -ax | grep idlewhile

Attached Files

Last edited by IvanRaide; 07-08-2015 at 08:48 AM.
Old 07-08-2015, 12:13 PM
the plist file posted up is the same that you have load? because now i have the phone in recovery mode and no way to run normally, i have to restore!!

Old 07-08-2015, 12:23 PM
Well, it should not END in .txt of course but this site does not allow uploading a .plist. That said a .txt would not cause a locked-up boot. Also, you would have to make sure that the directory structure matched in the .plist, to your own directory structure, but other than that, yes, its the file right off my phone. You should first make sure its not something else by booting into safemofe (assuming you have substract safe installed), while booting hold and keep holding volume up. If that works, its not the daemons but something else.

In the future, (though of little help to you right now), you should run the daemons from shell and make sure they are ok before booting.
launchctl load /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.IdleWhile.VoiceCommandNumber.plist

Last edited by IvanRaide; 07-08-2015 at 12:30 PM.
Old 07-08-2015, 12:31 PM
was all correct and i have not update any cydia tweak.. if i remove the hight priority label will cause any problem?

Old 07-08-2015, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by ale.87
was all correct and i have not update any cydia tweak.. if i remove the hight priority label will cause any problem?
High priority off should be fine. You might want to see if ssh is running while the device is booting, so that you can go in and kill anything (if for example something was causing a continuous respring, you could never get into the device, but SSH (running as a system daemon) should still be running. Something to note, as you can see there are now (in iOS8.x) /System launchdaemons and /Library launchdaemons, (you should have this one in /Library) (although I'm not sure if /System would actually be a problem).
Did you run the launchctl prior to rebooting, was it working, although, even if there was an error it should not lock up anything.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How to activiate siri just by dialing a number (via bluetooth)