997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 turbo engine build for tip 3.8L or 4.3L?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 06:37 PM
Slick997 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 512bb
This might be a dumb idea, but can you not drive your car over the border into the US. Meet a transporter there who takes your car to the tuner and then on the way back you do the reverse?

I am sure this breaks dozens of rules (domestic and international), but just wondering.

This sounds like it will be one hell of a build!
Actualy its a good idea, but the car has been flaged buy customs after the R911 kit was installed and the transporter brought it back they kept it for a month arguing with us over what was installed now and what was installed before and duties on the work done previously and it didnt seem to end. The 20 year old customs kid was on the switzer web site lol. The car went down for a tranny build.!!

Old 01-26-2012, 09:32 PM
512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of
OMG that is funny Slick997. As they say, you can't legislate common sense.

Old 01-27-2012, 01:46 PM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
We may have something for you, getting it installed in your area is another thing...

Originally Posted by Slick997
Actualy its a good idea, but the car has been flaged buy customs after the R911 kit was installed and the transporter brought it back they kept it for a month arguing with us over what was installed now and what was installed before and duties on the work done previously and it didnt seem to end. The 20 year old customs kid was on the switzer web site lol. The car went down for a tranny build.!!
That was a paperwork nightmare... Of all the people they could have hassled it was the guy with the nice car, not the hoods smuggling dope...

Old 01-27-2012, 10:39 PM
Originally Posted by Neil Switzer
We may have something for you, getting it installed in your area is another thing...

That was a paperwork nightmare... Of all the people they could have hassled it was the guy with the nice car, not the hoods smuggling dope...
Are you guys going to do a 4.3? i know you guys are busy with your 17 gtr,s including mine any day now, but what about us porsche guys? Nothing new for us? . We need somethig for huge pump gas power, like your new GTR kit. Lets face it, we all want a gtr just to **** kick everyone, but thats one hell of an ugly car lol.

Old 01-28-2012, 10:55 AM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
Are you guys going to do a 4.3? i know you guys are busy with your 17 gtr,s including mine any day now, but what about us porsche guys? Nothing new for us? . We need somethig for huge pump gas power, like your new GTR kit. Lets face it, we all want a gtr just to **** kick everyone, but thats one hell of an ugly car lol.
Oouuuuuch! We have some things up our sleeves for the P-car folks, remember, we started working on Porsche Turbos long before the GTR was even on the shores of the US...

Old 01-28-2012, 11:14 AM
Oouuuuuch! We have some things up our sleeves for the P-car folks, remember, we started working on Porsche Turbos long before the GTR was even on the shores of the US...
, I would rather have you guys do the build, your fit and finish and fab work is amazing, it hurts to see some of the other stuff people put on there cars, exspecialy when i know what they could have got from you for cheaper!
Can we get a hint *** to what your working on? 4.0l, 4.1l, or 4.3l? We need pump gas power.

lets keep in mind of iv had a few builds from diffrent builders/tunners and i not trying to brown nose, im just calling a spade a spade.

buy the way, i dont even like Neil, lol

Old 01-28-2012, 11:52 AM
Al Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the rough
, I would rather have you guys do the build, your fit and finish and fab work is amazing, it hurts to see some of the other stuff people put on there cars, exspecialy when i know what they could have got from you for cheaper!
Can we get a hint *** to what your working on? 4.0l, 4.1l, or 4.3l? We need pump gas power.

lets keep in mind of iv had a few builds from diffrent builders/tunners and i not trying to brown nose, im just calling a spade a spade.

Slick997,

Try this: Buy a round-trip ticket between Montreal and Cleveland, drive your car to Switzer (Oberlin is 30 miles from the Cleveland Hopkins Airport), get a ride to the airport, fly home to Montreal, then fly back to Cleveland when your car is done, pick it up and drive it home to Montreal. Just make sure you are on the low-boost setting when driving it back to Montreal across the border through customs.

Old 01-28-2012, 12:38 PM
besiktas is infamous around these partsbesiktas is infamous around these parts
Both 4.1 and 4.3 are good ways to go. Forget 3.8. If you want a good pump gas car, you might want to have a low compression 4.3 car with methanol injection kit. 3.94 seconds 60-130, I actually ran it on pump gas with methanol injection. And I still have some upgrades in my mind that some I'm doing to my motor right now and will be doing the others in the near future, to improve the times to even better. At least that is what we are expecting.

Salih

Old 01-28-2012, 12:56 PM
ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !
salih , are you running GTX35 turbos or GT35s ??

btw congratz

Old 01-28-2012, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by besiktas
Both 4.1 and 4.3 are good ways to go. Forget 3.8. If you want a good pump gas car, you might want to have a low compression 4.3 car with methanol injection kit. 3.94 seconds 60-130, I actually ran it on pump gas with methanol injection. And I still have some upgrades in my mind that some I'm doing to my motor right now and will be doing the others in the near future, to improve the times to even better. At least that is what we are expecting.

Salih
Your the man ive been whating to speak to! Can you tell me what happend with your head gasket? And what other changes are you doing? Ive spoke to Todd quite a bit a bout your build *** thats the exact same set up he recomends for me, what kind of power where u making on what octane? and with methanol? I have realy good 94 octane pump gas here.

Old 01-28-2012, 01:09 PM
Originally Posted by besiktas

Salih
Did you like your X pipe from Todd? I saw you sell your gt3076 kit, i have the exact same kit for sale with the regualr protomotive exhaust, witch i thaught sounded good and was pretty loud under wot. The kit is complete and was slipping my tranny on ms109, It ran a 10.2@ 140 with the tranny slipping, it has 2k miles on it, anyone with a 6speed its perfect, i have the gt3071r and they spool real fast!! if u have a tip you will have to esmotors tranny upgrade. Car ran 10.8@ 135 on pump gas.

Old 01-28-2012, 01:12 PM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
Al, your car list and hp numbers are awesome.

Old 01-28-2012, 01:42 PM
Whats the weight savings on your 997 exhaust? or the weight of it? The one on the R911, Also is it 2.5"s?

Old 01-28-2012, 04:27 PM

Neil, you know im joking right? who was my budy that was there for me excepting my collect calls?? inside joke, literaly! lol

Old 01-28-2012, 04:41 PM
Former Vendor
Whats the weight savings on your 997 exhaust? or the weight of it? The one on the R911, Also is it 2.5"s?
You save 10-15lbs, but we didn't sacrifice quality or reliability for weight, we use thick stainless flanges and heavy duty piping.

Neil, you know im joking right? who was my budy that was there for me excepting my collect calls?? inside joke, literaly! lol
Yeah yeah, I remember those, man. It's great you can joke about it now but I am sure it was rough then!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 turbo engine build for tip 3.8L or 4.3L?