997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

price of next turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 11:28 AM
number 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to behold
price of next turbo

just for s**t* I configured a 991 S Cab and checked off every option possible and it came out at $159K! - not even a 4S!

Next turbo has to top off >$200K

They've done a remakable job finding new things to sell. How about a key color match to car, I think that's around $300!

Old 02-08-2012, 12:33 PM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
If they keep the price pretty close to high 130 I think that anyone building up a well optioned 991S should look at the triple t simply because of cost. You will take a big beating on 30k of options on an s if you go to sell someday. It will be interesting to see what comes standard on the tt. Word on the street was that the tts sold very well because of this same high option cost on the tt and the tts ended up being a good value plus very low production numbers to boot.

Old 02-08-2012, 12:53 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PT Doc
You will take a big beating on 30k of options on an s if you go to sell someday.
I share a bit of curiousity around this same point. Even with the S now, there will be some stripped cars and some fully optioned. Generally, you don't get much value for a car's options, but here the options could be 30% of the car's value! The real "value" 991 will be a stripped car. May well be worthwhile to get a 991S at $99k instead of $125k.

Old 02-08-2012, 01:09 PM
512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of
Personally I think Porsche is pricing itself above the "worth" value. Just my opinion, but heck as long as folks pay up, why not.

Old 02-08-2012, 01:28 PM
number 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to behold
"The real "value" 991 will be a stripped car. May well be worthwhile to get a 991S at $99k instead of $125k."

I don't know about that. I think that a well done heavly optioned car will sell faster than stripped down base model. Applies for both new and used.

I only mean to point out that there is a substancial price increase. Considering what you could buy a similar 997.1 for not that long ago, this is +75%.

Old 02-08-2012, 01:39 PM
xseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to all
The real value is a 3 year old, any version, just off lease with >15k miles.
EG, my 997.1tt was bought that way. After a short trip to TPC and some better wheels, I have a better looking, better sounding, 600hp (crank), much better handling turbo (stage iii suspension) for about the same as a stripped 991s with taxes.

To each his own, but that's an easy call for me.

Old 02-08-2012, 01:45 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by xseal
the real value is a 3 year old, any version, just off lease with >15k miles.

To each his own, but that's an easy call for me.
+ 1...

Last edited by Renaissance.Man; 02-08-2012 at 01:53 PM.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:50 PM
I didn't even know about a third tubro until last week. Now my life's not complete and how can I add a third turbo to my car? Will people know that I don't have a third turbo when they see the car? Why do I feel this way? Am I an idiot?

- Bummed in Boston.

Old 02-08-2012, 02:35 PM
Gotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to all
Well, people kept saying that Porsches are the best bang for your buck for a supercar, this is what you get my friends. And for those who said that Porsche has lost it's exclusivity by offering cars at such a wide price range from the $60k-....the new bar has been raised.

Personally, if I like the new 991 then I can justify the price, but I'm not a big fan.

Old 02-08-2012, 02:55 PM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by number 3
I didn't even know about a third tubro until last week. Now my life's not complete and how can I add a third turbo to my car? Will people know that I don't have a third turbo when they see the car? Why do I feel this way? Am I an idiot?

- Bummed in Boston.
Figure out hoe to get the third in there. It will jive with your name.

Old 02-08-2012, 03:54 PM
Of course, freckin brilliant! People will assue that I've got three simply because of my name.

Last edited by number 3; 02-08-2012 at 03:57 PM.
Old 02-08-2012, 04:02 PM
And another thing this iPad sucks

Old 02-08-2012, 05:35 PM
512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of
911's were famous because you could only see so little of their engines, but in the 991 you cannot see any of it. Basically it is a thin hatch that opens in front of the rear spoiler, and all you see are two fans and where to add washer fluid and oil!

Old 02-08-2012, 05:41 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future

- Bummed in Boston.

Old 02-08-2012, 06:27 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
[quote]

Next turbo has to top off >$200K

quote]
But still. Where else in the world other than US can you buy a car like this so damn cheap? You guys should be counting your blessings.

And another thing this iPad sucks
No kidding eh. No flash.....that's totally rediculous. Galaxy next time .

Last edited by speed21; 02-08-2012 at 06:30 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: price of next turbo