997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Advice on Buying a 911TTS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 07:43 AM
svoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond repute
Advice on Buying a 911TTS

Hey guys,

I need a little advice from some of you that are willing to help.

I love to buy and sell cars, I love the rush, and it is my weakness/addiction. To give you a little background, my current stable consists of this.

2012 Cayenne Turbo ( My wifes )
2011 Corvette ZR1
2009 Corvette Z06
2008 Audi R8, Manual V8
2010 Beetle Vert ( My wifes again )
2011 Duramax Denali ( work truck )
2007 Escalade ( wifes DD )
2012 Camaro SS ( turning into a track car )
1998 Ford Taurus SHO ( My first love )

I have been looking at new 911TTS, purely for what they can do, and just how fast it is. However, in order for me to make this happen I am going to have to trade in two cars. The two I have selected are the R8 and the Z06. I am ok trading the Z, as I still have the ZR1. However, I really like the R8. I love the way it looks and the attention it demands everywhere I go. I do miss the fact that it is only an 8 Cylinder, and it is not the fastest car out there... Being that I owe a small amount on it, I can trade both cars, and own the 911TTS ( with just a little cash ). I am getting a fair trade on both units, and like the price on the new one. In Ohio, there is a huge tax savings too. Which is like a 10000 dollar bonus.

However, I fear that the 911TTS is not going to pull the stares that the R8 does. Call me petty, but this means something to me.

Guys-Girls.... Let me have it.

I am looking at a White on Red, and a Black on Black.

Mike

Old 02-13-2012, 08:21 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
The TTS won't pull the stares, but it will spank the r8 severely.

Old 02-13-2012, 10:45 AM
Squat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to behold
To be brutal, buy that Bugatti Veyron body kit on ebay they have for the R8 and 911tts. you dont even have to sell the r8 Then you can get all kinds of looks.
People dont look at your r8 because they know what it is. They look at it because its a different looking car.
Looking for looks there are a good number of other cars to get to get attention.

Here is the link. Everyone will look at this one..... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kit-Car-Bugatti-Veyron-Replica-Bodykit-any-996-997-body-Porsche-NON-AWD-/160730118335?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories &vxp=mtr&hash=item256c42f8bf

Last edited by Squat; 02-13-2012 at 10:51 AM. Reason: linky
Old 02-13-2012, 10:54 AM
svoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond repute
I understand the post above... I really do. Maybe I showed too much interest in looks from others.

I have to enjoy the car too... I just like to be noticed. I'm still young, and I get a charge from it. But thank you.

Mike

Old 02-13-2012, 11:27 AM
Squat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to behold
Im not much older than you and feel zero need to highlight myself. However you might consider a custom street rod that only you can have if that is your concern instead of a car any of the minions can buy.

Old 02-13-2012, 02:17 PM
Bluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Squat
To be brutal, buy that Bugatti Veyron body kit on ebay they have for the R8 and 911tts. you dont even have to sell the r8 Then you can get all kinds of looks.
People dont look at your r8 because they know what it is. They look at it because its a different looking car.
Looking for looks there are a good number of other cars to get to get attention.

Here is the link. Everyone will look at this one..... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kit-Car-Bugatti-Veyron-Replica-Bodykit-any-996-997-body-Porsche-NON-AWD-/160730118335?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories &vxp=mtr&hash=item256c42f8bf
+1 ^^^this^^^

Old 02-13-2012, 02:31 PM
Bhud43 is infamous around these parts
I'm a TTS owner myself. The car I have is black on black (with yellow accents to match the calipers) One of the most important appearance aspects is the aerokit. With this addition, the TTS looks absolutely vicious. While R8's are wonderful cars, there is nothing quite like driving a TTS. Monstrous amounts of low end torque make the TTS such an easy car to drive. The majority of my driving is me in top gear using the torque to pass other cars. If speed is what you're after, nothing can touch a TTS to 60, and few cars can keep up 60-100. Looks are definitely not as flashy as an R8, but people will know you're driving a 911 Turbo, and when they see the "S" on the back, they know you aren't messing around. My advice, go for it. You certainly won't be let down, and who knows, it may end up being one of your favorite cars to drive.