997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

E85 with modded Vtg's? Results in! Amazing!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 09:13 PM
ViciousZ is infamous around these parts
E85 with modded Vtg's? Results in! Amazing!

A while back I posted this scenario with hopes of getting 600whp. Some on the forum doubted it.

I still have stock headers, intercoolers, y pipe and t/body. Look at the before and after dyno run. The before wasn't even stock. It was a proto tune and gutted cats.
I think by adding the headers, intercoolers and y pipe I can get 650 rwhp. The car is alot of fun to drive.

The modded Vtg's and e85 tune from proto has gotten me 200 hp more than I had before.
See dyno graphs Below:

This is after a new custom exhaust. Down low I pick up a little but where the stock exhaust was dropping off the new exhaust just keeps holding on.

Great job Electra, JBE Motorsports, Enzo racing and Proto for the tune!

Old 02-16-2012, 05:44 AM
edelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond repute
Glad your happy . I wont be till it goes in the 5s . Remember were myth busting lol. 1 change at a time .

Old 02-16-2012, 08:18 AM
venkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond repute
The turbos spool faster too on E85, enjoy.

Old 02-16-2012, 08:54 AM
mcjoe691 has much to be proud ofmcjoe691 has much to be proud ofmcjoe691 has much to be proud ofmcjoe691 has much to be proud ofmcjoe691 has much to be proud ofmcjoe691 has much to be proud ofmcjoe691 has much to be proud ofmcjoe691 has much to be proud ofmcjoe691 has much to be proud ofmcjoe691 has much to be proud of
That is awesome!! I saw Ed's car and holy **** that's a rocket!! With the E85. Congrats !

Old 02-16-2012, 09:12 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
I would think that modded VTG's on E85 would be putting down well over 700 whp. Something is artificially limiting your power still. Still on the stock throttle body and plenum?

Old 02-16-2012, 09:17 AM
edelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by eclou
I would think that modded VTG's on E85 would be putting down well over 700 whp. Something is artificially limiting your power still. Still on the stock throttle body and plenum?
This is a mainline dyno . This car runs 6.1.... 60 to 130 . Dynos are just a tool

Old 02-16-2012, 10:50 AM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
Welcome to the E85 club do you know what size the Proto modded vtg's are.

Last edited by twturbo; 02-16-2012 at 10:56 AM.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:41 AM
PacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud of
Amazing! Time to reconsider modding our vgt's.

Old 02-16-2012, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by eclou
Look at the dyno as a tool and not a rule! Every dyno will yield different numbers. You dyno before mods, then after mods on the same dyno!

Look at the difference on the top dyno graph between the stock turbos with a tune and gutted cats.

With just the addition of the modded turbos and the e85 i picked up between 170-200hp. For little money!
Now that's bang for the buck. How much are those 700 kits?????

Remember....I have stock intercoolers, stock Y pipe, stock headers,and stock throttle body.

Most will spend alot more and get alot less. I could keep the car the way it is and walk most modded 997's and 996's all day long.

I want to see how much more intercoolers will get me. They may not give much because the e85 cools. But maybe the stock intercoolers are restrictive at these power levels.

Stay tuned for updates from the Edelectra & viciousz test and tune sessions!
The goal is 5's 60-130!

Old 02-16-2012, 12:49 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by edelectra
This is a mainline dyno . This car runs 6.1.... 60 to 130 . Dynos are just a tool
Those are some nice results! 6.1 sec 60-130 is faster then a lot of "850 kitted" GT30 based cars. Well done.

Old 02-16-2012, 02:01 PM
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
Those are some nice results! 6.1 sec 60-130 is faster then a lot of "850 kitted" GT30 based cars. Well done.
. Thanks Tom . We have spent a lot of time on this car . We're trying to go in the 5s . Before we run out of fuel pump lol

Old 02-16-2012, 02:06 PM
PacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud of
Are the injectors stock as well with the E85 tune?

Old 02-16-2012, 02:15 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by edelectra
. Thanks Tom . We have spent a lot of time on this car . We're trying to go in the 5s . Before we run out of fuel pump lol
That should be no problem at all. We've gotten a VTG-based car to 5.5 sec with stock fueling. That was at about 650 at the wheels with our larger 68mm VTG's. Heck, we've got 850 whp cars with stock fueling....so you've got some room to play. Unless E85 is running the fuel pumps out a lot sooner. I don't have much experience with tuning E85...

Old 02-16-2012, 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by PacMan Z
Are the injectors stock as well with the E85 tune?
No. 80 lb.

Old 02-16-2012, 03:50 PM
[QUOTE=Tom@Champion;3458164]That should be no problem at all. We've gotten a VTG-based car to 5.5 sec with stock fueling. That was at about 650 at the wheels with our larger 68mm VTG's. Heck, we've got 850 whp cars with stock fueling....so you've got some room to play. Unless E85 is running the fuel pumps out a lot sooner. I don't have much experience with tuning Yes it takes a lot more . Tom ! I have tryed alot of turbos on p cars . But not yours .May b we should try a set aof 68 s on e85 with Todd on the key board """ lmao

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: E85 with modded Vtg's? Results in! Amazing!