997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Durametric rental idea

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 03:32 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Squat
Because Softronic is SO desperate for a couple bucks they want you to have to buy 2 cables. This is the reason for my deciding to rent or give my cable out.

Softronic and durametric are trying to squeeze an extra 100$ out of people so this is how they do it.
Why dont I care about Durametric? Because they coded or allowed Scott to code their cable so you can't use the one you already have. I mean that might save you a couple bucks and that is their kids college money.

Thats why I would steer clear of Softronic. Read the threads about him and you will start to see why so many people dove out of the woodwork when he starting screaming about his warranty "coverage"
If someone is so sneaky they will tell you "mess with your ECU after a failure so the Dealer doesnt know" and THATS my warranty? That tells you all you need about them. Then they work with other companies to force you into buying more than you need? If I have a durametric tell me why I need to get another one just because Softronic wants me too? Is he that scared of losing 20$? OR his BS marketing plan to say you are getting a 300$ bonus when he prices it in and it only costs him 100-120$????

When it comes time for a tune, Softronics will not be on my list.
I'm not sure what bought all this on?

The different levels of cables have a different price tag which sounds like normal business to me. I have no problem with anyone loaning their own cable out as a service to the next guy but i honestly can't see it affecting the mindset of the majority of folks that will buy the cable just for their own convenience of having it when they want it.

On warranty and the likes that's a different issue. Vendors will say what vendors say. Sometimes it goes down well with the market, sometimes it doesn't. We all ultimately have a choice who we deal with anyway...

Old 02-21-2012, 04:34 PM
sbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond repute
I wish there was a way of tracking members with durametric who doesn't mind sharing with others to use. I think VW/Audi folks have some thread or database that tracks members throghout U.S who's willing to help others. It would be nice to start a similar list for Durametric.

Old 02-21-2012, 09:55 PM
pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !
That's bizarre. I have Softronic Durametric cable and have no problems with it at all.

Dude you own a Porsche. ~$100, or however much it costs to get a cable replacement and support the local tuners is well worth it. What's a crime are these larger service centers that charge a few 100 buckaroos to cancel out a CEL.
I'm with bbywu on this one!

Of course at the same time, if you're local to me I don't mind helping out a community member either ...but taking part in a "cable-timeshare program" seems a little silly to me. Take a weekend off from driving it and the gas savings alone will compensate you for the purchase of one

Old 02-21-2012, 10:57 PM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sbkim
I wish there was a way of tracking members with durametric who doesn't mind sharing with others to use. I think VW/Audi folks have some thread or database that tracks members throghout U.S who's willing to help others. It would be nice to start a similar list for Durametric.
Here is the VW/Audi version of a tracker/locator:
http://vagtoolfinder.com/locator.aspx

Old 02-22-2012, 08:21 AM
sbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond reputesbkim has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sparkhill
Here is the VW/Audi version of a tracker/locator:
http://vagtoolfinder.com/locator.aspx
Yep - that's the one!

Old 02-23-2012, 07:55 AM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
Also I understand Softtronics forces you to buy a second cable if you buy their software. So if you are local to me( im gone this weekend) I will waive any fee if you don't use his programing.
I dont like companies that are too incompetent to build business model to increase profit so they try to force people to pay a premium just because they have a nicer car. The profit is minimal but it shows marketing incompetence.

Using that logic the stealer should charge 500$ an hour.

Hello All,

I would like to say that Softronic doesn't charge anyone extra for a cable, It is included with the flash.... The Durametric function is for one VIN and included with the flash at NO additional cost. This cable is also not a Pro as the op described. When you purchase a flash from Softronic that is what you are buying. Softronic then sends you a cable and software to do such. The Durametric is just an added in feature that we like to offer and used for DFI cars. I guess if you have a cable then that is fine yet it is not Softronics and it wont flash a car.....

The OP basically wanted us to discount our software.
Best Regards,
Scott

Last edited by Softronic; 02-23-2012 at 08:43 AM. Reason: text looked at rep and not posts
Old 02-23-2012, 08:06 AM
lilindienplaya is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Softronic
Hello All,

I would like to say that Softronic doesn't charge anyone extra for a cable, It is included with the flash.... The Durametric function is for one VIN and included with the flash at NO additional cost. This cable is also not a Pro as the op described. When you purchase a flash from Softronic that is what you are buying. Softronic then sends you a cable and software to do such. The Durametric is just an added in feature that we like to offer and used for DFI cars. I guess if you have a cable then that is fine yet it is not Softronics and it wont flash a car.....

The OP basically wanted us to discount our software. The OP also started posting on this site with this false information

Best Regards,
Scott
Has Dan from Vivid got ahold of you yet? I am the one that is getting the invalid cable error in durametric 6 and no one can give me a solid answer, I doubt the cable is bad due to the fact that the read out and tune worked fine. If you have any insight other then having me ship out the cable again I would appreciate it.
Also I didnt get the cable for free, I was charged $100 on top for it.

Old 02-23-2012, 08:17 AM
Squat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to behold
Scott you better be able to produce my request for a discount. You forget when a guy can drop 100k on a car you better be careful. BUT you like to twist things just like yrou warranty. I never asked for a discount, I think you are incompetent and thats what I told Dan, who decided to call you because he lost a sale.
I said it sucks I couldnt use my own cable. I said I think its crappy business to pay 130$ for a cable and try to pass it off as you are doing a favor.... Just like if I blow my motor with you flash that I am covered.

No wonder you get crushed on the forums. So before you start putting words I didnt say in my mouth you BETTER have the back up.
Ok boy, because you have No grounds to call me out saying I wanted a discount on your crap.
Also I Think this says what you need to know about VIVID RACING. If they get their feelings hurt then run to the guy that misrepresents his products. Believe me you better put that somewhere were a REASONABLE person would know that he has to change his car to stock before they take it to the dealer. Which is committing fraud if the owner knowingly modifies his ECU to the stock version.

So you better change your post ASAP. Got it Because you are calling me on false info?

Last edited by Squat; 02-23-2012 at 08:25 AM. Reason: last line
Old 02-23-2012, 08:27 AM
Squat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by sbkim
I will unless you use softronic. Shoot me a 675$ paypal. I'll hold it then you pay shipping and donate if you want and I will return it.

Plus you can use your "free" Cable with softronic.

Originally Posted by lilindienplaya
Has Dan from Vivid got ahold of you yet? I am the one that is getting the invalid cable error in durametric 6 and no one can give me a solid answer, I doubt the cable is bad due to the fact that the read out and tune worked fine. If you have any insight other then having me ship out the cable again I would appreciate it.
Also I didnt get the cable for free, I was charged $100 on top for it.
How were you charged? It was free? the manipulation of the english language is amusing.

Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
Scott you better be able to produce my request for a discount. You forget when a guy can drop 100k on a car you better be careful. BUT you like to twist things just like yrou warranty. I never asked for a discount, I think you are incompetent and thats what I told Dan, who decided to call you because he lost a sale.
I said it sucks I couldnt use my own cable. I said I think its crappy business to pay 130$ for a cable and try to pass it off as you are doing a favor.... Just like if I blow my motor with you flash that I am covered.

No wonder you get crushed on the forums. So before you start putting words I didnt say in my mouth you BETTER have the back up.
Ok boy, because you have No grounds to call me out saying I wanted a discount on your crap.
Also I Think this says what you need to know about VIVID RACING. If they get their feelings hurt then run to the guy that misrepresents his products. Believe me you better put that somewhere were a REASONABLE person would know that he has to change his car to stock before they take it to the dealer. Which is committing fraud if the owner knowingly modifies his ECU to the stock version.

So you better change your post ASAP. Got it Because you are calling me on false info? You really need to be careful with legal terms there little boy. It can get you in a WORLD of hurt.

Yes you did in fact call Softronic and spoke to April not myself,we do not charge for a cable as you stated. I do not know what you spoke with or even that you did to Dan at Vivid yet they are a separate company that sell Softronic . You actually wanted to use your Pro cable and expressed that our software included a cable that you already had at a value.

Best Regards,
Scott Slauson

Last edited by Softronic; 02-23-2012 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Text
Old 02-23-2012, 08:30 AM
No I didnt. Nice try. You got your info from Dan. I NEVER spoke to you. Im sure you will use this to back out of it.

Sorry buddy but I can produce phone records. Can you? Please keep digging yourself deeper. I will say that this could be a world of legal hurt and this is currently being reviewed

Old 02-23-2012, 08:34 AM
Basic Sponsor
How were you charged? It was free? the manipulation of the english language is amusing.
Vivid is not Softronic so lets not get the two confused. Vivid may or may not charge for a cable.

Best,
Scott

Old 02-23-2012, 08:39 AM
Originally Posted by Softronic
Vivid is not Softronic so lets not get the two confused. Vivid may or may not charge for a cable.

Best,
Scott
It is when you are getting PM's from your buddy Dan over there. Honestly that is a concern of the forum if your "shop dealers" are sharing private information with the "owner".

You should just accept the fact that you dont know what you are talking about. Because ALL i told dan was I Think its a lousy business model. He told me the price that you pay for the cable was 130$.
So you made a deal with durametric then locked the cable so people can't use the one they bought from durametric for your stuff. So you are actually taking money from durametrics pockets as well because who is going to pay 287 when they can get it for "free"

Too think I was actually interested in your program after i read that thread where everyone threw you under the bus.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:08 AM
Basic Sponsor
It is when you are getting PM's from your buddy Dan over there. Honestly that is a concern of the forum if your "shop dealers" are sharing private information with the "owner".

You should just accept the fact that you dont know what you are talking about. Because ALL i told dan was I Think its a lousy business model. He told me the price that you pay for the cable was 130$.
So you made a deal with durametric then locked the cable so people can't use the one they bought from durametric for your stuff. So you are actually taking money from durametrics pockets as well because who is going to pay 287 when they can get it for "free"

Too think I was actually interested in your program after i read that thread where everyone threw you under the bus.

There is nothing locked with Durametric short of it will not flash a car with Softronic, Simple. Perhaps you did talk to Dan yet I do not know of this or that you did. April at Softronic was called and asked all this info we are discussing.

Durametric and Softronic have been working together for years making software. The 287 is for an enthusiast and not a basic in which comes with the Softronic flash.... We chose to offer the software as a added feature yet originally we only offered cable that just flashed.

So once again this whole thread is you wanted to use your Pro cable to flash a car with our software. Now granted the cable that we would have shipped had the basic Durametric in which you could have used or not. The Softronic sale once again is in the flash not the Durametric software that you could have used or not.

While you state you had been interested in our product I find doubtful given the posts.

Best Regards,
Scott

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Durametric rental idea