997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Europipe exhaust question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 02:27 PM
Dr. Z is infamous around these parts
Europipe exhaust question

I am going to add an aftermarket exhaust soon to my 2012 997.2 Turbo. I like the Europipe sound. I have a question about installation. My current exhaust does open up when the sport button is engaged. Will the Europipe also work the same way? Are there any special installation considerations or instruction? I have listened to several online videos.....Is this system much louder than stock?Thanks

Old 02-18-2012, 03:41 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr. Z
I am going to add an aftermarket exhaust soon to my 2012 997.2 Turbo. I like the Europipe sound. I have a question about installation. My current exhaust does open up when the sport button is engaged. Will the Europipe also work the same way? Are there any special installation considerations or instruction? I have listened to several online videos.....Is this system much louder than stock?Thanks
Nothing in the exhaust changes other than what the engine pushes out through the turbos. Search and you'll some good pictures of the install and Stef will provide the details. Did you read the info on the EP website?

Old 02-18-2012, 07:01 PM
Europipe exhaust

I will look at the website. Thanks

Old 02-19-2012, 07:28 AM
airmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to allairmitch is a name known to all
The increase in volume when in Sport mode is a function of the engine, not the exhaust, so nothing changes in the exhaust.

I installed my EP last year. The instructions and special tools which EP supplies are all you need in addition to standard metric wrenches and sockets. I recommend having a helper when you R&R the rear bumper, if you' ve never done it before. Not heavy, but awkward. The hardest part was unclipping and snaking through the wiring for the O2 sensors. If you have some miles on your car, the nuts/studs at the turbos may be corroded and should be soaked with penetrating oil to prevent them from galling or breaking off. Steff supplies new studs, nuts and gaskets in his kit.

The system isn't much louder than stock at idle and mild acceleration, just deeper and throatier sound. It is much louder at wider throttle opening, but not obnoxious. No droning at highway speeds. Faster throttle response and turbo spool up..

The product quality and support from Stef are second to none.

I posted pictures of my install on the site last year. If you need more, PM me and I can email you pictures.

Good luck!

Old 02-19-2012, 09:46 AM
Former Vendor
stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !
Hello Dr. Z,

Airmitch is spot on, but you're free to contact me for other info.

Cheers,

Old 02-19-2012, 11:21 AM
SKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to all
A big plus ONE for AIRMITCH.
I ordered and had my dealer install Stef's Europipe in December.
First they said the quality was the best they had ever seen. It fit perfectly.
Second. it took the dealer four hours to install and cost me $700. The first quote was the flat rate charge of $1,200 and I told them to "Re do the pricing" we agreed on the $700.
Third. No warranty problem at all.
Fourth. the sound is just as mentioned in the other posts. For me it is Perfect. no drone etc...

One of the dealer's other customers wanted a new exhaust for his turbo, and he purchased three different after market brands, had each installed, drove them, removed them. and once the Europipe was installed it stayed on the car. It is the best.

Old 02-19-2012, 03:48 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SKYKING
Second. it took the dealer four hours to install and cost me $700. The first quote was the flat rate charge of $1,200 and I told them to "Re do the pricing" we agreed on the $700.
Fourth. the sound is just as mentioned in the other posts. For me it is Perfect. no drone etc...

One of the dealer's other customers wanted a new exhaust for his turbo, and he purchased three different after market brands, had each installed, drove them, removed them. and once the Europipe was installed it stayed on the car. It is the best.
I thought $135/hour was high...you pay $175/hour? BTW, 3 to 4 hours is about right for install.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:50 PM
Europipe

Thanks for all the input
Europipe seems to get rave reviews from everyone

Old 02-22-2012, 10:25 PM
johnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nice
Originally Posted by SKYKING

Wonder what the names of these other removed-brands are?? All sound clips sound very similar to me. My Atlanta-service writer said the Europipe was the only one he has heard on 997 turbos that sounded good and he's heard a bunch but no names given. I find the Europipe sound excellent too, except for the cold start loudish-cackle which double starting avoids.

Old 02-23-2012, 12:55 AM
skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !
Second start will override cold start procedure and eliminate these sounds...You cant go wrong with Stef and Europipe...His products are Better quality than OE and they last in time...they dont fail after one or two years...I ve changed 4 different exhausts (all of them with good sound and performance)but stayed with the exceptional build quality of europipe...