997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Service Now - What does it mean?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 04:26 PM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
Service Now - What does it mean?

I posted this in the GT3 section, but there seems to be little traffic there so this is a repost...

2007 GT3 - there are no codes in Durametric, but when starting the car, there is a message appearing that says "Service Now". It goes away within a few seconds but it's there every time I start the car. What does it mean and how can it be cleared?

Old 02-19-2012, 04:40 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Slider
I posted this in the GT3 section, but there seems to be little traffic there so this is a repost...

2007 GT3 - there are no codes in Durametric, but when starting the car, there is a message appearing that says "Service Now". It goes away within a few seconds but it's there every time I start the car. What does it mean and how can it be cleared?
It's in your owner's manual -

Service now Service indicator
Have your vehicle serviced at an authorized
Porsche dealer

Dealer can clear it or IIRC the Durametric tool can clear it too.

Old 02-19-2012, 10:24 PM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
All the service manual says is: "take it to the dealer". That is UNSAT. Someone responded in another thread said that it is a service reminder because of a set time limit or distance reached.

I was able to reset the service interval using the Durametric. (It's under the instrument panel commands.)

I was hoping I was missing something about the nature of the service required - I thought there might be a menu item to display what particular item had reached its interval. Apparently the system is not that sophisticated - bummer!

Old 02-20-2012, 05:59 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Slider
All the service manual says is: "take it to the dealer". That is UNSAT. Someone responded in another thread said that it is a service reminder because of a set time limit or distance reached.

I was able to reset the service interval using the Durametric. (It's under the instrument panel commands.)

I was hoping I was missing something about the nature of the service required - I thought there might be a menu item to display what particular item had reached its interval. Apparently the system is not that sophisticated - bummer!
It actaully says "have your vehicle serviced...". I believe it is triggered by mileage - you didn't tell us how many miles you have but maybe check the schedule in the maintenance book and you might be able to figure out which service it is reminding you about - maybe the 20,000 service?

Old 02-20-2012, 06:02 AM
skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !
I ve seen it in several 997 as they cross 50000km...so it should be based on km...Just reset it...

Old 02-20-2012, 09:44 AM
I'm thinking it was based on time rather than mileage because there is less than 10,000 km on the car. Not much point in having a reminder if it's not going to tell you what it's for. I have reset it and I guess we'll see when it comes back again.

Old 02-20-2012, 02:16 PM
BaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant future
Funny thing is In 3 years I never seen this message. I read this thread and now I got it too... Its like the movie "the ring"