997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Here's my new toy

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 11:02 AM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
Here's my new toy

After posting a few months ago that I sold my 997TT, many were trying to guess what I was going to get next. There were some pretty intersting guesses to say the least! Some more exotic than others.

I think I mentioned that I was staying in the 911 family.

What I purchased was an '04 996 track car with X-51 engine from Geoff Escalette of RSS Tuning/Stuttgart Perf. fame. The car has 1,800 miles on it (yes, you read that right). It was taken from the showroom floor and turned into a track car. It was built to run in the "koni" series. Full cage, JRZ 3 way, fire system, AIM dash, harnesses etc.

When Geoff and I agreed on the price he mentioned that he would add a "few" nice pieces at no extra cost to sweeten the deal. I figured he'd throw in some tow hooks, pedals or something like that.

As they were prepping the car for transport I received an email from Geoff stating that they added the following:

Lower control arms front and rear with RSS control arms
Rear toe arms with RSS rear toe steer kit
Rear upper links
Front track rods and bump steer kit
Brakes front and rear with new Giro Disc rotors
Pagid RS 14 pads
crankshaft pulley with RSS underdrive pulley
shock reservoir clamps
tow hooks
new Schroth safety harnesses
fuel tank vent hose
battery
pollen filter

Needless to say i was thrilled. In the weeks that followed I was in constant contact with Mike Schalke who was responsible for getting the car ready. Both Mike and Geoff were an absolute pleasure to deal with and they couldn't have taken any more care of me.

I also want to thank Doug Tabbutt from Switchcars.com. I purchased my new Trailex open trailer from him and he was incredibly helpful with any question I had. He also arranged transport from RSS to my tech in CT as well as transport of the trailer. I don't know how he did it but the prices I received for shipping were amazing. He seems to know everybody.

As usual my tech, Kip Harris, was also huge. He even accompanied me down to VIR last week for the car's maiden voyage. He treated me and my car like I was Lewis Hamilton. His final tweaks of the car have made this a great car for me to learn and grow into.

I'm working with pro driver Aaron Povoldeo and he was absolutely thrilled with the car. He thought it was as fun and safe as any race car he's ever driven. Safe enough for me where I won't get myself into trouble, yet fun enough for someone as good as he is to really push it.

Here are some pics of the car when it was delivered to Kip in CT a few weeks ago. We've since added black O-Z wheels and have done some additional work to the interior. A few things still need to be done but it's pretty amazing right now.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Old 03-07-2012, 11:14 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Very nice, congrats!

Old 03-07-2012, 11:22 AM
Cevin is infamous around these parts
You're in for a lot of fun!

Old 03-07-2012, 11:24 AM
Steamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond repute
Outstanding! Are you going to race it? Have fun,

Old 03-07-2012, 11:39 AM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
helluva race car you got there, should definitely be a blast at VIR! Enjoy!

Old 03-07-2012, 12:08 PM
Doc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond repute
Damn, that is sweet and all the add ons are a big plus!!!

Just an observation, you still need pedals!!!! LOL.

Enjoy!

Old 03-07-2012, 12:23 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Congrats, Chris! Let's get some video of you and that baby in action!

Old 03-07-2012, 12:42 PM
FCassidy is infamous around these parts
Sweet Ride Hun!! Congratulations very exciting
Be safe

Old 03-07-2012, 01:20 PM
edelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond reputeedelectra has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats .nice ride

Old 03-07-2012, 02:59 PM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
Handling should be like nothing most of us have seen, almost telepathic.

Old 03-07-2012, 03:47 PM
tortesq1 has a spectacular aura abouttortesq1 has a spectacular aura about
Looks like a bit like a 996 Cup car, but with a different rear wing. Is it possible that you can drive her in the street or is she just never going to pass a NYS inspection ? Can't imagine how incredibly loud she would be on the street. Best of luck with your new very cool toy !

Old 03-07-2012, 03:54 PM
slawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats ,awesome car Chris , what transmission is on it?

Old 03-07-2012, 04:17 PM
GSX400 is infamous around these parts
looks like a fun project

Old 03-07-2012, 04:43 PM
DBV
DBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud of
Nice! Sounds like you got HOOKED UP!

Always great to hear good people helping good people!

Old 03-07-2012, 06:40 PM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by tortesq1
Looks like a bit like a 996 Cup car, but with a different rear wing. Is it possible that you can drive her in the street or is she just never going to pass a NYS inspection ? Can't imagine how incredibly loud she would be on the street. Best of luck with your new very cool toy !
mufflers are still on it so it's really not that loud. It would probably pass, but it would be pretty uncomfortable. Not safe driving around with a cage either.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Here's my new toy