997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Need advice about 997 purchase Modding related

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 05:05 PM
alexo is a jewel in the roughalexo is a jewel in the roughalexo is a jewel in the roughalexo is a jewel in the rough
Exclamation Need advice about 997 purchase Modding related

So listen guys, I have an e55 highly modded with various parts such as renntech, evosport, eurocharged etc... I enjoyed playing with the e55 alot since you can easily mod it.

Looking to purchase a 997tt Cab. The e55 was alot of fun and very fast but it's just lacking the whole sports car feel and I have outgrown it especially since I also own a truck and do not need the 4 seats or the trunk space anymore.

I did extensive research looking for different cab's that I could track on the weekends and daily drive in the week, and well as you all know the 911 turbo just fit all the above perfectly. Unless you guys have other opinions has a better option.

I have a 200K budget for car +mods. I want to do performance mods aswell has bodywork.

For the body I have already chosen techart as I find they are the most aggresive looking in my opinion probably the Aerodynamics kit II

I am familiar with mercedes mods but am still learning for different tuners and parts manufacturer for porsche.

So What do you guys suggest I buy.

2009 turbo and mod the **** out of it.

get a 2011 turbo S

By the way I do not want manual I want Tip or PDK preferably so that sort of puts my options to 2010+

I was reading an article earlier about a sport journalist who was destroying the turbo S... saying it wasnt worth it + the new 3.8 engine wasnt has good as previous 3.6 and that you couldnt tune it much without destroying it, is that true?

anyway I am looking forward to your opinions... thank you in advance and looking forward to sharing in this new forum. I used to be on Mbworld alot.

Old 03-11-2012, 05:12 PM
Banned
MannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the roughMannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the roughMannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the rough
Get 997.1 turbo. Get Techart body kit then start modding....

Old 03-11-2012, 05:17 PM
alexo is a jewel in the roughalexo is a jewel in the roughalexo is a jewel in the roughalexo is a jewel in the rough
Could I get a bit more info as to why I should make that move? thank you...

Old 03-11-2012, 06:02 PM
Former Vendor
CampioniShop1 is a jewel in the roughCampioniShop1 is a jewel in the roughCampioniShop1 is a jewel in the roughCampioniShop1 is a jewel in the rough
If you want a tip or PDK - step up to the 997.2. The PDK is in another league in regards to usage.

Were you on MBworld? Cool to see a transfer to the Porsche world - quite an upgrade even though those E55s can be made quick as hell!

If you need any help regarding wheels, exhausts, body kits or suspension, let us know!

Old 03-11-2012, 06:57 PM
Really guys? I hoped this forum would be in abundance of opiniated people.

Did I not give enough info?

Old 03-11-2012, 07:25 PM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
Nah, tons of opinionated people. Just slow to respond lately. Had been a regular here back in '09-'10 when there seemed to be more activity.

Old 03-11-2012, 07:26 PM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
Go pdk.

Old 03-11-2012, 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by taylorcoleman
Go pdk.

I know that...

My main questions is about the engine... 3.6 vs 3.8 ... supposedly the 3.8 direct injection is very hard to mod. And it's not has reliable...

Is the turbo S worth it compared to the turbo... since I am modding it...

The S is basically an ecu reflash right?!

Old 03-12-2012, 02:22 AM
If you want pdk, then you must have the 3.8

Old 03-12-2012, 03:55 AM
Banned
MannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the roughMannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the roughMannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by alexo
I know that...

My main questions is about the engine... 3.6 vs 3.8 ... supposedly the 3.8 direct injection is very hard to mod. And it's not has reliable...

Is the turbo S worth it compared to the turbo... since I am modding it...

The S is basically an ecu reflash right?!
Let's start with new 997.2 turbo PDK
- Tranny: No one offically release an upgrade tranny kit for them yet ( except speedart I guess )
- Engine: Many believe that those 3.8 r weak comparing with 997.1 engine which hold +915whp
- ECU: The ECU is damn sensitive that's why u saw minimal gain 50-55whp..With more aggressive tuning ( littel more boost ) the car will go to limp mode. Even current The reflashes ran minimal boost coz of that.

All I know is that some tuners working to solve the ECU issue right now then go to modded turbos to bigger turbos to engine internals...etc
I know this year we will know many things on 997.2 turbo cars.

Now the tip 997.1 car ( stock engine ) with bolt ons ran FAST in 1/4 mile hit 9's and 60-130 low 5's ran 0-187mph in 18's. Recetly built 997.1 hold 60-130 record on 6speedonline list and ran extremely reliable.

Last edited by MannschaftQ8; 03-12-2012 at 04:01 AM.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:49 AM
Originally Posted by MannschaftQ8
Let's start with new 997.2 turbo PDK
- Tranny: No one offically release an upgrade tranny kit for them yet ( except speedart I guess )
- Engine: Many believe that those 3.8 r weak comparing with 997.1 engine which hold +915whp
- ECU: The ECU is damn sensitive that's why u saw minimal gain 50-55whp..With more aggressive tuning ( littel more boost ) the car will go to limp mode. Even current The reflashes ran minimal boost coz of that.

All I know is that some tuners working to solve the ECU issue right now then go to modded turbos to bigger turbos to engine internals...etc
I know this year we will know many things on 997.2 turbo cars.

Now the tip 997.1 car ( stock engine ) with bolt ons ran FAST in 1/4 mile hit 9's and 60-130 low 5's ran 0-187mph in 18's. Recetly built 997.1 hold 60-130 record on 6speedonline list and ran extremely reliable.

So in my shoes would you consider a good option to buy the 3.8 run it stock for a while considering its my first 911 ever... and then hope they get the tune issues resolved? or would you buy a 3.6 and mod it the fck out.

Old 03-12-2012, 07:09 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by alexo
So in my shoes would you consider a good option to buy the 3.8 run it stock for a while considering its my first 911 ever... and then hope they get the tune issues resolved? or would you buy a 3.6 and mod it the fck out.
What is your hp goal?

Old 03-12-2012, 07:19 AM
Originally Posted by MannschaftQ8
What is your hp goal?
I have a 600Hp E55, I could of went up to 700 probably but I lost the drive when a 997turbo murdered me in a drag for various reasons such a 4wd... my E55 kills any stock 997 on the highway so enough hp to be able to kill most 600HP and below.

So I guess 650 HP?! I dont need to go higher. But I wanna get that reliably... and keep the car running for a long time.

Old 03-12-2012, 07:20 AM
Basic Sponsor
Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !
Just get the 991.1 TT TIP.

We are holding the record for 60-130mph acceleration with 997.1 tip.

Our customer 997.2 Turbo S with flash and exhaust ran 100-200km/h in 6.1 sec.

There isn't much room for improvement, tranny and engine is very sensitive compared to 997.1

100-200km/h: 2.16 sec
200-300km/h: 3.43 sec
60-130mph: 2.52 sec
100-150mph: 2.19 sec
Email: emre@esmotor.com.tr
Web: http://www.esmotor.com.tr
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/esmotor
Old 03-12-2012, 08:16 AM
Originally Posted by Emre@Esmotor
Just get the 991.1 TT TIP.

We are holding the record for 60-130mph acceleration with 997.1 tip.

Our customer 997.2 Turbo S with flash and exhaust ran 100-200km/h in 6.1 sec.

There isn't much room for improvement, tranny and engine is very sensitive compared to 997.1

So basically only thing you can do is Ecu and Exhaust work... on the 997.1
For reliability I wont need to upgrade tranny or anything by doing flasha nd exhaust on 997.2

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need advice about 997 purchase Modding related