997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Best 997.I TT ECU Flash

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 09:10 AM
malmasri is infamous around these parts
Best 997.I TT ECU Flash

I have a Brombacher exhaust and now looking into a Flash ...I was always reluctant to do the flash due to fear of a destroyed clutch and or short life of engine...
I would like to hear from the members that have done an ECU tune...w/o a clutch upgrade ....what is the best software out there?

Old 03-20-2012, 03:05 PM
Banned
MannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the roughMannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the roughMannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the rough
With good tune you will get ur ( stock ) clutch killed sooner or later

Last edited by MannschaftQ8; 03-21-2012 at 10:52 PM.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:42 PM
Former Vendor
Kai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant future
I would definitely recommend doing the clutch because with a flash you will be at the limit. We have customers running EPL software on their 997T's with no issues and they all haul ***! EPL gets my vote.

Old 03-20-2012, 10:36 PM
MJA
MJA is just really niceMJA is just really niceMJA is just really niceMJA is just really niceMJA is just really nice
I have a softronic flash with no clutch change, Its a very good, easy, powerfull flash..

Old 03-21-2012, 05:19 AM
skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !
a powerfull flash will slip your clutch very soon...

Old 03-21-2012, 12:27 PM
Bolas997 is infamous around these parts
its hard to get the "best tune" while wanting to maintain your factory clutch. i dont think you need to worry about engine failure as much as clutch fatigue. just keep in mind a great tune will produce great results, which are typically not able to be handled by your oem clutch. FYI - i have a protomotive tune from prototech and i just had to install a new clutch set up from Champion Motorsports. Would do it again in a heart beat!!!

Old 03-21-2012, 02:09 PM
JFranklin is infamous around these partsJFranklin is infamous around these parts
Tiptronic

Any advice on flash for Tip cars? No exhaust upgrade on mine yet but whatever ECU flash I go with, I would certainly want to modify the flash for eventual exhaust mod.

Old 03-21-2012, 02:56 PM
Doc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond repute
If you get a flash with a few different settings, you can always go with the 91 octane tune to put less stress on your stock clutch. The 93 and 100 octane tunes will kill it quick!

All the tuners we have here are good. I've been looking at the APR since it has the 4 tunes and can be swapped quickly. Stock, 91, 93, and 100 octane tunes.

I got a clutch and went with 1 step colder plugs to prep for the upcoming tune!

Old 03-21-2012, 03:05 PM
Banned
MannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the roughMannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the roughMannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by skandalis447
a powerfull flash will slip your clutch very soon...
I heard that APR tune increase EGT...Is that true?

Old 03-21-2012, 03:12 PM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MannschaftQ8
I heard that APR tune increase EGT...Is that true?

What do mean by inceased EGT?

I have 30k miles on my Turbo with APR software and Tubi Race exhaust. I had to upgrade the clutch of course because the stock clutch is terrible. If you want the most out your stock turbos while running minimal boost APR is the way to go. I have driven others and have yet to come across one that is faster.

Old 03-21-2012, 04:07 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future

Old 03-21-2012, 09:38 PM
malmasri is infamous around these parts
Do APR or Softronics need the ECU to be removed and sent out or could either one can be done via personal laptop?

Old 03-22-2012, 03:46 AM
Winnilaker has a spectacular aura aboutWinnilaker has a spectacular aura aboutWinnilaker has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by malmasri
Do APR or Softronics need the ECU to be removed and sent out or could either one can be done via personal laptop?
I was at EPL yesterday and they explained that they take it out to get some info off it initially and then all subsequent tuning is done via the front under dash interface with a laptop. But Softronic somehow does it without needing it removed.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:47 AM
nevert00fast is infamous around these partsnevert00fast is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Winnilaker
I was at EPL yesterday and they explained that they take it out to get some info off it initially and then all subsequent tuning is done via the front under dash interface with a laptop. But Softronic somehow does it without needing it removed.
When I talked to Tony a couple months ago when I was shopping around he told me they actually need to physically modify your ECU on the bench, after that everything is done through the OBDII port.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:25 AM
Winnilaker has a spectacular aura aboutWinnilaker has a spectacular aura aboutWinnilaker has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Tony@epl
This is correct. We do something a little different then most others are doing in the US when we flash these cars. In my opinion the first flash on the 997tt ecu should always be a bench flash.

The most important reason why (but not only) is it allows for higher speed data logging.
Looking forward to having you flash my 997tt in a few weeks. I'm going to throw on an AWE exhaust and then I'll be down.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best 997.I TT ECU Flash