997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Just Bought My First Porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 01:50 PM
viperperformance is infamous around these parts
Just Bought My First Porsche

Hello Everyone,

I recently purchased my first Porsche and went all out and bought local Champion motorsports modifed GT2 (670 HP). I am new to this forum, but wanted to start posting.

To add to the Black/ Black theme... I had the wheels poweder coated black, the windows 20% tinted, and the lenses on the side, front, and rear clear coat tinted, and installed new Pilot Sports. Thought it turned out great!

Anyways, glad to be here.

Tried to post a pic... hope it shows up.

Attached Images  
Old 03-26-2012, 02:07 PM
MR2FAST is a splendid one to beholdMR2FAST is a splendid one to beholdMR2FAST is a splendid one to beholdMR2FAST is a splendid one to beholdMR2FAST is a splendid one to beholdMR2FAST is a splendid one to beholdMR2FAST is a splendid one to behold
vn, now you just need the license plate "DRK NITE"

Old 03-26-2012, 02:10 PM
I ordered "Bad GT2", but can't pick it up till the dealer completes the registration!

Old 03-26-2012, 02:14 PM
DBV
DBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud of
Not a bad way to get into the P-Car game! Welcome!

That GT2 looks great. Have you thought about tinting the LEDs in the front?

Old 03-26-2012, 02:16 PM
I did, but I thought they looked good at night so bright... kind of a focus point. I am still on the fence.

Old 03-26-2012, 02:28 PM
DBV
DBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by viperperformance
I did, but I thought they looked good at night so bright... kind of a focus point. I am still on the fence.
I doubt they would be much dimmer than your tinted headlights. Are they covered in a film or spray? Maybe try a removable film before committing completely.

Old 03-26-2012, 02:31 PM
That's a good idea. Yes, the others are clear coat sprayed. testing with a film would give me the benefit to change my mind. I am going to try that.

Old 03-26-2012, 02:48 PM
JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !
Congrats on a nice pickup. I was looking at it too prior to Q picked up his F430. I missed out... Enjoy her in good health.

Old 03-26-2012, 05:29 PM
JorgeG is infamous around these parts
congrats enjoy

Old 03-26-2012, 05:53 PM
evil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to behold
man, first porsche a GT2?! you don't mess around, do you?

Old 03-26-2012, 06:08 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by evil panda
man, first porsche a GT2?! you don't mess around, do you?
my thoughts. lol
you have a great collection of cars!

Old 03-26-2012, 07:52 PM
Bluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud of
That's a hell of a way to start! Good job!

Old 03-26-2012, 08:19 PM
StPatsDay is infamous around these partsStPatsDay is infamous around these parts
Congrats. Nasty looking
Enjoy in good health!

Old 03-26-2012, 09:26 PM
slawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond repute
Champion modified GT2 - a perfect Porsche
Congrats.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:31 PM
Banned
MannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the roughMannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the roughMannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the rough
Congratulations
Enjoy it!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just Bought My First Porsche