997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

AMS Tuned 997.2 Turbo S. (Dynos Inside)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 02:52 PM
GTurboS is infamous around these parts
Great results!! did you dyno test the tune you had before with the stock intake to see the numbers?

I have the same tune you had before and i dont notice any REAL performance gains testing in real world conditions with my performance box, 0-60, 1/4 mile etc..

Old 03-31-2012, 02:55 PM
Banned
MannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the roughMannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the roughMannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by GTurboS
Great results!! did you dyno test the tune you had before with the stock intake to see the numbers?

I have the same tune you had before and i dont notice any REAL performance gains testing in real world conditions with my performance box, 0-60, 1/4 mile etc..
WOW. Poor intake and poor tune also.

Old 04-02-2012, 08:49 AM
OneBadGTR is a jewel in the roughOneBadGTR is a jewel in the roughOneBadGTR is a jewel in the roughOneBadGTR is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by GTurboS
No just the tune and the aftermarket intake.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:09 PM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OneBadGTR
No just the tune and the aftermarket intake.
To bad you didn't run it with just the Switzer tune as the numbers are about the same as what it is now from other dyno's and TT's by them .......

Old 04-02-2012, 12:20 PM
OneBadGTR is a jewel in the roughOneBadGTR is a jewel in the roughOneBadGTR is a jewel in the roughOneBadGTR is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Softronic
To bad you didn't run it with just the Switzer tune as the numbers are about the same as what it is now from other dyno's and TT's by them .......
Turbo S should make significantly more power... I would not be happy if the TTS was making the exact same numbers as a TT.

Last edited by OneBadGTR; 04-02-2012 at 12:27 PM.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:40 PM
Basic Sponsor
Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !Softronic Is a GOD !
Turbo S should make significantly more power... I would not be happy if the TTS was making the exact same numbers as a TT.
Yes and no as you can make a Non S into an S or both to have the same power with gains above the S. Most all the DFI cars are different in the software from the factory in which they get the gains. Software though cant overcome hardware issues.

Last edited by Softronic; 04-02-2012 at 12:44 PM. Reason: added text
Old 04-02-2012, 03:52 PM
bad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond repute
How in the world did you flash it back to a stock file??

Also, how in the world did your "stock" car dyno with only a 3-4% hp loss and a 5+% increase in torque?!!

Old 04-02-2012, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by bad107
How in the world did you flash it back to a stock file??

Also, how in the world did your "stock" car dyno with only a 3-4% hp loss and a 5+% increase in torque?!!
You copy off the stock file to send out for tuning with the softronic software, it's nothing special. You always have a copy of your stock file in case something is wrong or the delaership flashes over something.

And as for the stock dyno it looks the same on other Turbo S's graph so maybe they underrate their performance? No clue but those are absolutely my stock numbers....Crazy right?

Old 04-02-2012, 04:39 PM
Basic Sponsor
You copy off the stock file to send out for tuning with the softronic software, it's nothing special. You always have a copy of your stock file in case something is wrong or the delaership flashes over something.

And as for the stock dyno it looks the same on other Turbo S's graph so maybe they underrate their performance? No clue but those are absolutely my stock numbers....Crazy right?
True and correct about you are able to flash back to stock with a Softronic cable.... The only problem is it wasn't used to flash the car to stock as there is no server activity on it or the VIN.

Old 04-02-2012, 04:43 PM
bad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond reputebad107 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think they underrate the engines like the GT-Rs....something sounds odd to me...

Old 04-02-2012, 05:11 PM
Originally Posted by Softronic
True and correct about you are able to flash back to stock with a Softronic cable.... The only problem is it wasn't used to flash the car to stock as there is no server activity on it or the VIN.
Yes your correct, there won't be any activity because AMS pulled my stock tune before I had the softronic software. They actually took a copy of the stock tune with their software back in September. I was impatient and bought the softronic software from Switzer after and then when the car was taken out of storage this year I had AMS tune it. Pretty simple I'm sure AMS can chime in.

Old 04-02-2012, 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by bad107
I don't think they underrate the engines like the GT-Rs....something sounds odd to me...
Yeah not sure either but all I know is what my car made. I'm not the right person for technical questions, those need to be directed at AMS. I'm just a customer who ran across some interesting findings. The Agncy Power intake was a huge waste of $1,500. That's what I'm most pist about to be honest.

Old 04-02-2012, 05:38 PM
Basic Sponsor
Yes your correct, there won't be any activity because AMS pulled my stock tune before I had the softronic software. They actually took a copy of the stock tune with their software back in September. I was impatient and bought the softronic software from Switzer after and then when the car was taken out of storage this year I had AMS tune it. Pretty simple I'm sure AMS can chime in.

You had said it was flashed with the cable to stock or it seemed that way by the post....

Now they had read it out before you bought the Switzer file. Then you read it out with the Softronic cable and flashed Sept 7.. They then flashed it back with the file that they had prior to the flash that was in the car ... Perhaps it was read out again.

The question is in that the "S" has 530BHP and 516TQ at the flywheel from the factory. The stock run that is listed shows 509WHP and 546TQ. The TQ alone is 40 more at the wheels than the car came with at the crank. The loss is only 3-4% in HP on the dyno yet the car gained 6% at the wheels in TQ.

Old 04-02-2012, 05:59 PM
Forgot to mention the sharkwerks exhaust was on the car during all these tests too. Actually I mentioned that in the first post of this thread but I'm sure there are some gains from that.....??

You can call me out all you want on having AMS pull the file before I did the tune. I have no reason to lie, I've been working with Mitch and Larry at AMS for a while. They needed an S for R&D. I'm five mins from the shop. They have done my GTR too. Lol

Old 04-02-2012, 06:04 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
[QUOTE=OneBadGTR;3500485]I'd contact AMS for pricing as they are very reasonable and no I did not change my clutch.[/QUOTE
They must have changed their pricing then,which I hope is in line now...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: AMS Tuned 997.2 Turbo S. (Dynos Inside)