997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

AMS Tuned 997.2 Turbo S. (Dynos Inside)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 11:40 AM
OneBadGTR is a jewel in the roughOneBadGTR is a jewel in the roughOneBadGTR is a jewel in the roughOneBadGTR is a jewel in the rough
AMS Tuned 997.2 Turbo S. (Dynos Inside)

Dropped off the car for a tune @ AMS.

My 997.2 Turbo S had an Intake, SharkWerks exhaust, and a previous tune.

After the first few hours of tuning I received a call from AMS worrying about the heatsoak occurring from the "intake" I had on the car. They were willing to test both the aftermarket intake and stock intake to prove the stock intake is actually better.

AMS did an amazing job and I highly recommend anyone who may be on the fence and looking for a tune on their 997.x. The car runs like a monster and can still be daily driven comfortably.

The results as you can see below are shocking.

The 'aftermarket' intake and tune made 499WHP and 522WTQ. (The way I brought the car in.)

Then reverting back to the stock tune and stock intake the car made 509WHP and 546WTQ!

The AMS tune and stock intake was able to achieve 539WHP and 576WTQ!

Thanks again AMS for the great service!

Old 03-29-2012, 11:44 AM
Bolas997 is infamous around these parts
WOW!! great post! Not surprised, the guys AMS are monsters! what intake system were you running?

Old 03-29-2012, 11:54 AM
OneBadGTR is a jewel in the roughOneBadGTR is a jewel in the roughOneBadGTR is a jewel in the roughOneBadGTR is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Bolas997
WOW!! great post! Not surprised, the guys AMS are monsters! what intake system were you running?
Would rather not say in the thread, not interested in starting a war. If you shoot me a PM I'll let you know.

Old 03-29-2012, 11:54 AM
Banned
MannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the roughMannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the roughMannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the rough
Interesting find by AMS
I wonder what is that aftermarket intake lol!

Old 03-29-2012, 11:57 AM
Car drives awesome with the new tune. Im not really sure how to explain the feeling but the gas pedal is much more module if that makes sense. It's a lot smoother around town with the PDK and the car is ready to take off in any gear....

Old 03-29-2012, 12:20 PM
Banned
MannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the roughMannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the roughMannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by OneBadGTR
Dropped off the car for a tune @ AMS.

My 997.2 Turbo S had an Intake, SharkWerks exhaust, and a previous tune.

After the first few hours of tuning I received a call from AMS worrying about the heatsoak occurring from the "intake" I had on the car. They were willing to test both the aftermarket intake and stock intake to prove the stock intake is actually better.

AMS did an amazing job and I highly recommend anyone who may be on the fence and looking for a tune on their 997.x. The car runs like a monster and can still be daily driven comfortably.

The results as you can see below are shocking.

The 'aftermarket' intake and tune made 499WHP and 522WTQ. (The way I brought the car in.)

Then reverting back to the stock tune and stock intake the car made 509WHP and 546WTQ!

The AMS tune and stock intake was able to achieve 539WHP and 576WTQ!

Thanks again AMS for the great service!

All 3 tests above done with sharkwerks exhaust...Right?

Old 03-29-2012, 01:16 PM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
Gee, what's the harm in sharing the vendor/product names? As long as the information is factual, and the relevant test conditions are disclosed, this is helpful information.

Last edited by taylorcoleman; 03-29-2012 at 01:21 PM.
Old 03-29-2012, 01:39 PM
Doc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond repute
Nice find and numbers!

Old 03-29-2012, 02:13 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Really nice numbers! I agree I see a lot of intakes out there on the market but honestly I worry about them sucking hot air rather than anything good coming out of it.... The factory did a very good job on the 997TT intake vs say the 996tt.

Old 03-29-2012, 02:22 PM
nospeedlimit is infamous around these parts
If you also know ( beside the torque curve ) the gear ratios and some other things you can do some performance estimation using http://perfcalculator.mooo.com/ . For example ( with stock torque curve ) http://perfcalculator.mooo.com/perf....f-ec75407c8600

Old 03-29-2012, 02:54 PM
AMS
Former Vendor
AMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for posting Nick! We are thrilled you are like the new tune Enjoy it in good health!

Eric

Old 03-29-2012, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by MannschaftQ8
All 3 tests above done with sharkwerks exhaust...Right?

Yes.

Old 03-29-2012, 05:30 PM
Banned
Mattym6 is a jewel in the roughMattym6 is a jewel in the roughMattym6 is a jewel in the rough
how much is the AMS tune and i guessing you changed your clutch ?

Old 03-29-2012, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by taylorcoleman
Gee, what's the harm in sharing the vendor/product names? As long as the information is factual, and the relevant test conditions are disclosed, this is helpful information.
Information is 100% factual. This is exactly how my car was on the dyno. Just don't want to start a vendor war because the intake I had claimed alot....15WHP and 30WTQ. It wasn't even close.....Wasn't cheap either.

Old 03-29-2012, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by Mattym6
how much is the AMS tune and i guessing you changed your clutch ?
I'd contact AMS for pricing as they are very reasonable and no I did not change my clutch.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: AMS Tuned 997.2 Turbo S. (Dynos Inside)