997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

suspension noise, HELP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 12:33 AM
Slick997 is infamous around these parts
suspension noise, HELP

I have a popping noise in the front right suspension when im pulling into parking lots or turning into an entrance. Sounds like ball joints but there perfect, the car is lowerd with TA springs and TA sway bars and thats it. It has 11k miles, any input would help thanks.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:22 AM
Winnilaker has a spectacular aura aboutWinnilaker has a spectacular aura aboutWinnilaker has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Slick997
I have a popping noise in the front right suspension when im pulling into parking lots or turning into an entrance. Sounds like ball joints but there perfect, the car is lowerd with TA springs and TA sway bars and thats it. It has 11k miles, any input would help thanks.
I have the same, a clicking noise when turning sharp and slow. Only does it turning left for me. Dealer said it was the front differential and may need to be replaced eventually. If you have warranty, bring it in. I got a quote for 7k to replace. But I'm gonna ride it until it gets worse.

Last edited by Winnilaker; 04-02-2012 at 02:24 AM.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:53 AM
slawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond repute
Try to lift the car -move springs and check if there is any dirt between spring and ball bearing

Old 04-02-2012, 06:17 AM
Doc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond repute
Check the strut bushings. If the OE bush was re-used then it is a possibility. If you have adjustable sway bar end links then check to see if that are binding when you turn the wheel from lock to lock.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:33 AM
mllarson has a brilliant futuremllarson has a brilliant futuremllarson has a brilliant futuremllarson has a brilliant futuremllarson has a brilliant futuremllarson has a brilliant futuremllarson has a brilliant futuremllarson has a brilliant futuremllarson has a brilliant futuremllarson has a brilliant futuremllarson has a brilliant future
I had a similar noise develop (more like a thud than a pop) in the front right side - about 6 months after replacing the sway bars. I lifted the car, cranked on the bolt at the end of the sway bar - and noise went away. It was ever so slightly loose. Might want to try that.

Old 03-03-2016, 12:00 PM
bebeqq1231 is infamous around these parts
Issue

I have the same issue and finally dealer find out was the control arms. They change both upper and lower and the noise is gone. Thanks

Old 03-05-2016, 11:21 AM
coquitlam1 is a glorious beacon of lightcoquitlam1 is a glorious beacon of lightcoquitlam1 is a glorious beacon of lightcoquitlam1 is a glorious beacon of lightcoquitlam1 is a glorious beacon of lightcoquitlam1 is a glorious beacon of light
I am not sure if I have a similar issue.
When I turn sharp and slowly in the parking lot, I can feel the front tires skipping and tapping. But the dealer told me that this is normal for Porsche 997.1 TT. Does anybody know about this?
Thanks.