997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Light tires .. suggestions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 05:05 AM
ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !
Light tires .. suggestions

Am searching for good tires to stick with 700-800whp car .. as well as not to forget the weight for the tires .. i saw the best is :

nitto invo
toyo r888
michlin super sport pilot
pzero corsa

which one can hold the power and weight lighter ?? am not doing WOT from 1st gear , only 2nd and 3rd !!

any suggestions !!

Thanks

Old 04-06-2012, 08:08 AM
Banned
Sonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud of
Toyos are the lightest.

Old 04-06-2012, 09:35 AM
BaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant future
R888 Super loud, heavy and are terrible in even light rain.
Nitto Invo. I went from Nitto Invo to R888 and back to Nitto Invo.

Old 04-06-2012, 11:08 AM
Banned
MannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the roughMannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the roughMannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the rough
PZero.

Old 04-06-2012, 11:10 AM
Banned
Sonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud ofSonny has much to be proud of
Agreed. But remeber toyos are a compettion biased tire. Invos are strictly street. The toyos in the same size range are lighter thou.

Old 04-06-2012, 12:15 PM
ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !
well i think i may go with nitto invo in the rear , and nt05 in the front

about the pzero , i was running pzero rosso , but still not enogh to hold this power

Old 04-06-2012, 12:42 PM
Banned
MannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the roughMannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the roughMannschaftQ8 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by ysfg35
well i think i may go with nitto invo in the rear , and nt05 in the front

about the pzero , i was running pzero rosso , but still not enogh to hold this power

Different tires in front and rear CAN effect handling bro

Old 04-06-2012, 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by MannschaftQ8
Different tires in front and rear CAN effect handling bro
thats what am afraid of bro .. the problem is that there are no 305 30 19 nitto nt05

thats why am confused still thinking

Old 04-06-2012, 12:58 PM
512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of
Go with Michelin Pilot Super Sports or the cups. I am running the Super Sports (245 fronts and 325 Rears). Where I was breaking traction with the Continental Extreme Contact DW tires, I have not been able to make the PSS lose traction even in 1st gear.

So far I am very impressed.

Old 04-06-2012, 02:28 PM
drsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant future
Am searching for good tires to stick with 700-800whp car .. as well as not to forget the weight for the tires .. i saw the best is :
Take a look at this site and these tires: http://www.frisbyracetire.com/prodde...32&subcatid=25

Old 04-06-2012, 05:34 PM
Doc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond repute
Not the Invo. They are ok but not with the power you are making. Toyo R888 or the Pirelli Trofeo as long as you only take the car when the weather is good.

If you drive it all the time then MPSS.

Old 04-06-2012, 05:39 PM
BaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant future
Mickey Thompson if you got traction problems in 18"
...But your in for a ride at high speeds

Old 04-07-2012, 03:09 PM
Banned
M3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud of
All tires you chose are regular street tires but the R888

R888 is probably one of the worse R-Compound tire out there, but will give you a lot more grip than any other mentioned. With time it wil heat cycle out, and start to get hard and loose traction.
They are good in the wet, as long as you don't have huge amount of standing water.

Invo's in the rear and NT-01 in the front ?
Not a good idea, unless you run a front wheel drive Porsche.

NT01s are great for the price. They carry the same rubber compound as the old RA-1 which is my first choice. Best compromise, but not available on the sizes you want.
Michelin Sport Cups are good, but any R-Compound tire will probably heat cycle out before you can run out of rubber using them on the streets.

nitto invo
toyo r888
michlin super sport pilot
pzero corsa

which one can hold the power and weight lighter ?? am not doing WOT from 1st gear , only 2nd and 3rd !!

any suggestions !!

Thanks

Old 04-07-2012, 04:17 PM
TAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond repute
I went from PS2s to R888s also due to lack of traction. I could not be happier.

If you are not planning to do any driving in the rain, and if you are not planning to do track events that will put a tremendous amount of heat cycles/heat on the tires, then the R888s sound like the best option for you.

They are extremely grippy and hold a great deal of traction...but if you were to do track events, after several laps, they will become greasy and then they become crap.

For the street and for the canyon/twisties, provided you don't get stuck in the rain, the R888s will be absolutely great.

The R888s are lighter than the Invos...I tried the Invos and hated them - they would not stick. I also tried them in my Z06...I dumped the Invos and went with the NT05s...I wished they would make those in 911 sizes, but, the tire walls are VERY soft on both the Invos and NT05s, not good for our pcars.

Old 04-07-2012, 04:50 PM
Banned
M3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud ofM3EvoBR has much to be proud of
How are you comparing a R-Compound tire with a regular street tire ?
They have completely different characteristics, also the R888 comes with different deepness on it's thread, therefore it's supposed to be lighter and not last.
Actually they can take the heat pretty well, they just lack of overall grip if compared with other R-Compounds, and don't have the ability to run down the cords. Once you reach a certain point the rubber compound change and it becomes really slippery.
Toyo tries to say that the R888 is the RA-1 substitute, but it's compound is just terrible.
Also the rain drive is not terrible if you just get caught in the middle of it. Avoid too much standing water and you will be fine (as long as you have thread).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Light tires .. suggestions