997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Pulled the Trigger 2012 TTS inside

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 10:42 PM
Former Vendor
HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !
svo, which HRE's did you order?

Old 04-20-2012, 05:48 AM
svoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Lon@HRE
svo, which HRE's did you order?
P40SC Charcoal with Satin Grey, I am excited.

As for the lifts. They are Titan 7000lb.

My garage ceiling is 13ft. There is plenty of room between the top car and the ceiling. However, I did make sure the garage door openers are a little on the high side. Along with the hardware. Others have used roll up doors.

It is easy. Sure, they are easy to use. I own an auto repair center so we have lifts here. My lifts at work are much faster and a little stronger. But, a commerical drive on lift is rather expensive and larger than my home lifts. So they work out fine and do what is needed.

It is quite the conversation piece when I have the doors open on the garages. My neighbors think I am nuts.... Well, I may be.

Mike

Old 04-20-2012, 05:55 AM
Jcusa is a splendid one to beholdJcusa is a splendid one to beholdJcusa is a splendid one to beholdJcusa is a splendid one to beholdJcusa is a splendid one to beholdJcusa is a splendid one to beholdJcusa is a splendid one to behold
Love the new ride...

Old 04-20-2012, 05:25 PM
TDSTTS is infamous around these parts
Hi Mike,
Congrats on the new Black Beauty. It's a real looker. You won't be disappointed with your decision; it is just an amazing car. I've had my 2011 TTS 14 months now and I still feel my heart pound with anticipation of every drive. Where are you in Cincinnati (I'm in West Chester) Maybe we can get together sometime for lunch and turbotalk!!

Old 04-21-2012, 04:41 PM
svoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TDSTTS
Hi Mike,
Congrats on the new Black Beauty. It's a real looker. You won't be disappointed with your decision; it is just an amazing car. I've had my 2011 TTS 14 months now and I still feel my heart pound with anticipation of every drive. Where are you in Cincinnati (I'm in West Chester) Maybe we can get together sometime for lunch and turbotalk!!
I live in Green Township. I would love to meet up.

Also, I own Northgate Transmission in the Colerain Area. I will send you a PM as well.

Mike

Old 04-22-2012, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by pureporsche
That plat should come with black out tint on the windows
...actually the entire car should be blacked out!

Congrats!

Just got my tint done, and added some clear corners. Can't wait for the new wheels to be made...

Mike

Old 04-22-2012, 03:48 PM
keeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by svoshop
P40SC Charcoal with Satin Grey, I am excited.

As for the lifts. They are Titan 7000lb.

My garage ceiling is 13ft. There is plenty of room between the top car and the ceiling. However, I did make sure the garage door openers are a little on the high side. Along with the hardware. Others have used roll up doors.

It is easy. Sure, they are easy to use. I own an auto repair center so we have lifts here. My lifts at work are much faster and a little stronger. But, a commerical drive on lift is rather expensive and larger than my home lifts. So they work out fine and do what is needed.

It is quite the conversation piece when I have the doors open on the garages. My neighbors think I am nuts.... Well, I may be.

Mike

Congrats on the new ride and excellent choice in wheels as well enjoy in good health...

Old 05-01-2012, 05:57 AM
Originally Posted by pureporsche
That plat should come with black out tint on the windows
...actually the entire car should be blacked out!

Congrats!
More and more tinted parts. Can't wait for the wheels to get here...

Mike

Old 05-01-2012, 06:41 AM
montreal911 is a splendid one to beholdmontreal911 is a splendid one to beholdmontreal911 is a splendid one to beholdmontreal911 is a splendid one to beholdmontreal911 is a splendid one to beholdmontreal911 is a splendid one to beholdmontreal911 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by svoshop
More and more tinted parts. Can't wait for the wheels to get here...

Mike
That is sexxxxxxxxy man! Did you paint the lights or film?

Old 05-01-2012, 07:13 AM
pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !
That's awesome!
I have to get some tint on my car.

Old 05-01-2012, 07:37 AM
Bluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud of
You're going to love it. I used to have an R8 too, don't miss it at all.

Enjoy!

Old 05-01-2012, 09:46 AM
I had them painted. A good friend of mine is a body guy. We have been tinting my tail lights before it was cool...lol.

We take black paint and cut it down, spray to desired darkness and clear.

Looks great on a black car. Looks nice on lots of other colors too.

Mike

Old 05-01-2012, 02:35 PM
alterra16 is infamous around these parts
I also took delivery last night on a 2012 TTS. I LOVE IT!! I noticed in your pictures that you did not get center lock RS wheels. Why did you choose to pass on them? Did you get a discount for doing that?

Old 05-01-2012, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by alterra16
I also took delivery last night on a 2012 TTS. I LOVE IT!! I noticed in your pictures that you did not get center lock RS wheels. Why did you choose to pass on them? Did you get a discount for doing that?
There is a better selection of aftermarket wheels if they are not center lock. Plus to be honest, I didn't order the car.

Old 05-01-2012, 07:52 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Ditto! and congrats. Porsche could be the toughest car on the planet...

Did you have a V8 or V10 R8? Impressions?

Also how do you compare the ZR1 to the Z06?

Originally Posted by Hoppity
Nice collection

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pulled the Trigger 2012 TTS inside