997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Red seat belts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 11:43 AM
Former Vendor
Nello@Maxspeed is a jewel in the roughNello@Maxspeed is a jewel in the roughNello@Maxspeed is a jewel in the rough
Another Happy customer

Shipping these out today.. check these out.

Attached Images  
Old 05-04-2012, 12:56 PM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Available today in Guards Red...

Old 09-30-2012, 12:48 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
Hello all. I hope this isn't a significant detour for this thread, but it is all related actually:
Every German car I've ever owned suffers from DSS (Droopy Seatbelt Syndrome). That is, after unbuckling the belt, it barely retracts into the door frame without some assistance, or just doesn't at all and the clip just lays near the door-jam, occasionally getting caught between door and jam when closing the door.
So, I would like to know the best way of solving this problem while at the same time getting a new color belt. I assume that going the MaxSpeed route won't address this in that, as they said, they don't touch the mechanism. And if I go the SunCoast route, there is no guaranteeing that I won't get a case of DSS some time after I install a fresh OEM set of belts.
So, is there any way I can tighten the return spring in the belt mechanism myself, and then send them off to MaxSpeed? Do others notice this 'syndrome' and if so, what do they do about it?
Thanks,
V