997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

New Goodies @ SharkWerks: RSS Performance Engine Mounts Released

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 04:14 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Doc GTO
I could be wrong so hopefully Alex jumps in. Is the dynamic mounts the same type used in the GT3RS setup? If so, I would think that the factory setup is a nice blend of both. No doubt, these mounts would be stiffer all the time then the dynamics and if that is not an issue, then they are a nice addition and do offer weight savings.
You're right Doc... I mean if you have the dynamic ones I'd rate that system as pretty darned good actually. Perhaps not quite as solid but there abouts

Old 06-20-2012, 09:09 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Guys, any help on where I can place my floor jack to support the engine on my GTS? This is a project that I'd like to tackle myself, just don't want to damage the engine by supporting it from the wrong location.

Old 06-20-2012, 09:17 PM
VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !
Got picture of your underside?

Old 06-21-2012, 05:57 AM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by VID997
Got picture of your underside?
My car is the same as this:

Old 06-21-2012, 11:42 AM
DaBrat is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sharkster
You're right Doc... I mean if you have the dynamic ones I'd rate that system as pretty darned good actually. Perhaps not quite as solid but there abouts
So my 997.2TT with the dynamic mounts will still benefit from these?

Old 06-21-2012, 12:13 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DaBrat
So my 997.2TT with the dynamic mounts will still benefit from these?
Just to re-iterate These are really for the GT1 engine based cars. So 996TT, GT3, 997GT3 etc...

Old 06-21-2012, 06:11 PM
VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dallascajun
My car is the same as this:

Sorry, I cannot advise. Your underside/engine is completely different then mine.

GL

Old 06-22-2012, 12:12 PM
Aerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant future
More kudos to the SharkWerks gang! I saw the updated posts here yesterday about the RSS mounts, sent Alex a quick e-mail, arrived at 9am this morning (about 15 minutes from my house), and James was done by 9:45am. As always -- Amazing service!

I haven't had a chance to really test the new mounts out -- but I like what I've seen so far....

Last edited by Aerodude; 06-22-2012 at 12:20 PM.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:32 AM
Originally Posted by Aerodude
More kudos to the SharkWerks gang! I saw the updated posts here yesterday about the RSS mounts, sent Alex a quick e-mail, arrived at 9am this morning (about 15 minutes from my house), and James was done by 9:45am. As always -- Amazing service!

I haven't had a chance to really test the new mounts out -- but I like what I've seen so far....

Good to see you and sorry I missed this We have some more goodies to do

Old 06-29-2012, 06:47 PM
kitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud of
Just installed mine. Thanks Sharky! They are really easy to install, took about 45 minutes. Have to remove the filter cover, then Y pipe and then the airbox, but it's a total of 5 clamps and 4 clips and you're done.

The motor mounts themselves are very easy too.

Initial impressions are that the whole car feels more solid. There is a teeny bit of additional vibration, especially at cold start, but once you are moving, it's gone. Exhaust is a touch louder, too, but in a nice mechanical way, not a booming sound.

Everything feels better, shockingly. The whole car drives more coherently. It definitely shifts better, especially when you are really out of shape. The small amount of additional noise is hardly noticeable and really worthwhile. Cuts down on the rear engine ****-oscillations in bumpy corners too. (My suspension is, at least for a little while, still stock)

Old 06-29-2012, 10:29 PM
Aerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by kitw
Just installed mine. Thanks Sharky! They are really easy to install, took about 45 minutes. Have to remove the filter cover, then Y pipe and then the airbox, but it's a total of 5 clamps and 4 clips and you're done.

The motor mounts themselves are very easy too.

Initial impressions are that the whole car feels more solid. There is a teeny bit of additional vibration, especially at cold start, but once you are moving, it's gone. Exhaust is a touch louder, too, but in a nice mechanical way, not a booming sound.

Everything feels better, shockingly. The whole car drives more coherently. It definitely shifts better, especially when you are really out of shape. The small amount of additional noise is hardly noticeable and really worthwhile. Cuts down on the rear engine ****-oscillations in bumpy corners too. (My suspension is, at least for a little while, still stock)
After one full week with these mounts (driving about 40 miles each day), I'd say your description is spot on. It is a little louder in the cabin -- but in a good way. Certainly not anything too noticeable (to me or my wife) when we're just cruising on the hwy in 5th or 6th. The car does feel more solid -- almost as if the suspension has been tightened up a bit.

Yes -- the install was very easy for me too (also took about 45 min): 1) Dropped the car off at Sharkwerks in the back, 2) walked through the garage and looked at the Turbo, GT3 and GT3RS cars with their engines out, 3) chatted with Alex for a few minutes, and then 4) sat down and barely had a chance to connect to the internet before the car was ready to roll .

Last edited by Aerodude; 06-29-2012 at 10:31 PM.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:47 PM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
anyone know how these compare to WEVO? Stiffness wise...

Old 07-15-2012, 09:55 PM
Originally Posted by Zookie
anyone know how these compare to WEVO? Stiffness wise...
I don't have a direct comparison since the car I drove with the WEVO mounts had other mods as well. However, I suspect that it's pretty similar. There really isn't a lot of rocket science in mounts (except when you get to the dynamic mounts). I suspect that it just goes from softer (e.g. OEM) to semi-solid to solid mounts.

Old 07-17-2012, 12:36 PM
These are semi solid (not full) so it doesn't really causes additional vibration since there's still some give.

Old 04-12-2013, 04:14 AM
b4stiTTS has a spectacular aura aboutb4stiTTS has a spectacular aura about
You can pls pm me price within shipping to Germany!?
Greets

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Goodies @ SharkWerks: RSS Performance Engine Mounts Released