997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

NHP EXHAUST & BMC Filter Installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 11:12 AM
montreal911 is a splendid one to beholdmontreal911 is a splendid one to beholdmontreal911 is a splendid one to beholdmontreal911 is a splendid one to beholdmontreal911 is a splendid one to beholdmontreal911 is a splendid one to beholdmontreal911 is a splendid one to behold
Smile NHP EXHAUST & BMC Filter Installed

Hi All,

After what seemed to be a long wait since I got my car(4 weeks lol) I finally made a decision on a exhaust system. Living here in Montreal kinda sucks sometimes cuz we don’t have access to see lots of modified P-cars like in the USA, so making decisions in regards to what to buy for your baby is often very difficult. The biggest thing that bothered me since I got my car is that sewing machine type of sound that came out of it. I honestly couldn’t believe that Porsche released this car at this price sounding this way!!! I mean they must have the best engineers but they must be deaf (Joke).<O</O
<O> </O>
On the other hand, watching videos on youtube is great but one can’t really base his decisions on that since too many factors change the way you perceive the sound of a video like microphone or conditions etc. I recently went to Maxspeed motorsport because I was interested in getting his led light kit which I got and am very happy with. While I was there, Nello showed me his exhaust system and I must admit at first I didn’t really pay attention to it because of the hype of all the other brands that we hear of here on 6Speed. I then decided to go back and look at his system: 200cel Cats, beautiful tips, straight through design to help flow, weight saving etc. I thought to myself why not!! I mean it’s worth the shot because the price is verrrrrrrry interesting.<O></O>
<O> </O>
I told Nello I’d want to install the exhaust myself since it didn’t seem to be very complicated. He actually proposed to help me which was a very generous offer that I obviously welcomedJ. <O></O>
<O> </O>
Now for the first impressions. Thankkkkkkkkkkk god I did this. No more sewing machine woooohoooo!!!! It is now a nice deep tone at lower RPM that sounds nice and mean and reflects the power of the 911TT. At Wide open throttle she screams like she wants to kill someone!!!!! Beautiful symphony and best part is that there is absolutely no DRONE!!! NONE! I recently went for a ride in a 911TT with muffle bypass and I wanted to kill myself because of the drone, it was actually physically painful for my ears (no joke!!!). This exhaust sounds perfect, not too loud, no drone, and when you drive in a civilised manner you can have a conversation, talk on the phone etc. I need to be able to talk to my clients on the phone while I drive all day so this was a very important detail for me. It’s more like sound on demand; when you want it just floor it and get it and its awesome! That’s the way the car should’ve sounded stock! I posted some pictures of the installation and will soon make a nice video to let you guys hear it J <O></O>
<O> </O>
To help it breath, I also got a BMC filter from Maxspeed which is a nice easy mod since from what I’ve been reading the stock airbox does a very good job<O></O>
<O> </O>
<O> </O>
Thank you Maxspeed for a beautiful product at a great price which I won’t say no to!!! I change cars a lot! Like every year or two max so for those like me that don’t want to spend 5K$ on a system, this is definitely the way to go (to each his own right ). I just want to say that I’m very happy with my choice and wouldn’t change a thing with it!<O></O>
<O> </O>
<O> </O>
Thanks for reading J<O></O>
<O> </O>
Sam <O></O>

Attached Images      
Old 05-13-2012, 11:14 AM
montreal911 is a splendid one to beholdmontreal911 is a splendid one to beholdmontreal911 is a splendid one to beholdmontreal911 is a splendid one to beholdmontreal911 is a splendid one to beholdmontreal911 is a splendid one to beholdmontreal911 is a splendid one to behold
More Pics

Few More pics! Love the agressive TIPS!

Attached Images   
Old 05-13-2012, 07:27 PM
Carlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really nice
Super nice Sam congratulations! Nello has very good products.
Can't wait to hear your car anytime soon, I'm still debating on which exhaust to go with!

Old 05-13-2012, 08:15 PM
mikestyle has much to be proud ofmikestyle has much to be proud ofmikestyle has much to be proud ofmikestyle has much to be proud ofmikestyle has much to be proud ofmikestyle has much to be proud ofmikestyle has much to be proud ofmikestyle has much to be proud ofmikestyle has much to be proud ofmikestyle has much to be proud of
I have been looking at this exhaust as well, i have purchased some stuff from Nello in the past and the service has been great.

Are there any videos up of this exhaust?

Old 05-13-2012, 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by mikestyle
Are there any videos up of this exhaust?
I will make a video this week and post it