997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Looking at picking up a 997tt, had a quick question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 04:43 PM
djben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond repute
You can haggle on common color cars all day long, but if you're looking for something like speed yellow, good luck. When I was searching there was usually only one car a month available in the US that was even close to my price/mileage/option criteria.

I probably paid a $3k premium for my color, maybe even a little more. I think it was 24K miles on the odo, CPO -- 88K+tax in June of 2010. If I wanted a black/gray/whatever color car it'd have probably been more like low 80s.

Only afterwards did I realize I could have just got the car painted whatever color I wanted for what I could have saved buying your average gray/black/whatever color 911, but hindsight is 20/20

Old 05-16-2012, 02:41 PM
CarbonJuicD has much to be proud ofCarbonJuicD has much to be proud ofCarbonJuicD has much to be proud ofCarbonJuicD has much to be proud ofCarbonJuicD has much to be proud ofCarbonJuicD has much to be proud ofCarbonJuicD has much to be proud ofCarbonJuicD has much to be proud of
dj- So u thinking the speed yellows an oranges hold more value? I went with the orange just
to stay away from the norm. Im so happy I did it.

Old 05-16-2012, 03:08 PM
djben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CarbonJuicD
dj- So u thinking the speed yellows an oranges hold more value? I went with the orange just
to stay away from the norm. Im so happy I did it.
Tough to say. In my case there were usually no yellow turbos that met my criteria during the 6 month span I was trying to find one, so I didn't feel I was in as good a position to try and negotiate a lower price when I finally found one that met all my requirements.

Old 05-16-2012, 03:45 PM
TurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really nice
No issues but better tech in 09!forward

[QUOTE=PrecisionPorsch;3544430]Hey folks,

I'm looking at picking up a 997TT and was wondering if I should avoid any 2007 models with it being the first year of production. Are there any known issues that I should be aware of? From what I've read/researched, the 997TTs have been pretty rock solid. Your input is appreciated. Thanks!

Edwin[/Qforward

I did a fair amount of research and talked with many deals and shopsnlikenEVOMs and sharkrwerks tongtn tuner's perspective. All had glowing things to say on the whole on Turbos, just try to checkout thencar for over revs. Also 2009 forward comes with bluetooth and touch screen which I miss on my 09 turbo,as my 07 RS does not have those features.

Old 05-16-2012, 03:55 PM
TurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really nice
Close

[QUOTE=4dr-360;3544697]Piggy back, I am also looking at 2007/08's, this is helpful!

I am working a dealer on an '07 6-spd 28k miles, sport chrono, nav, back up sensors, regular brakes, they are asking $79,995, I was thinking more like $74k, anyone want to give their $.02 or experience? car is NOT @ Porsche dealer & not CPO (but it is my first and hard to find color choice! on east coast!)[/QUO

Have seen several non CPOs here in silver or black go in the 72-74k range with comparable miles. CPO and high options and/or special colors still 82-86k.

Good luck and enjoy it once get it!

Old 05-17-2012, 03:01 PM
dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by djben
Only afterwards did I realize I could have just got the car painted whatever color I wanted for what I could have saved buying your average gray/black/whatever color 911, but hindsight is 20/20
Perhaps it is different in the US, but I would never buy a used car that has been painted to color change! Or if I would there would be a heavy discount involved. We go over cars with a paint thickness measuring tool to make sure no panels are painted, or that there is no "accident damage". Back in the 90's when I was studying in the US I recall full body color changes in premium body shops in Boston ran in the $10k region! In my view, a premium of 3k was sure worth it to get that speed yellow beauty! (imagine removing engine to do engine bay? lifting carpets to do floors???? NO WAY).