997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Wheels for 997TT,please your opinion..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 04:59 AM
greekm3 is infamous around these parts
Hi my friend,nice to see you also here..i think is time to do a group-buy maybe?......too pity that both we dont have center lock wheels...GMC,HRE and BBS have some really nice wheels........

Old 05-24-2012, 09:11 AM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
We do offer our wheels in 5 bolt for the MK1 cars... As the wheels are custom made we build to order and can build any offset you need.

5 Bolt

18x9 fronts are right and 19 lbs
18x12 rears are right under 21 lbs

19x9 fronts are under 20.6 lbs
19x12 rears are under 22.8 lbs

We can also build a race only version of the wheel and save approx 1 lb off the wheel additionally.

We build wheels in sizes for all Porsche cars from 18" to 22"

Please call or email if you need more info.

Thanks for the opportunity to show our wheels.

Old 05-24-2012, 09:31 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by greekm3
Hi..Thanks!!!..this is really nice info's...do you know the weight of GMC130Rs in 5 bolts?what about ADV7.1 SL?it would be nice to hear your choice
I have not seen a lot of info on the ADV1 wheel weights. As I did not have a very good previous experience with them, they were not really a consideration.

The OZ wheels (especially the front) are the lightest wheels that I am aware of that are TUV certified. As far as styling is concerned, they are not to everyone's liking. They are less expensive than the BBS FIs and weigh less.

The only other wheels I had considered were the Tech1 110s. I had actually made a payment on them, but they could not deliver in a timely fashion.

Fortunately, OZ finally released their wheels, and I have been very happy.

Last edited by bbywu; 05-24-2012 at 09:35 AM.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:05 AM
Originally Posted by bbywu
I have not seen a lot of info on the ADV1 wheel weights. As I did not have a very good previous experience with them, they were not really a consideration.

The OZ wheels (especially the front) are the lightest wheels that I am aware of that are TUV certified. As far as styling is concerned, they are not to everyone's liking. They are less expensive than the BBS FIs and weigh less.

The only other wheels I had considered were the Tech1 110s. I had actually made a payment on them, but they could not deliver in a timely fashion.

Fortunately, OZ finally released their wheels, and I have been very happy.
Thanks ,i really appreciate you help..is more difficult to decide than i thought.....too many great wheels out there

Old 05-24-2012, 12:34 PM
dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !
Bob the wheels in the pic are not the OZ's are they? I thought they came with engraved lettering. You seem to be holding them very easily with one hand!

Superforgiata's

Old 05-24-2012, 12:50 PM
Squat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to behold
CAn we get some pics of the OZ wheels please? IIRC OZ makes wheels for a lot of people.

Old 05-24-2012, 01:23 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Nick, the photos above are Tech1s.

Here are my OZs:

Attached Images  
Old 05-24-2012, 03:34 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Great rims - There is only one set left in stock now. They are the ceramic polished. I bought the gloss black ones and had them installed yesterday on my GT2. Fronts are 8.75 x 19 and 16.4 pounds. Rears are 12 x 19 and 20.6 pounds. But the op didn't ask about F1s. My vote would be for the OZs.

Originally Posted by TAGMotorsports
How about we do some BBS FI's? I believe there are TWO sets left in stock. PM me for pricing

Last edited by imcarnuts; 05-24-2012 at 04:59 PM.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:11 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
I guess I need to remind everyone, including a board sponsor who knows better, that ADV wheels may not be promoted on this site in any way...there are still many members that were harmed by Jordan when he sold out 360...

Old 05-24-2012, 05:27 PM
Bolas997 is infamous around these parts
^which members? maybe there should be a list compiled or new thread set up so that every member can 'state their claim'.. then send it to Jordan?

my 2 cents... u post this a lot, this should just be dealt with already if there is anything at all...

To the OP as i was originally adding, try doing some renders of your actual car with some different wheel options on it. at the end of the day its your car and you ave to look at it everyday. Once selected then just call the manufacturer do get the weights. GL!!!

Old 05-24-2012, 05:38 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
what has been done is done and it was Jordan's doing and no one else...because of the size of the problem IB made the policy that Jordan/ADV would not be permitted here...I don't need to justify their position to anyone since it is their board to administer...if you want to provide info to this member about their products do it by private message...if you do it in open forum the posts will have to be edited for content or removed

Old 05-24-2012, 06:20 PM
Carlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really nice
Originally Posted by rcrosby
I bought these for my 08' 997 TT and use them for street/track use with Toyo R888. They are light and strong and not to mention quality and finish is very good. You will pay approx. $1400 for the set of 4 and they are specifically made for the car no spacers or hardware required..... My friends at Cars and Coffee have seen them and cannot believe how nice they are and how good they look, compliments are received often...

http://www.victorequipmentwheels.com/wheel_styles/innsbruck_porsche_wheels.php
1400$ that's really cheap!

Old 05-25-2012, 03:44 AM
Τhanks guys...odd that no one chose the rims of manthey, as we all know it is one of the best racing teams ...

P.S bob any other fotos of your car with OZ wheels?

Old 05-25-2012, 08:12 AM
Originally Posted by greekm3
Τhanks guys...odd that no one chose the rims of manthey, as we all know it is one of the best racing teams ...

P.S bob any other fotos of your car with OZ wheels?
I'll try and take some photos this weekend.

bob

Old 05-25-2012, 08:46 AM
Former Vendor
One@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud ofOne@D2Forged has much to be proud of
Couple of ideas!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wheels for 997TT,please your opinion..