997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

From 2012 911 TTS to 2009 911 TT....Opinions?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 06:59 AM
AlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant future
Welcome to the club! I went to testdrive a new TTS ready to buy it but didn't. PDK aside, it had nothing on my 6sp '09. I was actually more impressed with the 991 than TTS.

Add good software, Europipe exhaust, DCM steering wheel, Bilstein coilovers and the car will be simply perfect.

Old 06-05-2012, 08:36 AM
JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !
Wow... I went from a fully loaded 09TT Aero Kit/PCCB ~161K to a 11TT PDK/PTV/PCCB a few months ago and I must admit I do miss rowing through gears, however the 997.2TT is stupid fast and more refined. My 09TT has a tune, GMG WC-GT exhaust, Fabspeed CAI, IPD plenum, TB & Ypipe and it's still NOT nearly as fast as the new 997.2TT.

Your 09 has some nice options, enjoy her in good health and post some pics.

Old 06-05-2012, 06:56 PM
djben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JmanE55
Wow... I went from a fully loaded 09TT Aero Kit/PCCB ~161K to a 11TT PDK/PTV/PCCB a few months ago and I must admit I do miss rowing through gears, however the 997.2TT is stupid fast and more refined. My 09TT has a tune, GMG WC-GT exhaust, Fabspeed CAI, IPD plenum, TB & Ypipe and it's still NOT nearly as fast as the new 997.2TT.

Your 09 has some nice options, enjoy her in good health and post some pics.
Faster in every day driving, or only faster when you redline every gear with launch control?

That's a lot of time/money to spend on a 997.1 if it's still even slower than a stock 997.2.

If it's only faster when you use LC / redline every shift that's fine, I'm just wondering if it's PDK that is making it faster, or if the 997.2 is wildly underrated at 530hp.

Old 06-05-2012, 06:56 PM
Zlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Gfolo19
Mike, not to sound negative but this kind of sounds like BS...

If you have that kind of $...and that kind of desire to drive "connected" you would of bought the GT3RS or GT2 (GT2RS might be too much car/$ idk, i dont know you and dont want to assume)

But, the 12' TTS is probably the best daily driver super car on the planet...its faster than the 458 0-60 and doesnt have any of the maintence issues or potential to light on fire..a back seat and storage capacity and gets pretty good MPG for a car that can do 200mph

PS the CF brakes are huge difference...getting 09' in general w/o doesnt make much sense. let alone trading down for one.

PPS you're current car will be the last mechanical steering TTS...I would hold it and baby it. Apparently the steering on the new 911 is terrible your 12 TTS may go up in value VERY SHORTLY
Why is it strange that he would want the "same" car but with a manual transmission? I mean if he loves everything about the 997TT except the pdk then a manual 997TT would be the perfect trade. Especially if it's going to be modded, then the power difference between the .1 and .2 won't matter.

And everything you mention about the TTS the TT will have/do as well. Although I doubt the either of them will go up in value.
The only thing he will loose is CCBs (which you don't really need on a street car), PDK and an S badge.

I think it makes perfect sense so congrats on the trade!!

Old 06-05-2012, 08:52 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
I did the same thing, but I really went off the reservation with a 930.

Old 06-05-2012, 09:01 PM
TT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud of
How about getting a 997.2 Turbo non S with manual tranny? I love my 997.2 and this DFI motor is a gem. I have a catless Europipe Exhaust, HRE's, and full suspension and couldn't be happier. No disrepect to the 997.1 owners but going back would be a downgrade in my book.

Old 06-06-2012, 07:38 AM
svoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TT Chris
How about getting a 997.2 Turbo non S with manual tranny? I love my 997.2 and this DFI motor is a gem. I have a catless Europipe Exhaust, HRE's, and full suspension and couldn't be happier. No disrepect to the 997.1 owners but going back would be a downgrade in my book.
Cost is an issue in this senario. Plus, as far as mods go. The 3.6 seems to be the engine of choice. Hopefully, this car being exactly what I would have ordered, I will fall in love a little more and keep it around for some fun, extreme mods

Mike

Old 06-06-2012, 07:41 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TT Chris
How did you get a catless EP - special order or did you cut into those beautiful welds?

Old 06-06-2012, 09:21 AM
JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by djben
Faster in every day driving, or only faster when you redline every gear with launch control?

That's a lot of time/money to spend on a 997.1 if it's still even slower than a stock 997.2.

If it's only faster when you use LC / redline every shift that's fine, I'm just wondering if it's PDK that is making it faster, or if the 997.2 is wildly underrated at 530hp.
It's faster in normal day to day driving and over all driving. I did invest quite a bit in the 09 but at the end of the day, it isnt as fast as the PDK and with LC, it's over for the 6spd period.

Old 06-06-2012, 10:04 AM
TT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by svoshop
Cost is an issue in this senario. Plus, as far as mods go. The 3.6 seems to be the engine of choice. Hopefully, this car being exactly what I would have ordered, I will fall in love a little more and keep it around for some fun, extreme mods

Mike
I hear you if cost is the issue. The 3.8 engine needs to be proven just like the 3.6
Good luck with the new car. It sounds to be the right move for you.
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
How did you get a catless EP - special order or did you cut into those beautiful welds?
I got the first catless system for the 997.2 from Stef. I love it. Will post pics and videos once it stops raining.

Last edited by TT Chris; 06-06-2012 at 04:12 PM.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:07 AM
PaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by JmanE55
It's faster in normal day to day driving and over all driving. I did invest quite a bit in the 09 but at the end of the day, it isnt as fast as the PDK and with LC, it's over for the 6spd period.
I disagree. There will always be people out there (even younger people, I am 32) that will continue to prefer the feel of the manual. Manuals may have died on the track for the purposes of achieving the best lap time, but for some drivers, it not always about the best lap time...<O</O
<O</O

Personally, I can't imagine owning a sports car without a traditional manual transmission. However, I could imagine buying one for my dad who is 65 years old and a diehard car enthusiast with bad knees. <O</O
<O</O

The manual will live on. If I have to buy used in a few years in order to get one, so be it. <O</O

Old 06-06-2012, 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by PaulChristian
I disagree. There will always be people out there (even younger people, I am 32) that will continue to prefer the feel of the manual. Manuals may have died on the track for the purposes of achieving the best lap time, but for some drivers, it not always about the best lap time...<o</o
<o</o

Personally, I can't imagine owning a sports car without a traditional manual transmission. However, I could imagine buying one for my dad who is 65 years old and a diehard car enthusiast with bad knees. <o</o
<o</o

The manual will live on. If I have to buy used in a few years in order to get one, so be it. <o</o
Dont get me wrong, I love 6spd cars, in fact, I'd love to own a GT2RS in the near future but with the introduction of PDK on the 997.2TT, I left my 997.1TT 6spd for something else different. I injured my right arm recently so shifting is somewhat difficult for me hence the PDK transformation.

Old 06-06-2012, 03:55 PM
Bolas997 is infamous around these parts
post pics and lets see the new toy!

Old 06-07-2012, 06:09 AM
svoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bolas997
post pics and lets see the new toy!
I only have one. Just threw my HRE's on it. Damn TPMS is different from 2012 to 2009...

Mike

Old 06-08-2012, 07:39 AM
Fapdds is infamous around these parts
I understand how you feel, the manual is a lot more fun to drive, I wouldn't trade your car in for an 997.1. In my opinion having owned a 996tt, 997.1tt, and now a 997.2tt , the latest generation is a much better drive regardless of the engine. if the 991 tt isn't all cracked up to what it should, then the last 997.2 tt will be the most valuable.

Last edited by Fapdds; 06-08-2012 at 07:51 AM. Reason: added picture

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: From 2012 911 TTS to 2009 911 TT....Opinions?