997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

From 2012 911 TTS to 2009 911 TT....Opinions?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 10:46 AM
svoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond repute
From 2012 911 TTS to 2009 911 TT....Opinions?

All,

I currently have a 2012 911 TTS. I love the car, and it is a beast. However, sometimes I really miss shifting the car, and feeling connected. Also, as much as I love my car, it does not have an aero kit or anything to set it apart from the crowd. It looks like a plain 911 TT.

My local dealer just took in a 2009 911 TT. It is a highly optioned car ( msrp around 160k ) and is white with the Aero Kit, and a 6 speed manual. The car has 2000 miles and is perfect in everyway. I love everything about the car, aside from the fact that it is not near as fast as my car. The 09 is just as I would have ordered it myself, aside from Carbon Brakes that is does not have.

I would of course have to modify the 09 to make it faster...

Plus, I could put a nice little check in my pocket. I am going to lose a few dollars on the TTS, but not as bad as one may think. I also feel I am getting a good price on the 09.

Am I plain crazy, or with some mod's would I love the 09 too?

Mike

Old 06-04-2012, 10:54 AM
Gfolo19 is infamous around these parts
Mike, not to sound negative but this kind of sounds like BS...

If you have that kind of $...and that kind of desire to drive "connected" you would of bought the GT3RS or GT2 (GT2RS might be too much car/$ idk, i dont know you and dont want to assume)

But, the 12' TTS is probably the best daily driver super car on the planet...its faster than the 458 0-60 and doesnt have any of the maintence issues or potential to light on fire..a back seat and storage capacity and gets pretty good MPG for a car that can do 200mph

PS the CF brakes are huge difference...getting 09' in general w/o doesnt make much sense. let alone trading down for one.

PPS you're current car will be the last mechanical steering TTS...I would hold it and baby it. Apparently the steering on the new 911 is terrible your 12 TTS may go up in value VERY SHORTLY

Old 06-04-2012, 11:03 AM
salerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud of
Woah! Glad to see this thread!!

Old 06-04-2012, 11:14 AM
HMS59 is infamous around these partsHMS59 is infamous around these parts
while the drivability of a PDK TTS is out of this world, and MUCH smoother and better to drive than a .1 997TT, they are both great cars. Having spent extensive time in both, I can tell you that my 6 speed 08 with bolt ons (563WHP) is much more aggressive and the "fear" factor is much more than a PDK '11 I drive with an exhaust system. Yes, the tranny makes the .2 seem much faster and more effortless, but I would never trade that for the feeling of shifting my .1

And not to mention the 09 will have the better, more reliable, 3.6 GT1 block in it

Old 06-04-2012, 11:16 AM
djben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond repute
If you are really hung up on getting the feeling of a hair trigger under your feet when you hit the brakes, then I guess CF is good for you. Stock brakes are otherwise perfectly fine on the 911 and for those of us who decide to hit up DEs every now and again they are better (not going to explain why in this thread).

If you want to redline every gear in super fast shift mode and achieve consistent 2.x second 0-60 times every day then definitely stick with the .2.

I personally don't use launch control from a stop everywhere I go (m3) and don't redline every gear daily driving, so the .1 with standard 6 speed is plenty fast for me

Old 06-04-2012, 11:22 AM
svoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gfolo19
Mike, not to sound negative but this kind of sounds like BS...
I assure you, this is a very real post.

I can not afford a GT2 currently. I have a decent selection of cars 2012 Cayenne TT, 2011 ZR1, 2006 911 S Cab, to name a few.

I traded my R8 in on my 2012 TTS, and do not regret the move, however, I do often miss the attention that R8 gave me, and the 09 with the aero kit, and my HRE wheels, will looks just awesome.

Am I taking a hit on the TTS. Yes I am. However, that money is gone and done with. Its spent and I don't let that bother me.

I would get a nice little check that would help ease the pain.

Its more about what I can do with the 997.1 TT and will I enjoy it. I did like driving it, and it felt the same as my TTS, just without the added power. If I can add the power, and shift, and put money in the bank.... Plus I get the look of an Aero Kit on a damn sexy car, then it seems like a good idea to just bite that bullet and move on.

How many 09's will have the option list that I want, with only 2k miles...

Mike

Old 06-04-2012, 12:55 PM
Acropora has a spectacular aura aboutAcropora has a spectacular aura about
The '09 sounds like a nice car..

Old 06-04-2012, 12:58 PM
5hlinmd is a jewel in the rough5hlinmd is a jewel in the rough5hlinmd is a jewel in the rough
While I'm sure the TTS is much faster, my 08 with aerokit does make a nice visual that sets it apart from the other 911. Any thoughts on adding aero pieces to the TTS? Of course that doesn't solve the 6 speed question.

Old 06-04-2012, 01:08 PM
eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !
Svoshop whether or not your decision makes financial sense is up to you! The TTS bottomline is a better car bone stock but I can say the only reason I walked away from purchasing one was the lack of the thrid pedal. I found a 997.1 that was well optioned with PCCBs so it was a no brainer for me to save the cash and purchase something that was already proven with a block robust enough to support the type of mods I plan to add down the road. So financially for you it may be the wrong decision but hey all of us who own these cars have invested in highly depreciating assets. Good luck in your search.

Old 06-04-2012, 01:09 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by svoshop
I assure you, this is a very real post.

I can not afford a GT2 currently. I have a decent selection of cars 2012 Cayenne TT, 2011 ZR1, 2006 911 S Cab, to name a few.

I traded my R8 in on my 2012 TTS, and do not regret the move, however, I do often miss the attention that R8 gave me, and the 09 with the aero kit, and my HRE wheels, will looks just awesome.

Am I taking a hit on the TTS. Yes I am. However, that money is gone and done with. Its spent and I don't let that bother me.

I would get a nice little check that would help ease the pain.

Its more about what I can do with the 997.1 TT and will I enjoy it. I did like driving it, and it felt the same as my TTS, just without the added power. If I can add the power, and shift, and put money in the bank.... Plus I get the look of an Aero Kit on a damn sexy car, then it seems like a good idea to just bite that bullet and move on.

How many 09's will have the option list that I want, with only 2k miles...

Mike
Here's what you're looking for:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...8-997-gt2.html

Old 06-04-2012, 02:20 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
If that's what you want to do - go for it. I love the manual also in spite of the fact the PDK is probably better in all aspects EXCEPT the fun factor.

Old 06-04-2012, 11:05 PM
PSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nicePSTT07 is just really nice
Interesting thread...I love the look of the OEM aero kits on 911s. I believe you're looking for that added style more than the 3rd pedal. If accurate, I'd simply contact Suncoast and order the parts and be done with it. IMO there are simply too many refinements on your current vehicle to warrant trading down. Thinking cosmetically again for a moment...don't you love the led's on your '12 as well?

If your stuck on style and driving experience I'd think about the GT3RS. Given your current line up of cars this would be an awesome addition and certainly give you that style factor that IMO isn't matched by any other model (exception GT2RS).

Final thoughts...you'll eventually get used to the aerokit and see another TTS on the road and ponder your decision. Not worth it IMO...don't get me wrong...I absolutely LOVE my 997.1 but it's no TTS.

Old 06-05-2012, 12:23 AM
MJA
MJA is just really niceMJA is just really niceMJA is just really niceMJA is just really niceMJA is just really nice
Pdk is amazing but not " part of car feeling " that the 6 speeds gives you. Add a flash and a exhaust your power will be there....

Old 06-05-2012, 05:23 AM
Peskarik is infamous around these partsPeskarik is infamous around these parts
Cannot understand why everyone is going crazy about CF brakes. Yes, they may have better stopping ability and 50% lighter, but:

1)why do you want to make the front lighter than it already is? When I drive my 2007 manual Turbo (573hp) at speeds close to 170mph the nose and the steering are so light I back off (and I have standard brakes).

2)My brake discs haven't been changed for 40k miles (I have spares lying around for the time the brake light goes on) and the car stops really great! Plus, the replacement discs cost like 1000 bucks for all 4.

3)As for taking the car on track, I was at Sportec and they told me they have a storage of CF brakes, because owners come, take them off, and put the standard metal brakes on, especially if they do track driving. The CF go on when the car is being sold.

On a personal note, they will have to pry the stick out of my hand. I do not care how much slower the manual car is compared to PDK, I want to do at least SOME driving in my car (with all the other assist systems already on). Going around with PDK is just being along for the ride, all those people that try to show off with they robotized cars are just laughable, they do nothing to achieve the performance, the computer does it for them. Be true to the idea of driving - drive a manual car, forget this egotistical crap about 2.x to 60 and such.

Last edited by Peskarik; 06-05-2012 at 05:28 AM.
Old 06-05-2012, 05:56 AM
Well, I pulled the trigger last night. This is the option list.

BSEMDL
BASE
911 Turbo

TOPCLR
B4
Carrara White

INTERI
AT
Black Full Leather Interior

OPTION
Seat heating (front)

OPTION
Bluetooth Interface for Mobile

OPTION
Sport Chrono Package

OPTION
SiriusXM(TM) Satellite Radio

OPTION
Floor Mats

OPTION
Universal Audio Interface

OPTION
XSC
Porsche Crest on headrests

OPTION
XXZ
Footrest in sports look

OPTION
XD9
Wheels painted exterior color

OPTION
Deletion of Model Designation

OPTION
XAF
Turbo Aerokit

OPTION
ParkAssist (rear)

OPTION
CUV
Storage Cmpt Lid W/Model Logo

OPTION
Interior package Carbon

OPTION
CXD
Door sill guards in carbon, il

OPTION
Carbon Str Whl Multifctn

OPTION
CMA
Mirror attachment point finish

OPTION
CNF
Air intake slats painted

OPTION
XMA
A/B Pilar/Roof Liner Leather

OPTION
Voice Control

OPTION
XSX
Seat belts in Guards Red

OPTION
XFG
Instrument dials Guards Red

OPTION
CGA
Headlight Cln Syst Cover Paint

OPTION
XXF
Red Taillights

OPTION
XMJ
Rear section of centre console

OPTION
Porsche Torque Vectoring (PTV)

OPTION
6-disc CD/DVD changer

OPTION
XMP
Sun visors leather

OPTION
CDA
Air vent slats Aluminium Look

OPTION
CWW
luDesign

BDYCLR
B4
Carrara White

OPTION
Seat ventilation (front)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: From 2012 911 TTS to 2009 911 TT....Opinions?