997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Replacement shift knob

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 12:47 PM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
Replacement shift ****

The back plastic piece on my OEM Turbo shift **** broke off. It still works but looks like crap. I find it strange that I'm having a difficult time finding a replacement aftermarket ****.

Besides the Rennline one, are there any alternatives? I like the Rennline **** but would like the shift-pattern numbers printed on the top like the OEM.

Thanks!

Old 06-05-2012, 12:59 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Can you post a pic of what is broken?

Old 06-05-2012, 01:46 PM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
It is the little silver plastic piece from the top arrow to the bottom arrow, but on the side facing the center console. My middle finger sits right into the groove now so I'm always flipping someone off!

Last edited by SeattleBum; 06-05-2012 at 01:48 PM.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:50 PM
You can kind of see it in this photo...

Old 06-05-2012, 02:56 PM
Adam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud of
Maybe you only want an aftermarket ****, but if you're looking for OEM, Suncoast has a great selection...

http://www.suncoastparts.com/categor...tknobsman.html

Old 06-05-2012, 04:44 PM
MJA
MJA is just really niceMJA is just really niceMJA is just really niceMJA is just really niceMJA is just really nice
Do you have the piece still ? Could you use some good adhesive to fix it ?

Nice red INT !!!!!!!

Old 06-05-2012, 05:13 PM
Steamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond repute
Damn, I just took a look at Suncoast, which I respect and use a lot, and saw their "*****" range in price up to about $1,000 . An oem replacement is $270 or something thereabouts. The Rennline at $90 is looking and feeling better and better and I have the shift pattern down by now .......but to each their own. GL with your decision.