997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

GT2RS Done The Champion Way..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 11:35 AM
Doc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome Tom!!!!

Old 06-21-2012, 01:56 PM
salerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud of
Would love to see these 68mm turbos on some e85!

Old 06-21-2012, 02:05 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by salerno713
Would love to see these 68mm turbos on some e85!
There is a car cruising up in New Jersey running the full 68mm VTG kit on E85. He's doing 10.3 second 1/4 mile runs, and hopefully into the 9's once he gets his new clutch. He's also a forum member, but he's usually laying low

Old 06-21-2012, 02:30 PM
M5 Wheelman has a spectacular aura aboutM5 Wheelman has a spectacular aura about
wow. stock motor or more?

Old 06-21-2012, 02:32 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by M5 Wheelman
wow. stock motor or more?
The GT2RS is on stock internals which is why we stopped at about 680 whp.

The E85 car I mentioned above is also on stock internals, about 23psi, with our full 68 VTG kit including inlet pipes.

Old 06-21-2012, 02:36 PM
M5 Wheelman has a spectacular aura aboutM5 Wheelman has a spectacular aura about
So must be about 660-680 for the E85 car too? You seem pretty consistent in stopping there on a stock motor. Which is why I asked in the first place about the E85 car. Was not sure if he was running "only" ~660hp or more on a built motor as you have gone up to around 850 or so with internals such as on Slow's GT2 build.

Old 06-21-2012, 02:43 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by M5 Wheelman
So must be about 660-680 for the E85 car too? You seem pretty consistent in stopping there on a stock motor. Which is why I asked in the first place about the E85 car. Was not sure if he was running "only" ~660hp or more on a built motor as you have gone up to around 850 or so with internals such as on Slow's GT2 build.
The E85 car should be right around that same amount of hp...660-680 or so. I'm just not sure because he's not running our software and I don't think he's dyno'ed it. But at that boost level on the 68mm VTG's he should see around that power since he's also got some other good hardware on the car (intercoolers, exhaust, plenum, etc).

Old 06-21-2012, 04:56 PM
Forujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to all
That's a great looking car! So, is it now sporting the "Champion" logo on the windshield? james

Old 06-21-2012, 06:05 PM
ERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to behold
Better than ****!!! What an amazing looking car with tasteful additions

Old 06-22-2012, 07:25 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Forujames
That's a great looking car! So, is it now sporting the "Champion" logo on the windshield? james
Nope...we kept this one stealth.

Old 09-07-2012, 04:04 PM
supergallardo is a jewel in the roughsupergallardo is a jewel in the roughsupergallardo is a jewel in the roughsupergallardo is a jewel in the rough
wow!

You guys are Nuckin Futz! Keep up the great work =)

Old 09-07-2012, 05:08 PM
ROCK is just really niceROCK is just really niceROCK is just really niceROCK is just really niceROCK is just really nice
Since its mainly for street duty, how's turbo lag and clutch engagement from a stop ? When in RPMs do the turbos start spinning hard ?
I hated my Sacks Stage II clutch on a 575HP 996TT from a stop.
But your clutch and turbos are probably newer tech...and a lighter car too.
Congrats on the build, you guys are first class.

Old 09-07-2012, 05:33 PM
TT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond repute
Amazing shots Tom ... Rep to you and kudos to CMS crew ....

I'm shocked how clean that garage space is .... Operating rooms are not that clean ... That's wrenching like a boss I guess ..

Old 09-07-2012, 09:23 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Amazing work as always from you guy's... My car is at Champion now heading over to you soon

Old 09-10-2012, 07:42 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by ROCK
Since its mainly for street duty, how's turbo lag and clutch engagement from a stop ? When in RPMs do the turbos start spinning hard ?
I hated my Sacks Stage II clutch on a 575HP 996TT from a stop.
But your clutch and turbos are probably newer tech...and a lighter car too.
Congrats on the build, you guys are first class.
In all honest, it drives VERY much like stock. The clutch engagement is very smooth. The pedal is a bit heavier, but engagement is easy from a stop.
As you can see from the dyno graphs, power comes in very early, much like stock. At around 3200rpm's it's already making about 560 lb/ft of tq.

Originally Posted by TT.BRN
Amazing shots Tom ... Rep to you and kudos to CMS crew ....

I'm shocked how clean that garage space is .... Operating rooms are not that clean ... That's wrenching like a boss I guess ..
Thanks guys!

Originally Posted by iLLM3
Amazing work as always from you guy's... My car is at Champion now heading over to you soon
Awesome...iLLM3. What's it coming over for? I'll make sure we take good care of it for you.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: GT2RS Done The Champion Way..