997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

GT2RS Done The Champion Way..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 09:07 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
GT2RS Done The Champion Way..

A few weeks ago I was asked by a well know member of the racing community to help him make his brand new GT2RS just a little more fun to drive then it already is. Since they car would mostly serve daily driving duties (yeah, I know, a GT2RS daily driver = AWESOME!), he was looking for a significant bump in power, without a loss of comfort or drivability. We already knew that with GIAC's amazing software, the car was capable of making good power, but not quite as much as we were looking for, so a turbo upgrade was in order. The car was fitted with our 68mm VTG turbochargers and power kit, including headers, intercoolers, Tubi Race exhaust, Werks1 Y-Pipe, and customized GIAC software. We also added a set of upgraded rear axels, or triple disc carbon clutch, and a Guard GT2 Pro 60/40 LSD to help manage the power.

One interesting thing about this car was that it was one of those rare occasions where we dialed it back just a little bit to keep power in the safe range. This car WANTED to make more and more power....so a full engine build is going to be in the works pretty soon.

For now, enjoy the pics and vid. Here's subject when it arrived at our shop with less then 1000 miles on the clock.

And here it is throughout various stages of the build. Engine out, clutch going in, new turbos on, carbon inlet pipes, Tubi exhaust....you get the idea.

And last but not least, here's a short video of the car on the dyno, followed by a dyno sheet showing the final power level versus stock. Keep in mind, we really dialed this one back to keep power from getting too high. On this car like all our other builds, we really relied on the delicate touch of our partners at GIAC and their amazing software to keep it running safe and sound! Once we build the engine, I bet we'll see close to 900 at the wheels with our 68's on this car because of the "hybrid" style turbos that are used on this car. Imagine a cross between a .1 compressor, and a .2 turbine...that's sort of what we have here. They make fantastic power with our billet 68mm compressors....really consistent and linear!

The end result? A limited edition, 675whp fully warrantied piece of Porsche history.

Old 06-20-2012, 09:15 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
WOW beautiful car & the perfect touch on the mods.

Tom it is able to maintain the factory warranty with the mods?

Again well done Champion & congrats to the owner.

Old 06-20-2012, 09:24 AM
Peskarik is infamous around these partsPeskarik is infamous around these parts
What I do not get is, if 620hp RWD 1450kg car is DAILY DRIVER, why and where would it need more power, especially in US? This is just a "little guy's" enlargement substitute.

Old 06-20-2012, 09:39 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
WOW beautiful car & the perfect touch on the mods.

Tom it is able to maintain the factory warranty with the mods?

Again well done Champion & congrats to the owner.
Thanks Paulie!

No matter what anyone tells you, you NEVER keep your factory warranty once you start modding the car like this. But, when you get a complete power kit from us, you get our Champion Motorsport warranty, which covers the car for the entire length of the factory warranty. Here it is in writing:
http://championmotorsportonline.com/...yagreement.pdf

Originally Posted by Peskarik
What I do not get is, if 620hp RWD 1450kg car is DAILY DRIVER, why and where would it need more power, especially in US? This is just a "little guy's" enlargement substitute.
haha not quite. It's a blast to drive on the road....even with the extra power. Plus, the owner is a professional race car driver, so I'm sure it will get plenty of time on the track as well.

Old 06-20-2012, 03:34 PM
Former Vendor
Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !
Just, WOW.

Love it Tom!

Old 06-20-2012, 05:53 PM
salerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud of
Bravo.. What fuel are these numbers on?

Old 06-20-2012, 06:23 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Jaw dropper. You guys do it just right. As I've said before, my wallet and my banker are happy I don't live close enough to Pompano.

Awesome job.

Old 06-20-2012, 06:35 PM
JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

Outstanding job Tom.

Old 06-21-2012, 04:14 AM
handdoc is infamous around these parts
uh wow!

Old 06-21-2012, 06:08 AM
Slow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really niceSlow911TT68Tip is just really nice
Thumbs up

Beast of a car................dont expect anything less from CMS.

Old 06-21-2012, 06:31 AM
Slik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond repute
If you're going to go big, this is the way to do it. Well done.

Old 06-21-2012, 07:32 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Austin@GIAC
Just, WOW.

Love it Tom!
Thanks Austin! This thing was definitely fun build. I was upset we finished it so fast because I liked looking at this beauty every morning when I got to work!

Originally Posted by salerno713
Bravo.. What fuel are these numbers on?
Check out the graph. The blue graph is on 93, and the red is on a mix of 93 and 109. At this stage the car made such good power on 93 that running race fuel didn't benefit too much. It picked up a nice amount of torque. Of course, if we could unleash a little more boost or more aggressive timing, it would have been a different story, but regular old 93 already had us up near the top of our comfort zone for a stock engine.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:21 AM
PoloTurbo is infamous around these parts
Is it on stock boost?

Last edited by PoloTurbo; 06-21-2012 at 08:31 AM.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:48 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by PoloTurbo
Is it on stock boost?
We're running a custom GIAC program that is using a stock boost level...22psi.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:17 AM
Peskarik is infamous around these partsPeskarik is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
haha not quite. It's a blast to drive on the road....even with the extra power. Plus, the owner is a professional race car driver, so I'm sure it will get plenty of time on the track as well.
OK, I have no more questions.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: GT2RS Done The Champion Way..