997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Looking for a clean 997.1TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 03:31 PM
quick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by 90sundevil
have them check the batteries on the TMPS. .
and how exactly do they do that ?

Old 06-29-2012, 04:19 PM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by quick
and how exactly do they do that ?
There is a scan tool available.

Old 07-06-2012, 12:28 AM
TomsPorscheTT is infamous around these parts
Hi 6 Speeder,
Thanks for all that information - a really knowledgable site. I have found a car that is close to my specs - arctic silver metallic instead of gt silver metallic and black interior with around 9k miles at DC motors in CA. Price seems a bit on the higher end but maybe I can negotiate. My only concern is that they don't do DME readouts so I have to take care of it when I ask them do do a PPI at a local Pcar dealer. Does anybody know what that would run around? Also this car has factory warranty until end of July 2012. Any idea how much a Porsche Extended warranty would cost? I am getting somehow tiered looking at all the listings. I have once read in one of the postings to enjoy the shopping, but not all cars are local and I don't have the time to drive by to different states to have a look at them. I would also appreciate if someone could point me to a reputable shop that do PPIs. DC motors is in Anaheim/CA.

Any idea how much I should try to negotiate? Not really good at that things

Many thanks in advance.

Old 07-06-2012, 12:32 AM
Sorry, forgot the most important information: price is close to exactly 90k for a 9k miles 2008TT.
Link is below for those who are interested. Maybe somebody knows the car

http://dcmotorcars.com/inventory/1-2...lver-Metallic-[Silver_2008#request-info

Old 07-06-2012, 05:53 AM
amw
amw is a glorious beacon of lightamw is a glorious beacon of lightamw is a glorious beacon of lightamw is a glorious beacon of lightamw is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by TomsPorscheTT
Hi 6 Speeder,
Thanks for all that information - a really knowledgable site. I have found a car that is close to my specs - arctic silver metallic instead of gt silver metallic and black interior with around 9k miles at DC motors in CA. Price seems a bit on the higher end but maybe I can negotiate. My only concern is that they don't do DME readouts so I have to take care of it when I ask them do do a PPI at a local Pcar dealer. Does anybody know what that would run around? Also this car has factory warranty until end of July 2012. Any idea how much a Porsche Extended warranty would cost? I am getting somehow tiered looking at all the listings. I have once read in one of the postings to enjoy the shopping, but not all cars are local and I don't have the time to drive by to different states to have a look at them. I would also appreciate if someone could point me to a reputable shop that do PPIs. DC motors is in Anaheim/CA.

Any idea how much I should try to negotiate? Not really good at that things

Many thanks in advance.
Price is not terrible, you should probably be able to get them down a few thousand maybe 87k, anything below that would be a real bargain, IMO. Low mileage cars have a big affect on the price. I'd just bought mine ('08/ 9,400 miles) 6 weeks ago and could not amazing deals guys were getting 12-18 months ago. Offer them 85k and see what they say. The prices seem to have stabilized. Guess it really depends on the timing and what you are looking for color/option wise.

You will not be able to certify the car unless it is purchased through a Porsche dealership, at least that is what I was told. Look at Fidelity and EasyCare for aftermarket warranties (go for the exclusionary policies). It should run you between 2.5k-4k for an additional 2-4 years of coverage. The cost on the aftermarket warranties are a little lower (by probably 500-750 bucks depending on your terms) for car still under factory warranty too, just something to consider since you haven't bought the car yet.

PPI should run you about $300-400 plus the cost of getting the car to a place (if they flatbed the car there) to do the PPI/DME scan. Post your DME scan here and 6speeders will give you a good idea of how clean the motor is. Regardless of the PPI, I suggest that you actually see the car, if you can. Scuffs, rock chips, scratches, seat/bolster/leather wear are hard to see in photos and are highly subjective as to how 'clean' the car is. Maybe not so much for cars below 10k miles, but I've seen a world of difference in the appearance of cars that are at 20k-30k miles.

Good luck on your search.

Last edited by amw; 07-06-2012 at 06:56 AM. Reason: Additional comments.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:56 PM
BigBen97 is a jewel in the roughBigBen97 is a jewel in the roughBigBen97 is a jewel in the rough
I drove this car while out in LA for work about a month ago:
http://www.waltersporsche.com/certif...e79f8d4a8f.htm

Very clean car, CPO, loved the stone grey interior and the cobalt blue. At the end of the day the extra cost of the lower miles for me isn't worth the extra price since I'll put a decent amount of miles on the car. Well that and it was outside of what I'm comfortable spending.

Anyway, if you're interested in that color combo, low miles, and CPO I would recommend that car.

Old 07-13-2012, 12:23 PM
I made a down payment on the porsche at DC Motors. Currently still at the PPI. Weak battery which will be replaced with an Interstate HTTP H7 model and the air cabin filter (which I pay the inspector to replace).

Here is the DME readout:
DME readings as follows:
Range 1 ignitions 66,
Range 2 ignitions 3.
Ranges 3 thru 6 – 0 (Zero).
Operating hours total 293.
Total milage: 9023 miles

Was parked for maybe most of the time this year that's why it was sold.

I think I finally got lucky. Oil was exchanged at around 8k miles - so good from that side, too. Any concern using an aftermarket battery instead a porsche battery? Should I ask the inspector (doing the PPI) to run the PPI again once the battery has been replaced? They told me that they got a new computer system and they still don't know how to use it - that's why they send me the DME readout in a short email showing the rev ranges.

Thanks,
Thomas

Old 07-13-2012, 12:30 PM
The average mileage per hours was 30.80 mph - meaning that I will take it easy in the beginning to get her up to speed.

Thanks,
Thomas

Old 07-13-2012, 04:42 PM
amw
amw is a glorious beacon of lightamw is a glorious beacon of lightamw is a glorious beacon of lightamw is a glorious beacon of lightamw is a glorious beacon of light
And I thought the DME someone posted last week was clean? Pretty much can't be any better than this. Enjoy the car.

Originally Posted by TomsPorscheTT
I made a down payment on the porsche at DC Motors. Currently still at the PPI. Weak battery which will be replaced with an Interstate HTTP H7 model and the air cabin filter (which I pay the inspector to replace).

Here is the DME readout:
DME readings as follows:
Range 1 ignitions 66,
Range 2 ignitions 3.
Ranges 3 thru 6 – 0 (Zero).
Operating hours total 293.
Total milage: 9023 miles

Was parked for maybe most of the time this year that's why it was sold.

I think I finally got lucky. Oil was exchanged at around 8k miles - so good from that side, too. Any concern using an aftermarket battery instead a porsche battery? Should I ask the inspector (doing the PPI) to run the PPI again once the battery has been replaced? They told me that they got a new computer system and they still don't know how to use it - that's why they send me the DME readout in a short email showing the rev ranges.

Thanks,
Thomas

Old 07-13-2012, 06:07 PM
Thanks guys. Any recommendations of a company that could transport the car fro CA (Orange County) to AZ (Phoenix).

Thanks,
Thomas

Old 07-14-2012, 01:11 AM
Hi 6 Speeder,

I have a question about sales tax - I will pick up the car in CA but license and register it in AZ. My sales guy says I have to pay sales tax if I pick it up myself and drive her home, but I don't have to pay sales tax if he ships her to me. I am drawn back and forth if I should pick her up or get her shipped. It's only 360 miles. Any ideas how I can work it out not to pay sales tax in CA and pick it up? Have hard times to trust that nothing will happen to her during shipment.

Thanks,
Thomas

Last edited by TomsPorscheTT; 07-14-2012 at 01:23 AM.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:24 AM
hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !
Any 996 or 997 TT will be a bargain soon. The new 991TT will cost an arm and a leg. To TIP or not to TIP is the question, always will be. For me, a TIP is like a wifie.. no effort needed, just slip and slide with the press of a button. The 5speed is your hot girlfriend, you WANT to give her total and constant attention and she moans and groans based on the position of your stick. See the picture in your mind already?

Old 07-17-2012, 12:10 PM
Finally pulled the trigger.
Now I have to take care of shipping and extended warranty

@hroussard
Very nice explanation. I will remember that.

Thomas

Old 07-17-2012, 12:33 PM
Squat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by hroussard
Any 996 or 997 TT will be a bargain soon. The new 991TT will cost an arm and a leg. To TIP or not to TIP is the question, always will be. For me, a TIP is like a wifie.. no effort needed, just slip and slide with the press of a button. The 5speed is your hot girlfriend, you WANT to give her total and constant attention and she moans and groans based on the position of your stick. See the picture in your mind already?
And while you are on the track that constant attention is fun and cool. Then she gets SO annoying the other 90% of the time. You start to think if maybe you should have picked up the hot professional chick instead of the 20 years your junior needy girl. You can related to the professional chick, you ride her and she responds, its a mutual deal.

So that is the difference. Yeah occasionally you see a hot 20 something and think humm that would be fun, but only for 5-10% of the time, the 90-95% you will be wishing she would Go AWAY.
The tip, you enjoy 100% of the time. Hell she looks good in a bikini and gets plenty freaky on the track.
Having owned manuals for all my sports cars and now a Tip. I remember wishing my 6sp M3 had the SMG I used to have. Many times I would be in my manual and wish I had an SMG or a Tip style. I have NEVER once wanted a 6sp having owned a Tip
Difference strokes. Want a 20 something blonde that is fun but gets needy. Or that professional girl that is hot but can handle things on her own and let you do your thing.

Old 07-18-2012, 03:48 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
How much did you get them down from 90k? Funny in the beginning of the thread I thought your expectations were pretty unreasonable. Sounds like your budget moved up to the market price!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Looking for a clean 997.1TT