997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Help--Rolling Thump Under Passenger Side Floor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 04:29 PM
btg0079 is infamous around these parts
Help--Rolling Thump Under Passenger Side Floor

Noticed a very strange thing today when driving with my wife. Whenever I breaked a little harder I could hear a dull "thud" coming from the passenger side seat area. It sounds like its coming from under the car. My wife said that when it happens, that it feel like something is rolling under her feet prior to the "thud". I took a quick look underneath, but dont see anything obvious. It continued all the way home.

Also, I'm sure not related, I recieved spoiler failure message and the spoiler will not go down this happened shortly beforewe noticed the thud under the floor.

I called the dealer right away and they have me coming in in Friday. Any thoughts on what the thud could be? I dida search but no real results came up.

Old 07-03-2012, 09:45 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by btg0079
Noticed a very strange thing today when driving with my wife. Whenever I breaked a little harder I could hear a dull "thud" coming from the passenger side seat area. It sounds like its coming from under the car. My wife said that when it happens, that it feel like something is rolling under her feet prior to the "thud". I took a quick look underneath, but dont see anything obvious. It continued all the way home.

Also, I'm sure not related, I recieved spoiler failure message and the spoiler will not go down this happened shortly beforewe noticed the thud under the floor.

I called the dealer right away and they have me coming in in Friday. Any thoughts on what the thud could be? I dida search but no real results came up.
There's a pretty large cavity under the seat - collects all sorts of stuff. Ask your wife if she has anything missing from her purse.

Old 07-04-2012, 01:11 PM
btg0079 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
There's a pretty large cavity under the seat - collects all sorts of stuff. Ask your wife if she has anything missing from her purse.
you hit the nail one the head.... i looked under the seat and found a full liter bottle of water that she had with her last weekend. problem solved...no more thud! i kinda feel stupid for this one...thanks again!!!

Old 07-04-2012, 01:44 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
brilliant suggestion, rep point for you.

Reminds me of the thread where the guys car "ate" his cellphone. The solution iirc was to drive fast and jump on the brakes and the cellphone came out of the duct under the seat.

Old 07-04-2012, 04:27 PM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by btg0079
you hit the nail one the head.... i looked under the seat and found a full liter bottle of water that she had with her last weekend. problem solved...no more thud! i kinda feel stupid for this one...thanks again!!!
Sounds like somebody might lose her passenger seat privileges for a while.

Old 07-05-2012, 08:09 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
would have been awesome if that fixed the spoiler failure!

Old 07-05-2012, 05:51 PM
Nick-NY is a splendid one to beholdNick-NY is a splendid one to beholdNick-NY is a splendid one to beholdNick-NY is a splendid one to beholdNick-NY is a splendid one to beholdNick-NY is a splendid one to beholdNick-NY is a splendid one to behold
Maybe the bottle knocked something loose while it was down there, adjusting the seat could have crushed a connector or pinched a wire.