997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Intro - TiKORE - Titanium Lug Bolts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 03:02 PM
Basic Sponsor
TiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of light
Intro - TiKORE - Titanium Lug Bolts

TiKORE Titanium Security Bolts
Hey everyone, we are new site sponsors and wanted to introduce ourselves. TiKORE Industries (pronounced Tie-Core) was established in 2010 to serve the needs of the aftermarket automotive industry. TiKORE designs, engineers, and manufactures titanium and other alloy products at its headquarters located in Fort Lauderdale, FL (USA).

We offer titanium lug bolts (security and none security) and titanium lug nuts for all brands of vehicles (custom sets as well for those folks running spacers).

Please note we roll all of our threads, manufacture the bolts in house and all of our titanium bolts are crafted from grade 5 certified titanium bar stock.
Weight savings, titanium is approx. 45% lighter than steel components.

In regards to our Porsche bolts the weight savings are slightly different as Porsche uses an aluminum ball seat, thus lighter weight in that area, but risk of wearing down the seat and oxidization of the aluminum. These bolts offer weight savings and an escape from the weathering that we all see from Porsche lug bolts.

The weight of the factory Porsche set is 4.11 lbs. The weight of the TiKORE set is 3.00 lbs.
TiKORE Engineering note, we made sure the security bolt and the regular bolt weigh the same.

Titanium Facts
Grade 5 6AL-4V Titanium (Tikore's preferred material)
Yield Strength: 128,000psi
Ultimate Tensile Strength: 138,000psi
Shear Strength: 79,800psi
Density: .160 lb/in^3
[B]

Regards,
Joshua

Attached Images     

Last edited by TiKORE; 05-31-2013 at 08:38 AM.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:18 PM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
This is what I'm running on my Turbo. Love the rust-free look!

Old 07-23-2012, 09:18 PM
JCNPB is infamous around these parts
Beautiful looking product. Is the two piece lug bolt "better" than the one piece? Why the choice? Which type is stock? Thanks for the special offer.

Old 07-24-2012, 08:56 AM
Basic Sponsor
TiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of lightTiKORE is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by JCNPB
Beautiful looking product. Is the two piece lug bolt "better" than the one piece? Why the choice? Which type is stock? Thanks for the special offer.
JCNPB,

The two piece set stays true to the OEM Porsche design. The thought process behind a two piece is that the seat is able to provide a perfect fit since it is floating. TiKORE design allows for the floating washer never to fall off during transfer to and from. With tall this being said most other brands use a one piece bolt.

Regards
Joshua

Old 07-24-2012, 08:57 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by SeattleBum
This is what I'm running on my Turbo. Love the rust-free look!
SeattleBum,

Thanks for the shout-out. We are very glad to hear you are happy!

Hope all is well,
Joshua

Old 07-24-2012, 09:34 AM
johngoga is infamous around these parts
What about those people (me included) that are running spacers, front and rear? I know we require longer bolts.

John

Old 07-24-2012, 10:56 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by johngoga
What about those people (me included) that are running spacers, front and rear? I know we require longer bolts.

John

John, great question. We have no problem making special sets for use with spacers. If you are in need of this, please just contact me via PM or email (jmontagna@tikore.com) with the sizes needs for front and back. I will provide a quote. The increase is very small and normally just covers the increase in raw materials.

Regards
Joshua

Old 07-24-2012, 02:06 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Ran these on my car. They rule! Tikore 2pc Bolts

Old 07-24-2012, 02:10 PM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
Before

Name:  20110730-IMG_9825.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  69.9 KB

After

Name:  20110730-IMG_9833.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  95.1 KB

Old 07-24-2012, 02:57 PM
Basic Sponsor
SeattleBum, much thanks for those pictures. They pretty much sum up what we are trying to do.

Joshua

Old 07-24-2012, 02:59 PM
Basic Sponsor
Vividracing... many thanks. We love us some Vividracing pictures!

Old 07-27-2012, 03:20 PM
Basic Sponsor
For anyone running spacers, TiKORE can manufacture special orders. Let us know if you require lengths over OEM.

Thanks
Joshua

Old 08-21-2012, 01:18 PM
Basic Sponsor
Name:  cb5b6212.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  120.6 KB

Our new Titanium Porsche 2-piece Security Bolt with Socket.

Old 08-21-2012, 03:59 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
Please PM me a price for 4 security bolts, Ive had my tikore lugs for ages so assuming they were not offered way back when I bought mine!

Old 08-22-2012, 07:38 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by gmoney
Please PM me a price for 4 security bolts, Ive had my tikore lugs for ages so assuming they were not offered way back when I bought mine!
Gmoney, sent you a PM!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Intro - TiKORE - Titanium Lug Bolts