997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Dension announces newest in iPod/Bluetooth integration!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 07:23 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Dension announces newest in iPod/Bluetooth integration!

DETAILS: Dension500S

Dension, the market leader in iPod/Bluetooth integration for fiber optic vehicles (Porsche, Audi, BMW, MB, others), has just released to us the latest and newest generation Dension product. The Dension 500S BT dual port, fiber optic integration system for iPod, Aux, USB and Bluetooth! This is the 4th generation Dension and now with superior bluetooth built in (on board)!

SPECIAL GROUP BUY in vendor classifieds:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post3599701

Last edited by Eric (Plug Guy); 07-24-2012 at 07:26 PM.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:02 AM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Hi Eric,

Is this a brand new design/system or just integration/refinement of the existing model?

I do plan to buy Dension to replace my Cartronics/Mobridge unit because of its beeping noise design-flaw, but I am a touch gun-shy now (for obvious reason) and want to make sure the new Dension is not something completely new and therefore might have bugs. Thanks.

Old 07-25-2012, 07:03 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
It's a major advancement from the 500. It is redesigned to include a now 5th generation bluetooth chipset on board, so no more 'add ons' to get bluetooth. The earlier BTA unit we still have is 3rd gen. Far more compatibility, better clarity, more features.

The updated 500S BT has more menu options as well, more adjustability, etc.

Tested on BB, iPhones and Droids, worked very well.

Cannga, I know you had some issues with other things - email me anytime with questions. The link will give you the basic overview. It's a very slick system, and a smaller footprint, with more advanced technology.

Units are shipping now.

Thanks.

Old 07-25-2012, 09:27 PM
pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !
Very interesting - I bought a Dension Gateway 500 not even 12 months ago - great product, no issues (other than trying to get the iPhone music file names to display on my PCM, never solved it, but no problem).

Any way, curious if there's an upgrade/exchange "program" you could offer?
Would love to have bluetooth.
...Also, would the same wiring be used, or would one have to pull everything out and re-install from scratch?

Old 07-26-2012, 03:53 AM
Banned
johnmiller is infamous around these parts
thats great.. i will be able to play it with my ipod directly.

Old 07-26-2012, 09:08 AM
wallmon is infamous around these parts
I'll sign up for 2

Old 07-26-2012, 11:26 AM
Former Vendor
for those of you with a Gateway 500, note that the BTA is phasing out of production. We have committed to all production units, and stock is here now. One more shipment will arrive shortly, then there will be no more BTA units. If you want to add BT to your 500, you can order the BTA1500 now on our site. Works just fine, no need to swap out the old unit for the new one.

Once these units sell out, that will be the end of life on the BTA, though the 500 will continue as it works very well for non PCM vehicles or those who just want iPod.

As for direct use - the existing 500 w/BTA allows A2DP streaming, as will the new unit. The difference is primarily in the newest chipset with greater clarity and far more comprehensive compatibility.

Old 07-26-2012, 12:45 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
does it require an installer or can a reasonably competent person do a diy install? any special tools needed?

Old 07-26-2012, 03:10 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Eric (Plug Guy)
It's a major advancement from the 500. It is redesigned to include a now 5th generation bluetooth chipset on board, so no more 'add ons' to get bluetooth. The earlier BTA unit we still have is 3rd gen. Far more compatibility, better clarity, more features.

The updated 500S BT has more menu options as well, more adjustability, etc. Tested on BB, iPhones and Droids, worked very well.

Cannga, I know you had some issues with other things - email me anytime with questions. The link will give you the basic overview. It's a very slick system, and a smaller footprint, with more advanced technology.
Thanks Eric. I sent a bunch of questions to this email: info@bumperpl***.com. That's the correct email?

Yes clever Cartronics/Mobridge salesmen tricked me into buying something with a flaw they knew existed; especially embarrassing since I am somewhat of a dedicated borderline nutty audiophile. No one to blame but myself. As long as Dension doesn't have the beep, I am all in.

Old 07-26-2012, 03:15 PM
Squat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to behold
Anyone want my current model with 1500?

Old 07-26-2012, 05:40 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by The Bogg
does it require an installer or can a reasonably competent person do a diy install? any special tools needed?
No special tools, and many of our customers install on their own. Like all optical devices, care is required, and on non cd changer cars dealer programming is needed, but beyond that, it is very straightforward.

All Porsche owners should own a set of torx wrenches, basic tools, etc. Beyond that, you are not tearing the car down to do it, so it goes either in the front trunk or in the cabin, and minor trim removal may be needed (then snapped right back). Complete stock look, no changes to interior (other than a small mic for the Bluetooth).

Cannga, will get back to you ASAP. Working on some other details too so everyone can get q's answered clearly.

Thanks! Units arrive tomorrow and begin shipping to those who have ordered.

Old 07-26-2012, 07:05 PM
djben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond repute
I am in the same exact boat as Cannga... flawed mObridge with it's static interference with no remedy. It is too bad no evidence of this existed online anywhere when I bought it. Well, now it does for anyone doing a Google search for it

I've got my CDC looped out right now, planning to just keep it that way if I can. Looks like I might be able to get this and just swap out my mObridge unit with it, hopefully using the same power tap wire as well.

Old 07-26-2012, 08:17 PM
w00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to behold
This is the GW52M02 model, with dual fiber optic ports for cdc retention if desired.
How do you switch from iPod to CD Charger?

Old 07-27-2012, 05:29 AM
ilhan997 is infamous around these parts
hi eric plz mp me from isabanci@hotmail.com interested in the product.

Old 07-27-2012, 02:55 PM
Former Vendor
W00zy - you can pick various sources through the Dension menu on screen - Aux, iPod, USB, BT Audio. For CDC you flip the mode selector into bypass mode (as if you were having service done on the vehicle) and the cdc pops up on screen. 99% of our customers never use the useless cdc once they have the Dension installed.

ilhan - email sent.

Folks who ordered- UNITS SHIPPED OUT TODAY! Watch for tracking.