997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

What clutch are you using?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 12:42 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
What clutch are you using?

Had a little chat with Sachs Racing North America yesterday. I learned that nearly 200 of their Stg 2.5 clutch kits have been sold so far YTD. Needless to say their U.S. representative was pretty excited. So was I for that matter. Why? Well AWE Tuning played a big role in that.

Asking the right questions is the key to matching someone to the appropriate clutch.

-What is your current power level?
-What will be your future power level?
-Do you do any track days?
-Do you do any drag racing?
-What is your commute like?
-Did Helio really deserve to win DWTS?

The 2.5 kit consisting of the 098 disc and 764 plate we have a pedal feel that is as close to stock as it gets. It is a direct fit requiring no modification.

If you are in need of a clutch or have questions, please email me direct. I am always glad to help.

Mike@AWE-Tuning.com

Want to see the goods? Click HERE.

Old 07-27-2012, 10:54 PM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
Hated my Clutchmasters Stage 3 w/ 8-puck. LOVE my Sachs 2.5 w/ LWFW purchased from Awe Tuning!

Old 07-30-2012, 07:05 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SeattleBum
Hated my Clutchmasters Stage 3 w/ 8-puck. LOVE my Sachs 2.5 w/ LWFW purchased from Awe Tuning!
Awesome!! Thank you for the purchase.

Old 07-31-2012, 09:55 AM
uaeturbo has a spectacular aura aboutuaeturbo has a spectacular aura about
Is 2.5 Sachs with lwfw good for drag racing?

Old 07-31-2012, 09:58 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by uaeturbo
Is 2.5 Sachs with lwfw good for drag racing?
Depends.

We have used it for very light drag use. If you are someone that goes twice a month or more, I would suggest going to Stg3.

The Stg3 however has a much heavier pedal and chatter at clutch engagement.

Old 07-31-2012, 11:45 AM
PacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud of
Having the 2.5 and LWFW installed right now!