997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

New Moscow Unlimi 500+ Video!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 12:54 AM
Peskarik is infamous around these partsPeskarik is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Tiago
Is this kind of events that shows how good the tunners kits are. As a european, it shows me alot more than the 1/4 mile drag (depends highly from wheel traction) or lap time (suspension/chassis and power/weight ratio).
OK, I agree with that, this is a "trade fair" for tuners' kits.

Old 07-31-2012, 01:11 AM
Originally Posted by Fugazi
Hands down the best videos on the Web! Haters "STOP"-hating hitting 200+ is no Amatuer play...
come on, "is no Amatuer play"... IT IS, because they are.

You are Hilarious, you think obviously that having 1000hp makes you a hero of some sort?

You like to throw big words around without thinking obviously, "hater"... I am no hater, and this is no sport, engage launch control, hold the wheel steady and pray to God, this is a show for rich dudes, but you make it sound like they deserve "Hero of Russia" order. Wow, awd computer controlled bullet with a piece of meat clinging to the steering wheel, hehe.

You wanna see sport, watch rally, and they sure as hell do not have 1000hp there.

"Best videos on the Web"? Straight line "driving" where even the start is taken care of for you by launch control you consider the best videos on the web? Damn, I feel sorry for you.
I bet what you do is pause the video at the end to read those numbers and sigh "I wish I had this, I would be the fastest dude on the boulevard" ;-) , so if they gave you a sheet with the numbers you'd call it "the best reading available", but you probably never read Tolstoy/Dostoyevsky/Bulgakov, am I right?

Here are videos of some REAL *****-to-the-wall DRIVING:

P.S. I am Russian, I have a slightly tuned 997TT, and I find this Unlim500 and similar events a simple case of rich pea****s showing off.

Last edited by Peskarik; 07-31-2012 at 01:51 AM.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:57 PM
besiktas is infamous around these partsbesiktas is infamous around these parts
I agree these videos you posted requires many more skills. But that does not make the other one "amateur" or "too easy to drive" . I've known many men who races regularly and professionally, declared that these 1000 + hp cars are not for them after a couple of test drives. And believe it or not, AWD sometimes not as helpful as you'd think on those power levels I would suggest you to take a couple of test drives in one of those TT Gallardo's, Alpha GTR's etc.. (since you're in Russia, shouldn't be a problem) before making any more comments on this subject. Otherwise it's pointless to discuss that with someone who has no experience on a car more than 500 hp.

Last edited by besiktas; 07-31-2012 at 05:00 PM.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:43 PM
kouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by bbywu
It's St Gotthard's Pass. It is (along with Stelvio Pass) on my bucket list.

one of the best routes i 've driven is the road from Forclaz, Ormont-Dessous, Switzerland to Chamonix, Chamonix-Mont-Blanc, France...

Amazing scenery, i want to go there spring or summer time so the road is dry and not pilled with snow...

The Russian Mile however i have to say has become an item on my bucket list! LOL

Old 08-01-2012, 10:13 PM
TT_Crab has a spectacular aura aboutTT_Crab has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Peskarik
P.S. I am Russian, I have a slightly tuned 997TT.
You drive your Porsches there in Russia and you read Dostoyevsky while 80% of your fellow citicens live with wages up to 200 Euro/month, still drive LADAs and Dostoyevsky was forbiden for them. Now you play smart *ss buy showing off your culture and your car getting your big fat wage that the former system gave you. Common people in Russia should throw stones at you when they see you...

Old 08-02-2012, 06:00 AM
Originally Posted by TT_Crab
You drive your Porsches there in Russia and you read Dostoyevsky while 80% of your fellow citicens live with wages up to 200 Euro/month, still drive LADAs and Dostoyevsky was forbiden for them. Now you play smart *ss buy showing off your culture and your car getting your big fat wage that the former system gave you. Common people in Russia should throw stones at you when they see you...
I was born in Russia, finished secondary school there, but I haven't lived there for a very long time. I've been raised and educated in Europe (now I live in Switzerland, where I moved on scholarship many years ago). I've been working since I was 16 (in fact, I was working when I was 14, back in Russia, as a postman), I cleaned toilets in an amuzement park, I worked at a gas station on weekends to get my own money, sometimes two shifts in a row, from 6am to 12pm, jobs like this.
My parents are working stiffs, my father is a professor in biology with his own institute now, but I was not born into money (would I clean toilets otherwise?), and my parents are simple middle-class, not rich at all.
I did live through period in Russia when all you could eat was pasta and dry milk that came as aid from nice people in Germany.

My cousin lives in middle of Russia and he drives old Lada and makes about 700EUR a month (200EUR - you must be really unfortunate or really lazy). He read Dostoyevsky, but you seem to imply that reading/knowing classics is a prerogative of rich people. Maybe this is so in US, I have no idea, it was not like this in USSR, these days Russia is very americanized, unfortunately, with all the iphones, designer clothes and brainless american movies as interest of young people as a result.

Yes, I am very fortunate, I recognize this and I tell this to myself everyday, but before you start accusing someone of being a hypocrite maybe you should find out more about a person.

Last edited by Peskarik; 08-02-2012 at 06:08 AM.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:16 AM
Originally Posted by besiktas
I agree these videos you posted requires many more skills. But that does not make the other one "amateur" or "too easy to drive" . I've known many men who races regularly and professionally, declared that these 1000 + hp cars are not for them after a couple of test drives. And believe it or not, AWD sometimes not as helpful as you'd think on those power levels I would suggest you to take a couple of test drives in one of those TT Gallardo's, Alpha GTR's etc.. (since you're in Russia, shouldn't be a problem) before making any more comments on this subject. Otherwise it's pointless to discuss that with someone who has no experience on a car more than 500 hp.
So you say professional race drivers are not as skilled as some well-off dude who has enough disposable income to waste on tune and retune his Lambo to 1500hp, go on the highway, turn the launch control on, and put the pedal to the metal in a straight line? Please, do not be ridiculous.

P.S. I do not give a damn about 1500hp computers, but I would not mind taking a ride in your 4.1 997TT.

Old 08-02-2012, 06:18 AM
Originally Posted by kouzman
one of the best routes i 've driven is the road from Forclaz, Ormont-Dessous, Switzerland to Chamonix, Chamonix-Mont-Blanc, France...

Amazing scenery, i want to go there spring or summer time so the road is dry and not pilled with snow...

The Russian Mile however i have to say has become an item on my bucket list! LOL
Haven't been to French or Italian Alps, but did cover Swiss Alps.
My favourite is early, sunny and dry Sunday morning over Flüelapass.
I am going to cross it again end of August when I go for rafting. :-)

Old 08-02-2012, 07:04 AM
besiktas is infamous around these partsbesiktas is infamous around these parts
So you say professional race drivers are not as skilled as some well-off dude who has enough disposable income to waste on tune and retune his Lambo to 1500hp, go on the highway, turn the launch control on, and put the pedal to the metal in a straight line? Please, do not be ridiculous.

P.S. I do not give a damn about 1500hp computers, but I would not mind taking a ride in your 4.1 997TT.
Read my first sentence correctly. This is not only about skill, mostly not enough ***** to drive those. I've seen that myself and not once or twice. But it is clear that you've to be inside one of these cars to see my point. It's certainly no amateur play.

I would love to give you a ride if you will ever be in Istanbul

Old 08-02-2012, 07:52 AM
TT_Crab has a spectacular aura aboutTT_Crab has a spectacular aura about
Yes, I am very fortunate, I recognize this and I tell this to myself everyday, but before you start accusing someone of being a hypocrite maybe you should find out more about a person.
I am Greek and I was offended by you when you once hijacked a thread here in this forum to tell us that we (Greek people) should have been stoned to death, because we stole money due to our close relation with the government and we used this money to play rich guys buying Porsches while other people starve to death. Do you understand how it feels now? Well you probably do. I didn't reply to you at all that time while other Greek people tried to explain they were not thieves. I was waiting for the right moment to let you know that you shouldn't be judging people without knowing them. I never stole anything, I never belonged to the government and I work almost all day long. I am a civil engineer and I own a factory also. I make my money in a decent way and it is my right to spend them in Porsches or any other stuff that might be of my interest since IT'S MY MONEY.
It's called "lex talionis", my friend. It's the only way sometimes to make someone understand when dialogue is impossible.

Sorry for being off-topic. My appologies to everyone.

Last edited by TT_Crab; 08-02-2012 at 07:54 AM.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:30 AM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
I was born in Russia, finished secondary school there, but I haven't lived there for a very long time. I've been raised and educated in Europe (now I live in Switzerland, where I moved on scholarship many years ago). I've been working since I was 16 (in fact, I was working when I was 14, back in Russia, as a postman), I cleaned toilets in an amuzement park, I worked at a gas station on weekends to get my own money, sometimes two shifts in a row, from 6am to 12pm, jobs like this.
My parents are working stiffs, my father is a professor in biology with his own institute now, but I was not born into money (would I clean toilets otherwise?), and my parents are simple middle-class, not rich at all.
I did live through period in Russia when all you could eat was pasta and dry milk that came as aid from nice people in Germany.

My cousin lives in middle of Russia and he drives old Lada and makes about 700EUR a month (200EUR - you must be really unfortunate or really lazy). He read Dostoyevsky, but you seem to imply that reading/knowing classics is a prerogative of rich people. Maybe this is so in US, I have no idea, it was not like this in USSR, these days Russia is very americanized, unfortunately, with all the iphones, designer clothes and brainless american movies as interest of young people as a result.

You should get off your high horse. I wouldn't consider a Professor in Biology who own his own Institute to be a "working stiff". He is obviously a highly educated, successful white collar academic. We've all done remedial jobs growing up. Lots of people have read the classics and watch "brainless" American movies and actually enjoy them. It's called entertainment and and why you judge this in negative way really reveals your prejudices. You should realize some of the greatest graphics software and movie technologies have emerge from what I assume you consider a "brainless" genre of film making. Just like your criticisms of this thread and the people who find it interesting. There's more to it than just driving fast, it's about individuals building and tuning to the extreme. That takes know-how, not just $$. As someone who extolls the classics, I would think you would be the last person to judge a book by only its cover.

Last edited by TTdude; 08-02-2012 at 10:32 AM.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:36 AM
Pov TTRS is infamous around these parts

Oh **** its you dude how things going?

A few of us are planning in going to a GTBoard event, maybe you could come along !

Old 08-08-2012, 04:34 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Wow. Absolutely gorgeous.
Sorry to hijack shotcaller's thread again, but...Scott - just for you:

Last edited by bbywu; 08-08-2012 at 04:38 PM.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:56 AM
catch22 is infamous around these parts
I know I'm new here...but wow, what happened to this thread?

I liked the sharpness of the vid and we as car guys like to see cars, duh. But no real abilities being shown here. It's cool to see the cars being used and not just polished.

Jay

Old 08-09-2012, 10:42 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TT_Crab
I am Greek and I was offended by you when you once hijacked a thread here in this forum to tell us that we (Greek people) should have been stoned to death, because we stole money due to our close relation with the government and we used this money to play rich guys buying Porsches while other people starve to death. Do you understand how it feels now? Well you probably do. I didn't reply to you at all that time while other Greek people tried to explain they were not thieves. I was waiting for the right moment to let you know that you shouldn't be judging people without knowing them. I never stole anything, I never belonged to the government and I work almost all day long. I am a civil engineer and I own a factory also. I make my money in a decent way and it is my right to spend them in Porsches or any other stuff that might be of my interest since IT'S MY MONEY.
It's called "lex talionis", my friend. It's the only way sometimes to make someone understand when dialogue is impossible.

Sorry for being off-topic. My appologies to everyone.
peskarik needs to go play in traffic...the end . dont feed the troll....
peskarik, who gives a ****, if you were not born into money , or that you cleaned toilets, no one feels sorry for you , so stop feeling sorry for your self. you made it ? good for you, but dont come on here blasting the western ways, no one put a gun to the rest of the worlds head, and told them to get iphones, or watch our stupid american movies....its life deal with it . the world progresses , deal with it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Moscow Unlimi 500+ Video!