997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Blue demon from Russia with love :)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 12:01 AM
MegioN is a name known to allMegioN is a name known to allMegioN is a name known to allMegioN is a name known to allMegioN is a name known to allMegioN is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Mit_Boost
Megion -- Are you running the OEM AWD setup or have certain parts been upgraded (Diffs, Transfer Case, Axles, Drive Shafts, etc)?? Just wondering how it's handling the power & repeated race use (dig launches, roll racing etc)
Yes, its full OEM AWD, only tip modified.

Old 11-25-2013, 12:24 AM
kchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond repute
very nice! i was planning on running the same wheels as you, can you tell me what the specs are for you wheels??

Old 11-25-2013, 03:11 AM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
What did you do with the engine to install the rods? Was it done without splitting the case, unbolt the mains and pull the stockers and replace? Or did you do a full disassembly?

Last edited by rix; 11-25-2013 at 03:49 AM.
Old 11-25-2013, 03:21 AM
MegioN is a name known to allMegioN is a name known to allMegioN is a name known to allMegioN is a name known to allMegioN is a name known to allMegioN is a name known to all
Originally Posted by kchu221
very nice! i was planning on running the same wheels as you, can you tell me what the specs are for you wheels??
front 19x8,5 ET 60
rear 19x11 ET 40

Old 11-25-2013, 03:21 AM
Originally Posted by rix
What did you do with the engine to install the rods? Was it just split the case, unbolt the mains and pull the stockers and replace? Or did you do a full disassembly?
It was full disassbmling.

Old 11-25-2013, 03:50 AM
Guys, i am begining new build for 2014 season. I need your thoughts and advices, help me plz to do the best. Next i will post what i want to do:

1. I want to remove all intake system, only filters on turbos, it will gain faster response and less IAT, now all sucked air from stock airbox goes through 3" intake pipes to turbos and it heated by engine. It still working good, even in 30C but i want to reduce IAT.

2. IPD Push trough Y-Pipe instead of my Switzer intake, any thoughts? Any power gains for me?

3. Turbos. Hard decision, i want to go HTA3786 0.82 AR or PTE6466, target is 1200whp-1300whp on superflow (now 1000whp with gtx3582 0.63AR)

4. Engine. I have decided not to do 4.1ltr, because its not cheap and there is no real street or strip performance numbers, only paper numbers (exept ESmotor cars, but even they not racing much). I will do 3.8ltr with Mahle sleeves and Mahle pistons plus raceware head studs on stock gaskets. Heads will be ported by HeadGames.
Main question is o-ring or not o-ring

5. Fuel. Now i got 2 stock pumps and 1 bosch 044 in tank, they are good up to 1100whp.
I want to change 2 stock for Walbro 400 because they same sizes and will fit stock places plus bosch 044 will be changed to same Walbro 400, new setup will support up to 1500whp. I am doing right with fueling?

6. Exterior. I need to reduce weight, so i need CF roof, CF doors, CF fenders, CF hood. Where to buy? It should be good quality and not overpriced.

7. Interior. There will be roll cage installed, RSS is good? Or GMG? Also car will be stripped, a lot of CF parts inside. All bare metal i will cover by alcantara

Old 11-25-2013, 03:55 AM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
I am always a big fan of FP over PTE. Call Forced Performance (they designed the HTA compressor wheels) and ask for Robert. If your brave tell him I told you to call . Tell him what you are trying to do, and he'll tell you more than you ever wanted to know about the HTA product line. They have a few interesting options.

Old 11-25-2013, 04:00 AM
Aisxos is a jewel in the roughAisxos is a jewel in the roughAisxos is a jewel in the rough
I would suggest you to wait 20 days more... Ryan will be back to Greece in 20 days. If you want you are more than welcome to come to dyno too..
3.8 to 4.1 is a big difference in cc... I plan to go 2.2-2.3 bar..

Old 11-25-2013, 04:03 AM
flatsixrocks is infamous around these parts
Love your car, looks impressive! Congratulations!

Old 11-25-2013, 04:34 AM
ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !
My advice to do evomis head studs , they were much better than raceware , i used them both !!! As fas the gasket i prefer the oring setup with stock oem gaskets !!! Hold boost fine !!! good luck with your build

Old 11-25-2013, 08:22 AM
Mit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant future
Share my thoughts

Originally Posted by MegioN
1. I want to remove all intake system, only filters on turbos, it will gain faster response and less IAT, now all sucked air from stock airbox goes through 3" intake pipes to turbos and it heated by engine. It still working good, even in 30C but i want to reduce IAT.
My only "concern" with just filters would be the turbos location. Because the turbos are less than 6 inches the ground, you're going to have to be very careful to avoid driving through standing water or damaged filters allowing rocks into the turbo.

2. IPD Push trough Y-Pipe instead of my Switzer intake, any thoughts? Any power gains for me?
Not sure what the diameter of your Switzer piping is, but obviously any reasonable increase in airflow will yield an increase in power.

3. Turbos. Hard decision, i want to go HTA3786 0.82 AR or PTE6466, target is 1200whp-1300whp on superflow (now 1000whp with gtx3582 0.63AR)
Ball bearing, billet wheel turbo. The PTE 6466 & HTA 3786/3794 are both great turbos and relatively the same price. I'd recommend speaking with your tuner and seeing what they think is a better pairing in regards to the turbos' spool/reliability/performance and their tuning strategy.

4. Engine. I have decided not to do 4.1ltr, because its not cheap and there is no real street or strip performance numbers, only paper numbers (exept ESmotor cars, but even they not racing much). I will do 3.8ltr with Mahle sleeves and Mahle pistons plus raceware head studs on stock gaskets. Heads will be ported by HeadGames.
Main question is o-ring or not o-ring
Are you sending the motor back to the states or just the heads? If you're going to do a full build, you could easily send it to Protomotive or BBi since both are more than capable of building the motor to your specs (increased displacement, raised redline, upgraded internals, heads, cams, springs, etc. etc).

5. Fuel. Now i got 2 stock pumps and 1 bosch 044 in tank, they are good up to 1100whp.
I want to change 2 stock for Walbro 400 because they same sizes and will fit stock places plus bosch 044 will be changed to same Walbro 400, new setup will support up to 1500whp. I am doing right with fueling?
Def stay in tank (vs. surge tank). I'm not sure how you're planning on setting everything up and if you're going to stick with traditional Race Gas or E85/E98, but I really like the fuel kit that Undercover Performance recently shared on the forum (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-released.html). Their Stage 2 fuel kit includes twin Bosch 044s, modified fuel rails, billet fuel pump hat and a variety of injector options. The setup is rated for 1800 WHP on Traditional Gas/1200 WHP on E85, and includes everything you'd need. While it was designed to be used with the ProEFI EMS & 996 Turbo, I'm sure it could be easily modified to your Syvecs/997.

6. Exterior. I need to reduce weight, so i need CF roof, CF doors, CF fenders, CF hood. Where to buy? It should be good quality and not overpriced.
Chances are you're going to have to buy lightweight panels from a race shop, vs. a more appearance focused vendor like Vorsteiner. A quick google gave me this place (https://www.gt-racing.com/products-page/997-parts/), they've got lightweight Fenders, Doors, Hoods, etc.

7. Interior. There will be roll cage installed, RSS is good? Or GMG? Also car will be stripped, a lot of CF parts inside. All bare metal i will cover by alcantara
GMG, OEM RSS, BBi --- Whoever you're going with I'd just make sure they have some racing experience. If you're talking a complete cage, I would just be careful about the bar placement along the headliner. If the metal piping is completely exposed in the interior, it could actually be more dangerous if you were to get in an accident while not wearing a helmet.

Last edited by Mit_Boost; 11-25-2013 at 08:26 AM.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:41 AM
w00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to behold
The problem of your intake is the aluminum tubes, specially the ones in the engine bay

Old 11-25-2013, 09:03 AM
GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by w00zy
The problem of your intake is the aluminum tubes, specially the ones in the engine bay
Combined with the fat coolers!

Old 11-25-2013, 10:53 AM
kchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond repute
front 19x8,5 ET 60
rear 19x11 ET 40
Thank you very much! any spacers??

Old 11-25-2013, 11:29 AM
Aisxos is a jewel in the roughAisxos is a jewel in the roughAisxos is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by kchu221
Thank you very much! any spacers??

would you go with 360km/h if you had spacers?! It is way too risky...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Blue demon from Russia with love :)