997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

991TT spotted on U.S. soil

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 02:51 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
991TT spotted on U.S. soil

Old 08-08-2012, 03:09 PM
TwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud of
looks like a 997 TT with cosmetic upgrades

Old 08-08-2012, 05:58 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TwinTurboM3
looks like a 997 TT with cosmetic upgrades
That's Porsche. Evolutionary, not revolutionary

Old 08-08-2012, 07:33 PM
Dukekid68 is infamous around these partsDukekid68 is infamous around these parts
Looks like a reshape of the air intakes on the rear quarter panels hiding under those silver 997 intakes?? Almost resembles those on the Ruf cars.

Love the wide hips

Originally Posted by catchmyshadow

Old 08-08-2012, 07:38 PM
svoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond repute
After having my 997.1 TT that I love! And now adding a 991s cabrio that I love too, I cant wait for the 991 turbo.

Mike

Last edited by svoshop; 08-08-2012 at 07:42 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:14 PM
rossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by imcarnuts
Exactly!

Old 08-08-2012, 09:25 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by imcarnuts
That's one way to define it...

Others may disagree.

Old 08-09-2012, 05:38 AM
Squat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
That's one way to define it...

Others may disagree.

Yeah I look at it and say... humm there better be a sick powerplant there because the added mommy controls and feel being taken away, from what I am hearing from 991 test drivers ( like when BMW decided to change their market to high school girls with rich daddies and no desire to feel the road) I am saying OK if I decide I want a 991 TT could I take the $$ I would spend on it dump it into my 997TT and how much would I have left over? Would it be enough to grab a GT-R or V8 vantage????

From some very skilled drivers to the salesman at my dealer they all said about the 991" you know how you enjoy taking the 997 to the limits at a track because you get that feel of really driving it? Well the 991 takes all that away. A 80 year old grandma could take the car to 10/10s by standing on gas pointing nose."
Now I do like that part of the 997 that you have a car that is an aim and point till about 8-9/10s. But the fact you can move the car around 9/10s and above is something I want to keep. The 991 fixes every input that it doesnt approve of from 0/10s to 10/10s

Old 08-09-2012, 06:00 AM
TwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Squat
Yeah I look at it and say... humm there better be a sick powerplant there because the added mommy controls and feel being taken away, from what I am hearing from 991 test drivers ( like when BMW decided to change their market to high school girls with rich daddies and no desire to feel the road) I am saying OK if I decide I want a 991 TT could I take the $$ I would spend on it dump it into my 997TT and how much would I have left over? Would it be enough to grab a GT-R or V8 vantage????

From some very skilled drivers to the salesman at my dealer they all said about the 991" you know how you enjoy taking the 997 to the limits at a track because you get that feel of really driving it? Well the 991 takes all that away. A 80 year old grandma could take the car to 10/10s by standing on gas pointing nose."
Now I do like that part of the 997 that you have a car that is an aim and point till about 8-9/10s. But the fact you can move the car around 9/10s and above is something I want to keep. The 991 fixes every input that it doesnt approve of from 0/10s to 10/10s

similar comments existed when 997 tt replaced 996 tt.

this is called RESISTENCE.

I believe many of us who will drive the 991 tt and who will have the money will "upgrade" to 991 tt.

Old 08-09-2012, 06:54 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !

I believe many of us who will drive the 991 tt and who will have the money will "upgrade" to 991 tt.
It may also be called, malcontent. Some people have to have the latest, for MANY reasons. When these new cars have come out, it leaves some wondering - why should I get one?

Some answer the question yes, and some no.

Those who put stock in the different appearance are left wanting. Those who put stock into the drive, ride, features, technology, new warranty, etc... will have a few reasons to pick up the new one.

Some of you know the feeling you get when you pull up next to a vehicle that you have been contemplating getting, while driving your current car, and feel envious. Thinking the entire way to your destination (and perhaps engage in a conversation with individuals when you arrive), either:

"I can't wait to get one, it's new and does x, y, and z"

or

"Why should I get one? My car has everything I need, and you can barely tell the difference. It looks like mine, but I've already personalized my car, etc..."

I'm not saying it is either bad or good, because I've learned that perspective is everything.

catchmyshadow - thanks for sharing the pics. It's exciting to know the car is coming out real soon. I'm sure a lot of us are waiting to see what the new generation is capable of.

Old 08-09-2012, 07:26 AM
Squat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to behold

Look at your car and tell me that again. You slapped 2 hair dryers on your E46 instead of buying an E92... Why?

LOL money to upgrade. Why so I can go an extra .1nth of a second faster in a country that you can lose your license and privileges of driving?
No thanks if I need that .1nth I can get it from the 997. Now I would get the Gt3 or the new Cayman. But the TT is a daily driver. Sorry but NO ONE is finding the 991 driving better at 5/10s driving as a 997 at 5/10s because you cant even define 5/10ths and its like saying my new Sony TV is NIGHT and day better than your Sharp. Its better because you own it.

Of course the "fit and finish" geeks that truly have no idea what true fit and finish is will talk about it because it makes them seem educated on the matter.

When it comes time to "upgrade" I will be going with a GT3 or V8 Vantage depending on what direction I want to go. No need to get a 991tt to match the guys with their off the rack Italian suits that might say 160 on the label but the fabric is the only thing good about it.

Old 08-09-2012, 08:54 AM
Peskarik is infamous around these partsPeskarik is infamous around these parts
The swansong of classic Turbo is 997.1 manual car. If I were able to change my car now I'd get the GT2. If I were able to expand my carpark, I'd sell Turbo, buy GT3 and something simpler for the other days (1M maybe, or AWD Audi).

Anyway, according to photos, if this is real bodywork of next Turbo, they finally did something about that long and parallel-to-the-ground nose which is such a pain-in-the-butt on current model.

Old 08-09-2012, 11:44 AM
number 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to behold
I had a test drive in a 991 sans salesperson and I throughly loved it. The next turbo will no doubt be a beast.

Having said that here are my comments:

1. To me the car felt perfectly balanced and I didn't experience the dead steering that some had found granted I'm no to the limit driver and what I'm saying is that even the base car had nice power and felt very "porschey". Interior not that great.

2. If you have a really well optioned 997tt, especially a .2 you probably have a totally awesome classic car that you'd be a fool to let go.

3. Next turbo at least for first year or so will be very limited availability and you'll have to "know" someone so probably should wait a year for things to sort out so that means another 2 or 3 years from now and who has that time to waste?

Last edited by number 3; 08-09-2012 at 12:01 PM.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:05 PM
Steamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond repute
Nice to know that there's at least one other black turbo somewhere in the world that's dirtier than mine........

Old 08-09-2012, 01:30 PM
Former Vendor
MishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond repute
it needs a bigger wing in the back....we'll fix it

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991TT spotted on U.S. soil