997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Latest 997tt build - tons of power - custom wheels etc.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 09:39 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Latest 997tt build - bigger turbos in - more carbon fiber on the way!

a good friend of mine in TX contacted me to let me know he traded in his 997 Carrera that we had built, the car had a VF supercharger, a host of Fabspeed parts, coilovers etc. he wanted to go a similar route with this one as far as bolt on parts, but he wanted more power!

first step was wheels, we did a one off set of ADV5.0SL wheels in a bronze color that fit the car PERFECTLY! on order is a full 70mm fabspeed exahust, intercoolers, IPD plenum and y-pipe, GT3 throttle body, a EVOMS tune,and some body mods.. here are the initial pictures with just the wheels, i will update the thread as more parts are installed.

these pictures were taken at EVS in TX, they installed the wheels and spacers for us.

showing his Fabspeed love

the plenum and y-pipe, as well as the BRV's, spark plugs plugs, GT3 throttle body. the y-pipe is off to powder coating and the plenum is getting polished up.

Fabspeed also started working with a new carbon fiber company called Besten Carbon, they make 996 and 997 carbon lips with some of the highest quality i have ever seen.. if anyone is interested in a carbon lip let me know, i can sell you one cheaper than any other company virtually with the highest quality available!

here is the one i ordered but in glossy:

Last edited by Fabspeed Motorsport; 10-24-2012 at 06:21 PM.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:18 PM
BaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant future
why spacers for custom wheels?

Old 08-10-2012, 03:12 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BaldBag
why spacers for custom wheels?
these wheels have a 6-8 week lead time, they were ordered for his carrera which he traded in (unplanned) and rather than sell 8k worth of wheels at a loss we put small spacers on to get the offset where we wanted it..

::edit::

the wheels looked great without the spacers, but they look perfect WITH them

Last edited by Fabspeed Motorsport; 08-10-2012 at 03:14 PM.
Old 08-10-2012, 04:35 PM
Carlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really nice
nice pictures, the car is screaming for a drop!

Old 08-10-2012, 11:24 PM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
Looks great. But, I agee, needs a drop.

BTW, do you guys have a 'trade-up' program from the 64.5mm Fabspeed exhaust to the 70mm exhaust?

Old 08-11-2012, 07:16 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Carlitos way
nice pictures, the car is screaming for a drop!
Couldn't agree more, kwv3's are on their way! (along with a host of rss arms and rods)

Originally Posted by SeattleBum
Looks great. But, I agee, needs a drop.

BTW, do you guys have a 'trade-up' program from the 64.5mm Fabspeed exhaust to the 70mm exhaust?
Unfortunately no, however if you want a new system I'll give you a good deal omit and you can sell yours on here or ten list or eBay or something.

Old 08-11-2012, 07:19 PM
Former Vendor
I also forgot to mention we have a gt2rs wing being put together, a .2 rear update with led tails, and a Besten carbon front lip (one of the cheapest, highest quality lips I've ever dealt with)

Old 08-22-2012, 11:09 AM
Former Vendor
exhaust is done... 200 cel HJS cats, 70mm x-pipe and matte black tips, y-pipe is also back from powder coating... things are moving along nicely!

and the GT2 wing fitted and ready for paint (also notice the spacers are installed now and the fitment is nearly perfect [still waiting on coilovers])

Last edited by Fabspeed Motorsport; 08-22-2012 at 11:16 AM.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:52 AM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
Very nice! Dave, I left you a PM about a week ago on pricing for the 70mm...you mentioned a 'deal' for me since I already have the smaller exhaust.

Old 08-22-2012, 12:42 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by SeattleBum
Very nice! Dave, I left you a PM about a week ago on pricing for the 70mm...you mentioned a 'deal' for me since I already have the smaller exhaust.
oops, sorry about that, i just got back from Monterey and am trying to get caught up. will PM you now.

Old 08-22-2012, 03:50 PM
SaMaS is just really niceSaMaS is just really niceSaMaS is just really niceSaMaS is just really niceSaMaS is just really nice
Great looking car

Old 08-22-2012, 06:52 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Nice one....Guards is a fave.

I have some clear sidemarkers for you - 5hp per side.

Old 08-22-2012, 09:54 PM
Former Vendor
dbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant future
Looking great! Good job guys!

Old 08-23-2012, 06:00 AM
BAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of light
Car looks great! ..But why would you need spacers on big $ ADV.1 wheels?!?!

Old 08-23-2012, 10:43 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by BAD *** TA WS6
Car looks great! ..But why would you need spacers on big $ ADV.1 wheels?!?!
the wheels were built for his previous car (997 carrera) that he traded in while the wheels were being built, rather than cancel the order or sell the wheels we just used 7mm spacers to make them look perfect, they looked GOOD without the spacers as they were but im a perfectionist and wanted them PERFECT!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Latest 997tt build - tons of power - custom wheels etc.